2020-06-16 16:10:51 (edited by Dark 2023-10-23 07:11:32)

Introduction

Here is a list of audiogames I have discovered on the Amazon Alexa platform which can be enabled using the "skills" tab.
Most are free as are all Alexa skills, though a couple link to services that create accounts and thus have a charge.

Additions, thoughts or updates to the list are always welcome, so please use This thread[/ for comments or suggestions

Note however that due to Amazon's policy,  this list contains only skills I could access from the United Kingdom version of the Alexa app, since unfortunately not all developers make their skills available in all countries, even when the language is the same (dam them!).

to qualify as an audiogame an ap must:
1: Be completely accessible via audio alone such that a blind and sighted player could play equally. Thus quizzes  with the odd visual question in the ap would not count.

2: Be an actual game with a goal and some way for the player to interact  to achieve that goal. Unfortunately many of the skills in the "game's section, though often doing fun things like dispensing random facts about dragons or werewolves are not games a player can interact with.
For a none official list of other things I've tried see this topic of random Alexa stuff

Also note that these short descriptions contain actual reviews, ie, they represent my opinions, both positive and negative.

The list will be updated from time to time as I try more skills so check back. This does not however mean that Amazon skills will not get db pages, just that since many are comparatively short games, this is a quick and easy way to keep people informed of what is out there, as well as perhaps alert developers of these skills to the fact that the audiogaming community exists.

Now on with the list:

3%challenge

From the makkers of the vortex (see below), comes this awesome daily challenge game, containing an interactive story, plus a hole bunch of different logic, sound, and memory games played on a daily basis.
The diversity of different minigames here is very nice, though be careful about the difficulty of some. Also, the premium system here is extremely fair, letting you pay for occasional extra bits of content, from accessing other parts of the story, to giving you some new challenges for the sound recognition game.
My only miner criticism is that at the moment, the game’s activation seems rather random, some days it works, some days it doesn’t. Hopefully this is not a major issue the developers are having and will be solved soon.

Six swords

An rpg with a lot of exploring. Take control of a group of mercenaries and slay your way around a vast map with turn based combat, towns to visit, dank underground caves, temples to weird gods.
With frequent updates including bug fixing, the chance to build castles,  and lots of exploring this is definitely one for rpg fans, albeit don't expect progress to be too quick.
thanks to bookrage for providing some extra info about this one.

80’s feel the pressure

Similar to the feel the pressure game (see below), but with 80’s, pop questions. Great for music and ambience and with a lot of questions, but even my lady ran into trouble with this one, since the questions are pretty tough and require a good knowledge of the music of the period, who was in the charts when etc.
There are versions available for other decades as well, but since I have no knowledge of pop music myself, and even my lady’s knowledge of eighties pop failed with this one, be prepared to be trounced unless you’re a real pop aficionado

Animal letters

From Drew Cosgrove, the ssame person who created Harry potter letters and it works on basically the same principle, get a letter and say as many animals as you can beginning with that letter. What sets this one apart from similar skills of the type  is the number of sounds for different animals , the amusing score titles, and the keeping of top scores.

Beat the intro

Supposedly a music game where you hear the intros of songs and have to identify, however when we ran it we got a major advertising their version two and couldn't actually play the game itself which was annoying, I suspect there are new puzzles each day, but not getting the old ones and just being told how awesome their next version is is not exactly a way to recommend a game to new players.
Also, the game works  on recorded audio from some dj or other and this is one instance where having  Alexa voice the game would've been waaaaay less irritating D.

Basic adventure

The title isn't kidding. A really short Cyoa style game where you rescue a princess. The fact that  I not only completed the game on my first attempt and! that the hole thing took me less than ten minutes likely tells you how much content this has.

Battlecry

Supposedly a skill where you get to battle people across the net in  random duels.
One problem, to battle anyone you need their code. Since there are neither ai opponents, nor any way of searching for another player's code, nor (from what Google can tell me), a registered list of codes or similar there is literally no way to battle anybody!

