2020-05-21 12:46:02 (edited by Dark 2020-05-21 12:56:01)

A while ago, someone in general game discussion posted about a gangster text rpg for Ios called city of blood.
I hadn't heard of this one, so did a little poking around, and it turns out Avalancha, the company who make these actually have several bloody rpg games, elven blood, a fantasy rpg, bloodlust a vampire game, and skies of blood, a scifi mech version.

Taking a chance I decided to try out skies of blood, the scifi version, and sure enough, it is just as accessible as City of blood is.

Skies of blood (and I'm guessing the other mmorpgs from avalancha), somewhat resemble the old storm8 games.
Complete missions by using stamina to battle enemies, and waiting until your life refreshes, do combat against other players of a similar level, and recruit people to your squad to improve your combat abilities.

Unlike the storm8 games, there are no resource management idle aspects, however there are some improvements.
Firstly, whilst missions are indeed completed in one click, at the same time, you actually get a little story text about the missions and fight actual enemies, with auto combat, as well as more missions being unlocked as you do lower level ones or buy more items, meaning there is actual progress in the game, rather than just numbers getting bigger.

Also, the weapons and equipment system is a bit more straight forward, rather than you having to buy 7 shotguts the way you did in the storm8 games.

there is a premium currency, "honours" which can be used to refresh stamina and life, however obviously you get these things back by waiting, also however, honours can be used to buy additional soldiers for your squad, which is a nice way of getting more people without messing with the invite link.

Access wise, though there are a few jgps to swipe past, everything is labeled, bare in mind pages don't refresh, so you might need to switch from one tab to another to see how much time is left before you get more life/stamina.
Also, note that in both missions and combat, the button to do the mission or the combat is before the text of the player your going to fight or the mission your about to do.

The only miner access niggle I found, is as with a dark room and some other aps on Ios 13, Vo doesn't automatically find popups for you, including the box to repeat a mission once you've completed one, but touching the middle of the screen should fix this.
I also had to do a tap and hold and then tap on the okay button to buy a soldier with honours for some reason. Also, when I tried to get the invite link for my squad emailed, it didn't seem to work, so I just needed to copy the letters at the end of the web address manually.

Either way, anyone looking for a good bit of enemy pounding on Ios might want to give this a try, and if you fancy joining me on skies of blood, the  invite link for my squad is below, unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way to actually enter invite codes in the game the way there was in the storm8 games, but hopefully finding and clicking with Safari shouldn't be too much of a problem:

http://skies.avalancia.com/xz0l

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-05-21 14:12:53

might this be available for android also?

2020-05-21 14:30:45 (edited by Dark 2020-05-21 14:31:16)

I don't believe so.
The developer's own website only has links to the Ios ap store I'm afraid, and I didn't see anything about an android version on google.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-05-24 20:34:58

the only Elven Blood I found was not made by this company, though it does sound like this game in concept. It hasn't been updated in 5 years though so not sure that Elven Blood is actually part of this thing.

If I'm missing something, let me know.

2020-05-24 21:21:35

this is really simuler to downtown mafia

2020-05-28 03:35:09

Really easy game to get into, Iā€™m Ilumanati in the game, lets build forces.... my link: http://skies.avalancia.com/xzfr

2020-05-28 15:08:04 (edited by Minionslayer 2020-05-28 18:04:20)

Am I missing something? I can't for the life of me figure out how to input links I find on the web into the game. This is for gang invite links and applies to the other games in the series. Clicking on them takes me to the download page for iOS and Android but I already own the game. Using multiple browsers such as Firefox and Safari don't change anything. What's going on?

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (Minionslayer#2980). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Twitter at @Minionslayer2.

2020-09-24 23:32:45

Is anyone having trouble with these games in iOS14?
I find that the focus for VoiceOver jumps everywhere, especially when I am trying to read the table of jobs.
So far, it's making the games nearly unplayable.