2020-05-22 15:30:04

Hi guys! I'm playing paladin of the sky and very very angry at a point in that game. Well, the point is a battle with Stella, when using a scrol called: "Final shot!" But it's rhythm change randomly, it's very hard to catch. I wish there is someone can help me with this damn Shot! haha! Ok! that's my problem, so i wish you have a good day. Thanks so much! And if there is a wrong grammar in this topic, please let me know, because i hope my English is being improve. Thanks again!

Notification from the shadow leader, status has been changed to...

2020-05-22 15:45:24

Ihave problem too. Shitty scroll. What i can learn this scroll no appear on last battle.

2020-05-22 16:00:52

YOU NEED TO KEEP traiing.

2020-05-22 16:14:00

Damn! Noooooo!

Notification from the shadow leader, status has been changed to...

2020-05-22 16:49:28

You can do it! It's not so hard if you concentrate and don't get angry. At first, I had problems with that part too, but you don't need to know the sequence of beeps to react to it.

2020-05-22 18:06:17

If you're the kind of person who keeps learning by trying, this scroll is a real disappointment.
All you have to do is to don't be tense at all and react to the beeps while htey go. There's no other trick other than simply listening and reacting and not following a sequence. Saddly this isn't the only one final shot scroll in the game... so be prepared.

"Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts. There are seven words that will make a person love you. There are ten words that will break a strong man's will. But a word is nothing but a painting of a fire. A name is the fire itself."

2020-05-22 19:38:20

@Octoross are you using a virtual machine, Wine, or anything else other than Windows running on bare metal?
If so, sorry to say but you'll have trouble, because those environments have too much audio latency.
Final Shot caps out at four beeps, so if you're getting to four or even three you've almost done it.
What is Ross's level, and how much HP and impact does he have?
Ideally, level 45+ with 500 HP or better should give you more than a fighting chance.

Official server host for vgstorm.com and developer of the Manamon 2 netplay server.
PSA: sending unsolicited PMs or emails to people you don't know asking them to buy you stuff is disrespectful. You'll just be ignored, so don't waste your time.

2020-05-22 19:48:45

razvitasca wrote:

Saddly this isn't the only one final shot scroll in the game... so be prepared.

Yes and no.
The Stella fight has Final Shot which changes every time you cast it, whether your cast succeeds or not.
Without spoiling, the other fight that uses a similar mechanic is different in a significant way. Yes the scroll is random, but it only changes when you hit it successfully. Not to mention, that boss hits significantly lighter than Stella does, so it should be significantly less of a threat for anyone other than the aforementioned VM or Wine users, who will have problems with any challenge involving reaction time and audio, since VMs add an extra layer of audio latency.

Official server host for vgstorm.com and developer of the Manamon 2 netplay server.
PSA: sending unsolicited PMs or emails to people you don't know asking them to buy you stuff is disrespectful. You'll just be ignored, so don't waste your time.

2020-05-22 20:01:42

@trajectory, thanks for letting me know! I never knew that detail, even if i beaten the game two times.

"Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts. There are seven words that will make a person love you. There are ten words that will break a strong man's will. But a word is nothing but a painting of a fire. A name is the fire itself."

2020-05-22 23:08:14

I haven't really noticed audio latency on my end, I have a windows vm... dunno if its me or what, but haven't noticed latency thus far.

sound designer for mental vision, and Eurofly3.
take a look at
My freesound pageWhere I post sounds I record. ps: if you use my sounds, remember to credit me smiley

2020-05-23 07:12:25

razvitasca wrote:

@trajectory, thanks for letting me know! I never knew that detail, even if i beaten the game two times.

Spoiler:
Yeah, the infected Crewelclaw fight is just a personification of the Dragonstrike walls you were breaking through in the infinite matrix. They are RNG, but they don't change once chosen.
The infected boss has Final Corruption spells starting at I believe four beeps and capping out at 8, but they only change when successfully hit. That combined with the fact he's only doing around 7 damage per round, he should be a lot easier than Stella.
The thing about VM latency is that it isn't enough to make the game feel laggy, but it is enough to make certain challenges like Final Shot much harder than they should be.
BGT uses the old Direct Sound APIs, which are pretty high latency. Windows audio is far behind the eight ball as compared to the unix-like world when it comes to audio latency. It's gotten better with the implementation of newer APIs such as WASAPI, but BGT does not have the means to capitalize on those improvements.