So mmmm, is it a good game? I honestly don't know, but my code is blue panther twelve and anyone is free to give me a try and let me know, hay, let me know your code too big_smile.

Bbc the inspection chamber

This one is very cool! A random scifi comic game in which you are a life form in an inspection chamber being looked over by two scientists who just want to get out of the office and go home, and their database, the actually rather disturbing computer "dave"
Lots of recorded audio and sfx, although this isn't quite an interactive audio drama. Highly recommended if your  strange and quirky things, I can see why it's described as a nod to Douglas Adams.

Boys and girls names letters

Again another one from the maker of animal letters and Harry potter letters with boys and girls names. This one had less sounds by nature, and also didn't recognize everything, EG it thought Cordelia was Cornelia, and couldn't distinguish the names Carol and Coral, still same keeping of top scores and same random titles which make this fun.

Button button

Supposedly a cooperative clicker game in which people from all around the world click to press a button multiple times, however it is completely broken  told me it couldn't connect to database everytime I tried it.

Bio Acoustics 101

If it weren't midnight I'd go and get my lady to show her this since it's perfect for animal lovers. Try and guess ten animal sounds whichgo from standard to unusual, you can also have the sounds demoed for you before you play to give you a head start.
My only two issues are firstly voice recognition is ropy if you choose an animal not in the list, eg, it didn't know the difference between a moose and a goose (which is sort of amusing), and secondly being as the animal sounds come from public domain sites the quality isn't always great, the cobra was barely audible.

Still good fun if you like animals.

Brain ninja

A rather nice idea, play memory and other games each day to rank up and get ninja belts.
The problem, is that firstly the games are rather easy, EG a sequence of 8 colours gets you higher, the second problem, is that the presentation is more than a little patronising, though whether this is intended for kids I don’t know.
Nice to try if you want a memory or matching game with a fun ethos, less nice if your looking for a serious challenge.

British train empire

Thanks to Cyko for recommending this one. A simple economic stratogy game where you build stations and tracks linking cities together, and then run trains to earn prophet. unfortunately, the game only has a few cities, also unfortunately, once you've built one station and connected it to another there is no way of seeing what other cities it might connect to, so unless your geography is far better than mine you do have to guess a little.

A relaxing game for stratoggists complete with leaderboard, though I do wish it included a few more stations and a bit more about the trains.

There is also an American train empire version, but that one didn't show up in the Uk version of Alexa.

Categories game

A really fun word game of the think of a so and so beginning with letter such and such  the shortest time possible. What is really cool is that the more you play the more  categories you unlock, and being asked to think of a superhero beginning with y is sort of amusing. Speech recognition can sometimes be a bit glitchy, but not so much as to spoil the game, indeed sometimes the mistakes it makes are sort of entertaining.
One particularly nice thing is the "category of the week" in which a new category of things is chosen each week to have a go at, though obviously some of these are easier than others, EG I had no idea on either American football or the Nba (I believe that is basket ball but I'm not sure).

Categories plus

This is a rather recent revamped version of above mentioned categories game. Speech recognition seems smoother, and I like the fact it now announces scores after each round, but honestly I'm not %100 sure what the differences between  and the regular categories game are or why it is a separate skill if they just wanted to upgrade.

Caves under thorn hill

A remake of the classic maze game of hunt the wumpus. Wander through numbered caves and try to use logic to find the monster without being carried around by bats or dropping into a pit or being eaten .

Each cave connects to three numbered caves, when there is something nasty in one of those three caves you'll be informed, so use calculated risk and logic based on which caves you have and haven't visited to avoid the hazards and track the beast.

A nice short game of logic though not an rpg, however with entertaining sounds and some atmospheric text, plus a developer who's open to suggestions. Definitely worth a look for a quick blast (Mrs. Dark is quite addicted to this one).

Code word

Alexa thinks of a word, and gives you a clue, if you don't guess it first time you get another. The fewer clues you use the more points over five rounds (I think the max score is 300).
A rather fun game, especially since there are new code words each week including categories, however, if you play a second game after the first the codes seem to be generalised.
also, some of the questions are rather American centric here, for example one word had the first clue"Prone to hurricanes", the second "lots of beaches", and only at the third "contains Miami" did we realize it was Florida, since there are lots of other places in the world that are prone to hurricanes and contain lots of beaches big_smile.

