2020-06-18 06:11:11

@25 Best of luck (or whatever you have left, given what's happened with your breeding).

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2020-06-18 11:26:54

Has anyone actually played with Tenshaino? IN Manamon 1 it was kind of busted, so I didn't bother in Manamon 2. Maybe it got better this time around. Dageetle gets white lance in the mid or late thirties, so it should be good so long as it stays away from ice moves or has a polar bug. Also, its hp isn't the best in the world.

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

2020-06-18 15:10:38

White lance has a bit of an accuracy penalty and limited usage points doesn't it? At least, I remember seeing it on Ziognioss and thinking this is great, but not that great. You've got like 5 usage points minus however many times you miss. It's hard to count a miss as a usage. You didn't use shit. You skipped the round.

2020-06-18 15:16:32

I'm pretty sure it has both, yeah. Dageetle needs better moves, but I knew that going in. It does get Sharpen, Iron Tackle and Pest Pincer though, so that's not a dead loss. I only wish it got Staff Slash. I mean, if a cow can use it, why not a beetle? It is also crying out for Holy Claw early, not Holy Light. It's a beetle. With claws. That are holy! lol

I now have all team members captured and am just breeding for stats. Two of six (Dageetle and Cloritus) are done. Fun fact: Cloritus starts with Thicken. Yup. That's it. Then it learns Forbid and Antidefense. Hopefully its first actual STAB move is a good one.

Unicloud starts with Steel Horn and Stun Volt, then gets Cloud Surge and Heaven's Winds. Nice coverage, but it's trying to be a mixed attacker. Ah well, maybe I just have to accept my fate and split my train points three ways.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2020-06-18 17:12:32

Right now I'm leaning towards attack for my Pegastorm, as while it does get Lightning Bolt, Staff Slash is a lot more accurate, so that's what I usually end up with.
Also an FYI: somewhere along the lines (don't know where but I think in the mid 20s or so), Unicloud learns both Protect and Forbid.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2020-06-18 18:07:24

I usually start my team off at level 25. I get that it leaves you overprepared for a bit but it also means you don't have to try and figure out how to kill things with Thicken for the first 5 or 10 levels until you get one of the tried, tested, and true standard moves. You know the ones: Bite, Pounce, Headbutt, Claw, or worse yet, Fury Claws. 25 is also the highest you can trade something in and still be able to use it between the first and second stadium. I can't imagine that has changed much between Manamon 1 and 2.

2020-06-18 21:50:38

25 is too high. I usually do it between levels 13 and 16. Even then, if I have to baby something a bit, oh well.

2020-06-19 00:13:20

So Pegastorm also got Sparking Tail, so I think physical side, it's stronger. Its speed is also pretty good imo.
So what's the point of moves like Leaf Leverage, Charge, and the like? By how much does the power of the move get boosted?

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2020-06-19 00:18:07

Pegastorm also gets Lunar Cannon, which is actually a pretty good move as long as you don't spam it over and over.

I have no idea how big the boost is to moves like Charge, Leaf Leverage or Polish, but it needs to be considerable to be used IMO. The game is too attack-focused otherwise.

Good news is, I have the team now. I'm in the process of gaining a few levels for them so they're actually usable when I transfer them over. Will definitely need help with transferring at some point either a bit later tonight or tomorrow.

2020-06-19 02:20:52

Team is all ready now. Items, hdl items, nicknames, proper stats, all that jazz. I'm ready to go. If anyone is down for half an hour or so of babysitting, I'd be hugely appreciative.

2020-06-19 03:00:18

I can help

2020-06-19 03:07:50

Righto. I'm gonna go create a room right now.
Its name is
holy
No caps, no punctuation.
Send me six junk manamon, and keep hold of my six for approximately 40 minutes while I create a new file and make it able to trade.
Thanks in advance.

Room is open as we speak.

2020-06-19 03:29:20

Done. I'll keep a eye in the topic, just let me know when you are ready.

2020-06-19 03:32:47

Hey, a bit late on this, but I would think having a team with only a single type would make a couple hyper fights pretty tough. Also, I am curious about how you did the trading to get the chrono things. Are you saying you self-traded? It was my understanding the game is kinda dead, so not much going  on in the trading department.

2020-06-19 05:25:33

Yes. I'm deliberately making the game harder by having all one type on my team. Of course, I'm going to have moves of other types, and I've got a mix of physical and special attacks...but yeah, this is definitely supposed to be a challenge down the road. Right now, it's cake. There actually aren't too many types that resist holy. When and if I do a poison run, that might be even harder.

As for the chrono cores? You can get one per playthrough. Well, I've beaten the game an ungodly amount of times now, and for the last several runs I've been dumping chrono cores on traded manamon. So here's the process.
1. Get to the point in the game where you can get a chrono core. Alternatively, beat the game and make sure you got the core.
2. Breed a new team of manamon, and shove the chrono core on one of those.
3. Trade those bred manamon away, including the one holding the chrono core. The intention is to use that bred team on your next playthrough.
4. Start a new playthrough, and get your bred team back.
5. Play through the game till you get a chrono core...and now you have two.

I've done that several times now, so I have four chrono cores already and will gain a fifth when I hit the requisite part of the story. It's time-intensive, but it's completely legal and doesn't involve cheating, just a lot of trading.

2020-06-19 11:32:35

@Jayde: As you were asking for a Manamon with Pollution Solution and Poison Pressure, Sansurgion does get both. So perhaps you may consider it if you do a poison team playthrough. Strangely I really can't remember about Furivia getting Sludge Hammer, and I did transform it into Treezon rather late. Perhaps it was added on a recent update or something.

