2020-05-22 00:12:03

hello evry one. i have a way to learn the basics of python, wich is what i am doing, but, i want the python alternative for bgt, the one named lucia. i want a textual tutorial for lucia once and for all. thanks for your help

I am a hunter named Grunt. I didn't realize that until now.

2020-05-22 02:19:58

Lucia documentation was going to be written, but that never happened.

Ivan M. Soto.
Feel free to check out my work and services.
http://ims-productions.com

2020-05-22 02:26:27

I thought it did? Wasn't there a way to generate the docs?

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2020-05-22 08:36:41

There are dox. just generate them.

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2020-05-22 08:54:47

How though. It said to type cd doc, but I don't know what folder I have to be in to do that because it didn't say, so it told me the path wasn't found when I did that.

TWITCH

2020-05-22 09:08:31

there (as post 1 in the lucia topic says) also documentation, that can be found here

If you like what I do, Feel free to check me out on GitHub, or follow me on Twitter

2020-05-22 09:20:45

I saw that documentation already, but here's where I'm having trouble.
1. I have no idea where Lucia was installed to, so I ended up having to download a copy and I saw everything where it was.
2. I read the readme.md file, and attempted to follow the directions.

readme.md wrote:

To generate Lucia's documentation, you first need to install pydoc-markdown
pip install pydoc-markdown

OK, I got that.

readme.md wrote:

after go into the "docs" folder:
cd docs

OK, I went into the folder.

readme.md wrote:

And run:
pydocmd build

cmd.exe wrote:

'pydocmd' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\lucia-master\docs>

I also tried pydocmd.yml build, and this happened.

cmd.exe wrote:

This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Apps Settings page.

So basically, I'm completely lost here. Also, does this only generate the readme I just read, or does it tell us how to use Lucia itself?

TWITCH

2020-05-22 09:41:30

That should work.
The only reason, I could give you to why it wouldn't is, if pydoc-markdown isn't on path when installed with pip (in your case).
But yes, it should generate the documentation similar to what's online (so how to you lucia).

If you like what I do, Feel free to check me out on GitHub, or follow me on Twitter

2020-05-22 09:44:14

Hmm. Maybe it didn't add to path. I guess that means I need to find the pydoc_markdown location and add it to my environment variables?

TWITCH

2020-05-22 10:10:57

Apparently you need to replace pydocmd with pydoc-markdown. I assume when the guide for building docs was written, we were using an older version of pydoc-markdown so the name of the exe file that was saved in the scripts folder was pydocmd. Either way, it's now pydoc-markdown so it'd look like this
pydoc-armkdown build

---
Co-founder of Sonorous Arts.
Check out Sonorous Arts on github: https://github.com/sonorous-arts/
my Discord: kianoosh.shakeri2#2988

2020-05-22 20:16:31

I'd suggest looking up how to set up GitHub pages, generating the docs, and pushing them to there. It should only take someone an hour at most.

My Blog
Twitter: @ajhicks1992

2020-05-22 22:03:00

hello evry one. thanks for trying to help me, but, do i need to do all these things that make me stuck just for a tutorial on how to use lucia? if yes, then where di i find docs folder? sorry for beying rood but, this is teh first time i'm deeling with such case. i want to find the docks folder on the installed copy of lucia. thanks for helping me.

2020-05-23 08:32:41

See that's the thing @11, that's already a thing. The documentation has already been deployed with GitHub pages and can be found at https://luciasoftware.github.io/lucia

2020-05-23 16:36:38

hello. what i meen by documentation is the ways of  using the thing, not how to install it. thanks in advance

2020-05-24 08:20:33

ilyas booneehee, post 13 has exactly what you are looking for. There is the installation instruction along the interductaries. Next chapters are all about the api, AKA how to use it. If you're looking for a bgt-like documentation you're not in much luck. That one was mainly a whole programming tutorial, while lucia is not a specific language of its own. If you're looking for a python tutorial you should google it. Lucia's documentation goes as far as an api reference

---
Co-founder of Sonorous Arts.
Check out Sonorous Arts on github: https://github.com/sonorous-arts/
my Discord: kianoosh.shakeri2#2988

2020-05-24 20:08:43

yes kianoosh is true. bgt is a complete language tutorial so we get thing deep deep and deep!
but lucia is just python audio games framework. so you just get how to use. but developers please increase readability of it because it just says just like syntax but please provide examples for all classes.
if i am wrong, please correct me.

if you like this post, please thum it up!
if you like to see my projects, feel free to check out my github
if you want to contact me, you can do here by skype. or you can follow me on twitter: @bhanuponguru
discord: bhanu#7882

2020-05-26 15:22:18

hello evry one! how are you doing? thanks for your help. what i want to do is saving lucia tutorials in to txt files so anyone can read it even ofline. if it meets aprouval from the comunity, i will start doing that work. waiting for your coments! thanks!

2020-05-26 17:39:23

@17 that would be amazing. I would however wait a bit, because version 2.0 is currently being discussed, and I don't know how much the underlying api will change.

2020-05-26 17:54:24

yeah that would be fantastic

2020-05-27 18:49:51

hello evry one. @18
please, when lucia 2 gets released, please inform me about this in this poste. thanks for helping