Chance dungeon

An entertaining little rpg/adventure game in the traditional of old dos adventures. Wander around what I assume is a procedurally generated map looking for treasure hoping the gods of random encounters are kind to you, while making choices about where to go.
To what extent your choices actually have an effect I don't know, still it's rather fun and does have some quite cool combat descriptions, not to mention a fair few encounters and indeed a way to actually win if your lucky. One of  these games which is surprisingly addictive for how simple it is.

Chance starship

A game from the same dev as chance dungeon (really wish you could show skills by creator in your skills tab or in the categories rather than having to use google search or search for the creator's name).
pretty much the same thing with an out of power starship and aliens instead of a dungeon and fantasy monsters, and equally as fun.

Colossal cave adventure

The grand daddy of all interactive fiction games, puzzle your way through the caves to find the treasures (really is there nobody who hasn't! heard of this one?). Speech recognition seemed pretty good, albeit parsing can still be as interesting as in the original.

colours game

A fun simon style game with colours. I like the fact that this one has so many different colour choices, eg brown, rose cyan etc, rather than the usual red blue green or yellow, however the problem is that for anyone who's played memory games before the game is rather easy, being as even the extreme difficulty stops at 16 colours.
The reversed difficulty is imho the hardest, where you need to repeat the colour sequence backwards, and that one makes the game fun.

Cursed painting

Wonder wood's fantastic interactive adventure, with character development, monsters to fight, a dungeon to explore, random forests monsters and a chance to climb the mountain each week!
While the original story content in this one is fantastic, and well worth playing through, I do wish there was a little more todo when you've finished the various challenges, still it's well worth playing, and also well worth purchicing.

Dark cave

This one is interesting. Though like caves of thorn hill this is supposedly based on Hunt the wumpus, the feeling is far more that of a maze audiogame.
Wander around a grid based cave searching for a monster and pits. The catch is no coordinates, no directional information, just logic about when your next to a square containing a pit or monster. Of course we all really! know that anyone would be able to tell what direction the stench of the monster or the draught of the pits was coming from, but hay! it's a nice logic challenge and also cool that a sighted developer came up with what is almost like an audiogame in text (it reminded me slightly of inquisitor's heartbeat).

Dark citadel

Okay, this is an example of something that is a great idea which imho has got rather out of hand.
Starting as a gamebook with combat, characters and rpg stats, more and more has been added, pets, heroes, your own keep to level up, challenges, taking teretoryy, fishing and crafting, to the point where working out how to do anything is actually pretty difficult!
Even basic things like checking your inventory or looking at what items you have or what affects they have on your character are near impossible!

It also doesn't help that at one time there was a massive difficulty spike, making even the solo adventure portion near impossible these days.
Worth playing, certainly, but a little too sprawling and  easy to get down right confused with, especially when it's so hard to find basic information.

Likewise, while the subscription fee  offering masses of in game boosters each day might be quite justified, since there's certainly enough content here to play, trying to work out what does what, when to use what, or how to progress your character is pretty much a trial, meaning the subscription feels more a hindrance than a help, loading you down with items whose use and function is rather hard to determine!

Really hope this one gets some focus, since it has the potential to be amazing, if the developer would just calm down and consolidate information a bit.

daily connection

Another Drew Cosgrove skill, this one is pretty fun if you like word games.
Get  three words and find the word which links them, for example, mouth, bike and oil, the linking word being motor, as in motormouth, motorbike and motor oil.

Speak your answers, tot up stats, and see how many people did as well as you did.
There is a premium mode which adds hints where you can reveal the first letter of the connecting word, though this one is more fun to guess.

The only occasional problem, is that sometimes you can find a word which connects all three words, but just isn't the one the creator thought of big_smile.

Not as much fun as question of the day, but nice if your married to someone who also enjoys words.

