2006-05-20 09:50:34

It's a new space strategy game.  Those looking for a more dep game will probably be even happier than they were with galaxy ranger.  Check it out; vipgameszone.com

James

James

2006-05-20 16:09:38

Hmmm, a very cool game, very remeniscent of an old classic of the Amigar and such called illete.

I'm still trying to get my head around the game's workings and formulate some stratogy, though there is one thing that's very cool indeed! the exchange rate of the dollar! only 20 quid for me, even counting the extra five dollars European Vat and handling charge for using Paypal.

It's also nice to see that Vip games zone have taken peoples comments on board, less synth speech in this one, and I was also pleased to see them produce a game that didn't work on that 100 x 100 board moddle that Galaxy Ranger and X hour (and maybe other game's of there's as well), seem to use.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-05-21 05:43:04 (edited by cx2 2006-05-21 05:43:53)

Hmm... In Elite the focus was on your ship and upgrading it. this seems interesting, but not quite the sort of space strategy I'd jump right into with my whole heart.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2006-05-21 11:23:22

hello

yeah, the game sounds sucha big deal from the docs and all, but apart from the mony and business stuf involved it's mainly pressing your arrow keys in some different combinations of sound...
would have made it more realistic
apart from that I am glad too they involved some natural voices this time
but what I think is this, better a very good game(in turms of game play) with low quality sounds and sinth voices than an ok game with fantastic sounds and 30 different voice actors, game manegers and other fasilitys
and that's why I stil like super tenis wich has ok sounds and a very good game play(and it's also very replayable), than this new game, wich is undoutedly there most complicated game, though falls very much in turms of game play in my oppinion
I think developers should bare those things in mind when writing a game
best regards
yakir arbib

2006-05-21 11:30:04

Yep, I know Ilete was more about ship upgrading, but the bits of Lords that reminded me of that game are the fact that you physically need to travel to different planets through space (rather than just clicking a button and instantly getting there), the economics, and of course the attacks by various enemies. I particularly love the robots, my desire to get a Dallek in an audiogame seems to have been met ;D.

My only real irritation with the game is the Pulsars. I don't know whether it's a bug, or just that I'm using sterrio headphones not surround sounjd speakers, but occasionally, when there's been one or two pulsars from one side, another one comes from the same side and completely distroys me, maybe it's a minor bug?

one minor annoyence i have with the game, is it often doesn't feel as if your running around with five other players. I wish they'd implimented a news system, so you got a message everytime somebody else bought a planet or did something, that'd make the game feel more crowded and Imho, more urgent.

Btw, how come planets are so cheap in comparison to chipping supplies?

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-05-21 16:13:06

i agree about the info idea. i can't really do anything with the galaxy curves and as far as i know there is nothing described about pressing enter when you need to avoid a hole, which of course i might have missed but had to figure out myself.

2006-05-21 17:37:03 (edited by dark empathy 2006-05-21 19:05:27)

Hmmm, I've never had trouble with the holes myself, if I remember rightly it does say something about pressing enter in the manual ----- but then again, I did need to read the thing about three times to get all the mechanics of the game.

I've solved my problem with the pulsars, once your shield takes two hits on the same side, you need to press the arrow again to deploy it. sinse i wasn't losing all those resources, I totally distroyed the comp players today (my 4800 coins where the next person down had 2500), maybe I'll try the online game now.

Arjen, the curves aren't a problem, sinse you get bags of time to do anything. Just position yourself betwene the two beacons (pressing space bar will give you a beaping sound when your in the right place), then when you go through them, the computer will tell you the engine power to use, and you've got until the next set of becons to change to the right power, which is loads of time (sinse coins appear just as you go through the beacons, I usually hold off changing the power until I've grabbed them).

I'm really enjoying the game now I've got used to all the puzles.

2006-05-21 18:51:31

by the time you posted that, i already knew it smile

2006-05-21 19:04:37

Ooo sorry, just trying to be vaguely helpfull. Oh, and I've realized I put an extra zero in my last post, it should have read 4800 not fourty eight thousand! now that would be impressived (though probably impossible).

2006-05-22 07:44:23

hahaha yeah. actually i was just messing about with those curves, trying to do something good and it worked.