2020-05-22 16:04:15

hey every one, as you all know we can compile bgt scripts as debug version and release version. can we do it in python using pyinstaller?
thankyou.

if you like this post, please thum it up!
if you like to see my projects, feel free to check out my github
if you want to contact me, you can do here by skype. or you can follow me on twitter: @bhanuponguru
discord: bhanu#7882

2020-05-22 16:14:58

Probably, but there's very little difference.  Python doesn't have a concept of release mode.  The only thing it changes that's noticeable is that assert statements are removed.

Most high-level languages don't have this concept because they don't need it.  I'm surprised that BGT does to be honest.

My Blog
Twitter: @ajhicks1992

2020-05-22 16:51:17

thanks for your reply.

if you want to contact me, you can do here by skype. or you can follow me on twitter: @bhanuponguru

2020-05-22 22:53:32

Isn't Pyinstaller already for that? You can build an exicutable file with that while packing up the needed libraries.

2020-05-22 23:44:20

Well if you wanted too you could compile two versions calling one debug and the other release, but it’s unnecessary because your compiling it for both uses either way.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2020-05-23 02:53:39

if you want to optimize your python code and remove the unneeded information (release mode), call

python -OO -m pyinstaller yourscript.py

otherwise your bytecode information (assert statements and so on) will be kept.

2020-05-23 07:12:25

thanks all