Daily question

Another Drew Cosgrove trivia skill done every day. Get a multiple choice question and earn 10 thousand dollars (or 20 if yoy buy the very inexpensive upgrade). Every three days, choose to gamble half your cash on a bonus question, worth a random amount of money dependent on the spin of a roulette wheel.
Nice sounds, a good question selection, and a chance to get really mad when you suddenly lose millions, lots of fun if you want another daily trivia game to play.

Daily quiz

From the makers of trivia daily and trivia hero. Uniquely, this requires you to answer 5 questions within three minutes, and scores you based on your time. Unfortunately, the pay wall is pretty steep in this one, since unless you pay a subscription, you only get one crack at getting all 5 in a row right.
On the plus side, questions on average tend to be easier, or at least my lady and I found them that way.
Just remember to say “alexa” or whatever wake word you’ve got set to  interrupt the timer for your answer.
The only minor annoyance, is where previously the game used Alexa to speak questions, it’s recently changed over to being voiced by a human. This is fine, accept that the over all reaction time of the program has gone down playing those audio files, which can be irritating when your playing a timed quiz.
Plus, I confess I find the background music really grates on my nerves.

Desolate board game

Another great Alexa game from ertay, developer of dungeon roll (see below).
Try to retrieve five power cells from an abandoned space station teaming with nasty aliens by drawing cards from a 15 card exploration deck. Each turn, choose to discard a card and play the next, and need to make tough decisions about rolling dice in combat.
As with dungeon roll, it’s the strategy and planning here which is nice, though I do really like all the sfx for the alien monsters you find.
Also, the game is wonderfully clever in terms of mixing chance and strategy elements together, and requiring you to make hard decisions, and occasionally get lucky.

Deep space dice

Ertay’s latest game, an adaptation of a board game called deep space d6. Command a spaceship in dire trouble, use your crew dice and take on threats ranging from enemy ships, to power failures.
A fantastic challenge of resource management, and decision making randomness throne in and some great sound effects too. Really good fun and well worth a try.

Disney hits challenge

Answer four questions on Disney songs,complete with clicks, earn stars and get Disney fun facts.
Okay, this one I have mixed feelings about. On the one hand, Disney music and questions are great and its nice to hear a game with so many sound effects (even  some of them make me want to murder micky Mouse, Donald duck and goofy with a chain saw).
The problem, is that the thing is so bloody jingoistic it boarders on brain washing. The “Disney fun facts” all amount to telling you how awesome Walt Disney/Disney films/the Disney coorporation is, likewise it  about five times to run the Disney hits playlist, which of course must be bought from Amazon music.

If it wasn’t for the fact that playing “guess the film”, or “add the line” with Disney songs is fun, I’d say this is more like an extended advert than a game, rather like Harry Potter quiz actually.

So, worth playing, yes if you like Disney, but lets just say the many spoons full of sugar make the medicine, or at least the corporate advertising bloody hard to stomach big_smile.

Doctor who trivia

Very similar to some other trivia games I've seen. Five questions per round, probably a reasonable selection. Nice for having a mix of classic and modern doctor who topics, though a shame it didn't give more info about the background and stories the answers to the questions came from.

Dungeon adventure

Step into a dungeon to slay an evil necromancer. Your classic dungeon crawl, actually it sort of reminded me of a roguelike,  accept obviously without the ascii. Combat is particularly good in this one since you have a lot of options from spells to negotiation, death is also very harsh. Cursed items, gold, random generation lots of fun stuff.

The only problem is the help is rather lacking, so I recommend people check out This facebook post Which has all the commands listed.

Either way a must play for rpg fans.

Dungeon crawler

I’ve been waiting for this one to be available in the UK for some time. Go through a dungeon room by room. Some rooms have randomly generated monsters such as a scary goblin or a spooky ghost which you can attack or flee from, others have treasure. Collect ten treasures to win.

