2020-05-23 04:02:04

Hi! it's more anoying Octoross! and some more damn Manamon 1!
I have some questions about type efective and not efective in manamon:
1: why fighting and insect can hit shadow.
2: why magic did not effect undead
3: why stone can hit air?
4: why insect can hurt magic?
5: why poison can hurt shadow?
6: why magic can hurt electric?
7: why steel can hit magic?
and the final question: what atack sounds in manamon 1 that you like?
I think it'll be a very stupid topic. right? if so, don't answer me! but if not, please share your opinions! thanks!

Notification from the shadow leader, status has been changed to...

2020-05-23 04:39:42 (edited by moaddye 2020-05-23 04:40:23)

no idea
2: why magic doesn't effect undead
um, maybe because it's not classic magic. ya know lightning bolts and broomsticks, with manamon pointing wands at other manamon and growling, roaring, wooshing, squeaking, meowing, burbling, barking, quacking, crying or whatever manamon do to talk, like, incendio or something. Ok, stupid theory but Yeah whatever.
hm. no idea
No idea. Could be that it's because the magic manamon type's body is physical and insects can you know hurt it.

no idea.
I mean, why not? I've not played manamon in a long time, but from what I remember most electric types are just normal, physical bodies with electricity all around them, a tail charged with electricity, or a generator, or whatever, so you can hurt them!
I have a theory, but I'll just say no idea on that one, because I have to go do some research later.
Favorite attack sounds are rock type  moves.

You see a signature that is 800 characters and 8 lines long. You quickly report it to the administrators

2020-05-23 06:12:01

I'll take a crack at some of these:

Shadow is not the same as ghost. Shadow is the same thing basically as dark in Pokemon. That is to say, dark (of heart), or evil. Not ghostly. Standard and fighting can't hit ghost, because you can't reach out and punch or kick or grab and throw a ghost. That said, a lot of other types wouldn't be able to hit ghosts from a purely logical standpoint, but that would make ghost way too powerful from a game design prospective if the better half of the other types couldn't permeate it.

2: why magic did not effect undead
This I don't know. If there's logic to this someone with more familiarity with such topics as mythology could probably answer this more accurately than I can.
If you were trying to survive in the woods and didn't have a gun or a bow, what other implement might you use to shoot down a bird for your meal? How about a slingshot? What kind of projectile might you shoot from a slingshot? A stone, most likely. Also, have you ever heard the saying kill two birds with one stone?

Not sure on this one. However, despite the size and perceived insignificance of insects, they can do some pretty surprising things. Plus, any decision involving magic is somewhat arbitrary due to their being, ya know, no real world logic based precedent.

If you were evil, would that make you immune to poison?
Because the power of magic is objectively superior to the power of electricity.
Not sure. Again, perhaps a mythology based answer exists. More generally, too many immunities would create a seriously imbalanced gameplay experience.
and the final question: what atack sounds in manamon 1 that you like?
The soundscape whilst standing next to the cliffs on San Cott beach. The relaxing strings, ocean waves and seagulls make for a fantastic backdrop given what's going on plot wise at that stage of the game.

Official server host for vgstorm.com and developer of the Manamon 2 netplay server.
PSA: sending unsolicited PMs or emails to people you don't know asking them to buy you stuff is disrespectful. You'll just be ignored, so don't waste your time.

2020-05-24 05:30:58

When the original topic creator asks "why x can hurt y", I think he's generally asking "why is x super-effective against y?".

Short answer for almost all of them: because reasons.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1