2020-06-19 14:49:13

Ooh, that's hot. I will definitely consider Sansurgion then for a poison playthrough, since that is a freaking awesome combo. A bit of setup, but that's okay. Setup I can live with. Won't work on steel types obviously, but that's what Ursinearator is for. And Turoison. And maybe even Ratiera with Power Punch. Looking at Sansurgion, Ursinearator, Turoison, Treezon, Ratiera and Cerberat/Delazzard for a poison playthrough (I've done Delazzard before, but it does get Poison Pressure). Cerberat's coverage is a little better and I think it can be run as a special attacker with Poison Ball, Plague and Chemical Blaze. Trumer I'm not seriously considering at this stage unless it's a lot better than I remember it being, and I'm definitely not using Skirial.

This'll be a bit yet, though, as I'm enjoying my current playthrough.
So I do have a question. I evolved Cloritus into Sanctosole immediately at level 31, saw it gets Astral Buster via level-up. Have I lost my chance to get Righteous Rend forever now? If so, that's going to suck, royally, and I may have to breed for and grind up a new one, since I absolutely need a good holy attack. I did notice it gets Hibernate via the move relearner, so that's neat. Its HP and special defense are too low for it unless you start stacking Defense Prayers, but yeah, even then I just don't see it working out too well.

Dageetle's early Plague wrecked the grass stadium but not as fast as I'd have liked. Pest Pincer would've done it better. I still don't understand why it gets two STAB special attacks early. When your move choice is already so limited, that's a right pain.

2020-06-19 15:01:43

It's been a while since I did a playthrough with Sanctosole, but I'm pretty sure it gets righteous Rend even when transformed, possibly in the 40s, I'd say 43 or 45.

2020-06-19 15:48:47

It does. I'm looking at one I purposely transformed early and leveled up... I now actually have a save with basically every single manamon transformation at about level 95 where applicable. Sanctosole does get righteous rend at some point... but since the tutor doesn't list levels, I can't tell you when.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2020-06-19 17:10:23

I found it, don't worry. It's 44 I believe, or somewhere in there, so the info was legit. I only have five level-up herbs and for a second I was thinking Cloritus got Righteous Rend while Sanctosole got Astral Buster, which would have made me very sad. Putting Righteous Rend on this thing will make it halfway decent, as it can hit from three types (holy, ghost, standard), which isn't great but isn't awful. Miracle Adrenaline is so tempting, but all that HP loss forever after using it is simply not worth it. I can stack attack prayers and heal for free.
Sad news: it looks like Vishthaugh is busted. It gets Parrot to use other moves, but otherwise its only non-holy move is Bite, at least thus far. That's just a shame.
Kaboerain has been rocking special moves (holy water, holy light, bubble burst) for awhile now, and then randomly got Aquatic Blitz. Ye gods, this is looking like a busted gen 2 starter.
I know Thundercolt is gonna get good, but right now it dies in two hits of everything and isn't strong enough to fight for itself. Also of note: it didn't get a STAB worthwhile electric move till Battery Burst. At level 25, when it transformed. With so much limitation in move choice, this is simply not acceptable. Even something weak would have done well here.
The cow's attack is phenomenal, and both it and the horse want Full Moon Blessing, but I said no to both.
That robot thing in Ogma's house was fun. Conjure Sword is murder on holy types, and it one-shotted almost everything on my team except Sanctosole and Dageetle, which between the two of them took it down.

2020-06-19 17:34:31

What I am really curious to know, and I wonder if you could implement this on a playthrough at some point, is the exporting thing from manamon 1. Can you actually play a full game with your manamon 1 team?

2020-06-19 17:58:23

Vishthaugh kinda stinks, at least from what I've dealt with. Put any undead type with a headstone amulet against most enemy Vishthaugh, and they're basically screwed.
I didn't transform Furivia myself until I found that one Chlorophyll element in Brytanburg South, which was at like Level 30-ish, or maybe a little earlier.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2020-06-20 03:53:44

I'm liking this self-induced challenge mode where all your manamon share a type. It means that if you come up against a tamer that has a lot of moves of that type, you're pretty much fucked unless you can get creative.
Honestly, my Sanctosole is my saving grace on this run, since while it's weak to steel like the rest of my team, it's neutral to damn near everything. I'd say Kaboerain is useful too, except it's...really not. Hoping it gets Staff Slash, Lunar Cannon or even White Lance pretty soon, because Holy Light stopped being cool fifteen levels ago. I just beat Eternity Angel, and it killed well over half my team since it OHKOs almost everything with Iron Maiden. I had to set up on it a bit and then just brute-force it.

I thought of a really mean type run, actually. Standard. The team would look something like Erroir, Grizzlord, Leonatar, Giganatan, Domestress and Bayowoof. I suppose I could use Chillardent over one of those, though. Meh. Either way.

2020-06-20 04:12:37 (edited by Shadowcat 2020-06-20 04:13:07)

Sub out Leonatar for Chillardant... only if you wanna rip your hair out though. lol.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2020-06-20 05:06:41

Replacing Leonatar with Chillardent sounds like a really awful idea, as it would leave three of six mons completely unable to touch ghosts, I believe, since at last check neither Bayowoof nor Domestress can. Hell, I don't think Giganatan can either. And Grizzlord I'd have to be super careful with since I'm not quite sure when it gets things like Dark Fang or Berserk Branch, and it's only got five moveslots.