As a bit of fun its rather nice for its procedural monsters (I was amused at the annoying goblin king), though the descriptions aren’t as good as chance dungeon. It also has the problem that fleeing from monsters still lets you continue and defeating monsters doesn’t get you anything but satisfaction as far as I know, this combine with the fact you can’t see your hp anyway means you could almost go straight through fleeing everything and waiting for the god of random numbers to favour you with enough treasures to win.

Dungeon frenzy

Okay, this one is cool! volley inc's rpg game, with randomly generated monsters and loot, choices in combat and a quick atmosphere, plus funny sound effects.
It's sort of like chance dungeon in that most actions are automatic, however here your choices matter, you can be killed and there is much more by way of random generated stuff, as well as new things to discover  lots of ways to progress.

A casual game, but still one I'd highly recommend anyone who likes dungeons and monster slayage should try out.

Dungeon rader

Sadly not an rpg, another very short Cyoa style adventure with a dungeon, treasure, locked doors etc. It did have a secret to get to on the second playthrough, but really only with ten total options (three choices of three plus an extra), two instant death traps, and not too much done in terms of back tracking or interesting stuff with said locked doors this was not as good as it could've been, indeed for a far better quality example of the same sort of thing check out minny dungeon below.

Dungeon roll

Ertay’s great adaptation of a classic dungeoning dice game. Choose your hero, make up a party of adventurers represented by dice, and make ough Yahtzee like decisions as you play. What I particularly like here, is that the decisions aren’t simple, you have to think about the future, and strategise carefully, whilst getting unexpected rewards.
My only miner issue, is that where I suspect the original game came with artwork and the like,  Alexa version has little to no flavour text, and it is a wee bit disappointing to have a dragon or a new dungeon level not described, but for pure strategy in the best dungeon diving tradition, look no further.

Escape room

Think zork style interactive fiction with an alexa and you have it. Contains three games so far, merlin's cave, escape the garage and ancient tomb all of which are your usual puzzles in an underground labyrinth style adventures.
Quite an interesting setup actually and generally free from "guess the verb" since you only have to use one item with another, albeit the search command seems a bit wonky, also it did run into the problem I always have with if, namely trying to do something logical and no way of doing it.
Apparently it will be expanded with more rooms, ie, more adventures,  in the future.

Earplay

The makers of Codename Signas (and there is even a port of that). launch an environment for creating interactive stories. A bit sparse so far but I really hope they release more  Echo since the speech recognition technology is so much better than the Iphone (I could only get the Ios version of Codename signas to accept speech while wearing earphones).
This is one that does require account creation, and I suspect there will be paid games eventually, though none seem to be around at the moment.

Feel the pressure

Okay, this one is pretty cool. Another Drew Cosgrove skill with rules like a Tv quiz show. Answer ten questions. Some are letter questions EG what word beginning with L means a stretch of salt water near the sea, some are multiple choice questions. There are lots of sound effects plus some rather amusing jokes, I was very amused what happened when Alexa pretended to misunderstand my answer to “oasis” then turned out to be right big_smile.

A good mix of topics and nice responsiveness, definitely one of the better trivia quizzes out there.

Forest adventure

Another attempt at interactive fiction with alexa, but this one far more buggy, showing exits one can't actually exit through and items you can't pick up, not to mention other interaction commands such as "read book" that don't work right at all. Quite frustrating.

Forest survival

Supposedly a  cyoa style adventure game about making it through a dark forest, however full of random deathtraps and without exactly the worlds' best writing. still I did play it enough times to find the correct  path through and finish the game which probably says more about my persistence than the quality of this game.
There are far better adventure games out there for Alexa.

Fun question

Get a multiple choice daily question, plus extra bonus question. What is fun about this one are the really silly sounds for each choice, even when the questions are comparatively serious, and the really insane badgers you get such as "cool cucumber", or "polished platypus!"

The premium rate gives you an extra couple of questions a day and only costs £1.20 a month, or £1.50 without prime discount, so it's not too expensive.
The only thing I don't like for this, is that for some reason, in an apparent attempt to make Alexa sound like a dizzy dame quiz show host, they've upped the voice expression, but also made the tone a lot more nasal and added random background music.
Still, if you want another quick trivia game, this is a fun one, as the title suggests.

General Triva

eight quick multiple choice trivia questions and a score out of eight. Good variety of different topics for
questions, though playing a few times unfortunately seemed to repeat questions so the question bank for this probably isn't as large as one would like. i'd love to find a true trivial pursuit type game for Alexa, something like the way trivia crack used to be on Ios before it went stupid, but this isn't it.

Ghost detector

This one is still under development apparently. At the moment each day you can launch the ghost detector, detect a ghost and then catch it. One mildly irritating thing is that you have to relaunch the skill each time, eg, you say "alexa" launch ghost detector and catch a ghost" or even "alexa launch ghost detector and help"
Ghosts you catch give you ghost bux, which will be used to unlock missions and things down the line, but now are just collectable.
While the ghosts aren't described, the fact that they are somewhat procedurally generated is pretty cool, and of course you can detect several ghosts and try to build up a collection of them big_smile.

At the moment it's a mild amusement,  but depending upon where this one goes it could be pretty awesome, so it's one to watch.

Ghost word game

This is a surprisingly tough word game. Take turns saying a letter. the one who finishes a word or gets into a situation where no word is possible loses.
maybe its my cruddy spelling, but this one is surprisingly challenging, since it takes strategy as well as a good vocabulary of rare words to win, and obviously Alexa has the entire electronic dictionary at her/its disposal.

Goats of fortune

I confess I tried this one just for the name  much as anything else. A bit like the old game show take your pick or the American version Deal or no deal though actually with a bit of strategy behind it.
3 doors in each round, two of them have  goats behind them meaning no cash for you, one of them has money, however your offered a bribe  take the money and walk on to the next round.
If you get a goat you get nothing, however you can also run across explosive goats which mean you lose all your cash.
What is nice in this one is to progress you have to make a certain amount of money in a number of rounds, and progressing raises your rank higher.
A nice and very silly game to spend five minutes with.

Hangman

And to solve confusion this is the one initiated by the "launch hangman game" invocation.
This one is not as good as the hangman there used to be. No categories, you just get given a random word. Also no way to tailor the difficulty as regards number of guesses and the "moo" or "ha" when you get things right or wrong are a bit childish, indeed in general the language of this one is a bit odd, which is not what you want in a language game.

The thing that really! annoys me with this one though is the fact that Alexa slows down to spell the word and hearing aleaxa very slowly say "under score, under score, under score" simply sets my teeth on edge.
We'll probably be looking for another Hangman game methinks.

Harry Potter letters

Okay this one is pretty cool! very simple, get presented with a letter of the alphabet and try and think as many potterverse thinggs you can beginning with that letter, everyting  broomstick to berbage.
I will say this one is a little odd, for  example it allows character last names such as "berbage" as in charity berbage, but not terms such as "frogspawn", still its very cool and surprisingly difficult.
What is really awesome though are the sounds, potter verse adverts and fun stuff. Get hogwarts credits to have a wizard like rank, and have messages like "sponsored by weasly's wizard wheezes" when you start the game, plus  words have associated easter egg sounds with them, for example see what happens if you say basalisc or dragon.
Definitely recommended for Potter fans.

Harry potter trivia game,

Pretty much same as the Doctor who (I wonder if there is a template for these somewhere), Five harry potter questions per round. nice in terms of questions being not the obvious ones, though two play throughs showed repeats so I'm not sure on the longevity of this one. Also, a shame  wasn't more info about the answers.

Higher lower game

This is a nice game in theory but the execution is sort of irritating. Your given a random thing, often with pop culture significance such as Darth Vader, Manchester united or donald Trump and told how many monthly searches it gets on google, then asked if something else is higher or lower.
So on the one hand you can be disturbed by facts like Jenifer Lopez being googled more times than buddhism, on the other the language of this one is just rather annoying.
Getting told "you suck" or "You stupid brah" when you lose, or "Get lost quitter" when you finish the game or the like might be amusing to some, but I found  a little obnoxious, also slightly annoying that the game tells you how terrible your score is when you get several right.

Btw there is a web based version of this with a couple of extra modes such as multiplayer  elimination and beat the clock, but only the classic seemed to be accessible (though they probably would be on Alexa), furthermore, whenever you won the game you had to find your way past a really loud add video to get your results, which again is an advantage of the Alexa version for those who fancy it.

Holiday song quiz

From Volley Link, the same people who make a fair few of these games. This is a christmas song quiz where you get 7 questions and need to give the song and artist to get 20 points a go. Can be played multiplayer.
Voice recognition is good, though manifestly categories are a little limited, also it has the same problem as song quiz (which I talk about below), namely that the point scoring is craaaaaaazy!

Hocus pocus

Feel the pressure, but entirely with harry potter questions! it's also got rather fun harry potter themed ranks too!
Definitely fun to play if you're a potter head.

Improved trivia

This is a great game ruined by annoying bugs. You can select number of questions, whether you want multiple choice or   boullion, how many between 1 and 50, what difficulty, including easy, medium and hard, and most critically in what category. With a list of categories ranging from anime to books to nature, there is a huge amount available.

The only problem is, firstly the interface is clunky. You have to set each variable individually through help, and often the game will start before your ready, or continue when you've finished. Most crytically wrong is the problem that the categories don't seem to work, eg, we tried a quiz on books and were asked comparatively obscure anime questions or questions on the rules of snooker.
if this one got the bugs fixed it'd be awesome.

Jeopardy

Credit to Bookrage:
A trivia game inspired by the American quiz show where you answer questions  in forms of a question.
The game lets you play each day with categories from the program, and features samples from the actual current jeopardy host  Mayim Bialik, aka Amy from the big bang theory.

The free version has six questions a day, however a subscription will get you twelve questions plus the chance to play teen jeopardy, and sports jeopardy on Saturday and Sunday (though unless your very in to American Sports, Sports Jeopardy is so difficult as to be not worth your while).

There is also an extra subscription of weekly events, where you play ten matches against other people from Friday-Sunday on a given theme , as well as the usual standard and teen jeopardy questions.
Great fun, though annoying since the server is in America, and tied matches are worked out on time, (I wish they'd just count as draws).

My only major problem with this is that the questions are so very American centric, I'd say four out of every six are about Us history, us presidents, us advertisement jingles, Us state capitals  or other things that none us residents wouldn't get, this can be  especially annoying when an event is on something like politics and law.
fortunately I've got an American wife to help me, but others who aren't so lucky and don't live in the Usa might want to give this one a miss for that reason, (I possibly wouldn't be playing this if it weren't for Mrs. Dark).

Knight manager

Take control of a knight, compete against other knights in turn based battles, go on adventures, hunt monsters the forest and battle the dark tower.
Basically a turn based daily rpg, where your knight's energy refreshes occasionally. Extra skills and items can be bought through the freemium currency diamonds, which can be bought individually, or with an ongoing subscription which gives diamonds each deay.

The game runs in leagues with championships for each league.

Okay, this has great sounds, some interesting text, and a lot of people enjoy this one.
I am not a fan myself, I do not like either the automatic combat, the pay to win feeling I get from some freemium transactions, and how repetitive the game feels, especially in fighting other knights.
that being said, there are some very dedicated fans of the game, for more see This topic.

Lyrics idle

From Verto lab, the same people who make the categories game.
A really fun game in which you hear  to a song with one item bleeped and have to insert the word in the bleep.

Other than Alexa's miner annoyance about not gettiing words like boots, and my wife and I having a habbit of singing the lines rather than speaking them, this one is lots of fun, especially since most of the pop songs are fairly iconic so are ones I've heard of, though I do wish the levels were a little better worked out and the songs better plotted with less repetition, since in this game the questions on the Titanic theme are hear in your heart, and go on; and on; and on!

Addendum

Since I started this list in 2017, so many more skills have shown up, that the list has got so long it needed splitting in two halves because the forum's software couldn't cope with the size otherwise.
Part 2, containing letters m/z,  can be Found here.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)