2020-05-20 17:45:06 (edited by Rich_Beardsley 2020-05-20 18:12:21)

Hi.
Given the growing popularity of Discord in the audio gaming community, I got this idea.
How would people like to have one central topic to discuss all things Discord? This can be anything from asking how to operate the program to bots. By doing this, it is my hope to reduce the number of Discord topics and condense all discussions of the platform into one place.
Do people like this idea? Would the mods be willing to sticky this topic if enough people would like it?
Edit, If you are new to using Discord, I recommend you read Changeling's Guide to Discord for Screen Reader Users

2020-05-20 17:49:54

Hmm. Not a terrible idea.

I have a website now.
"C: God's Programming Language
C++: The object-oriented programming language of a pagan deity" -- The Red Book
"There, but for the grace of God go I"

2020-05-20 23:55:41

Cool but you should consider posting more links in your op, like some guides on how to make a server, how to manage it, any guides on making bots, and so on. Also, some kind of server list might be good.

If life gives you communism, become a communist dictator.

2020-05-21 00:37:22

Does Discord support stereo audio?

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2020-05-21 00:38:48

Well, the one server I go on, the people who run it are kind of strict about giving it out to people, because they've had some problems. And as for server administration, I don't know how to do it, and I haven't found any guides. I did not write this guide, but it is the guide I refer people to who are starting out with using Discord

2020-05-21 01:30:06

Sorry for the double post, but @chris, unfortunately no it doesn't

2020-05-21 11:13:10

Correction, Chris, Discord supports stereo audio when streaming one  application at a time, but when sharing your entire screen or using a microphone normally without streaming, it's mono. I hope that clears it up.

2020-05-21 14:47:51

How do you stream applications in Discord? Does this mean you can send the audio from an application through and it will be in stereo? I don't much care if my microphone is in stereo. I don't like stereo microphones anyway.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2020-05-21 15:30:23

I don't know about streaming applications. I do know that there are different bots that can play audio, but not sure about anything else

2020-05-22 04:45:02

@Chris. Navigate by button. You should here something like stream or go live button.

If you found this post helpful, amusing or funny, please thumb it up!
To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

2020-05-22 14:27:27

It's a bit more complicated than that. Basically you first have to add the app as a certified game if you are planning on streaming it more than once. Go to user settings/game activity to do that. Once you have added the game, it should be recognized when it is run, and under your user  you can see a button that says stream application name button. The streams only go through if the other people on the channel choose to listen to them, it is not forced. That's another thing to keep in mind.

2020-05-22 17:57:34

So, back to the original question. Do people like the idea of one main Discord discussion topic? If this is the case would the mods be willing to sticky it so it's easy for people to find?

2020-05-27 05:27:45

Hi guys.
How do I manage roles?
A personal friend of mine has asked me to help set up their server, and I'm trying to put up a music bot, which has joined the srv, but I can't get it on the channel and the join command I'm sending to it won't work. On the bot's FAQ page, it tells you that you can make a specific roll that will make it join a specific channel, but I can't figure out how to access the screen to do it.
Any help is appreciated

2020-05-27 06:18:16

@13. server settings > roles > click on the roles button at the top.

To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

2020-06-14 17:21:10 (edited by Rich_Beardsley 2020-06-14 18:30:30)

Hi.
So I've been slowly figuring out Discord, and I made my server. There's not much, but you can join it if you want somewhere to hang out.
You can either connect through the link on blindieconnect, or the link at the bottom of the post.
Now, the link
https://discord.gg/KhRrnp

2020-06-14 18:37:48

Sorry for double post, but there is now a poll at the beginning of this topic

2020-06-19 07:22:06

Hi.
So I sent my Discord invite at yet another place, and someone who clicked it said it was invalid. Can anyone else please verify whether or not this is the case for the link I posted here?

2020-06-19 08:32:28

@13, there are prefix's for bots in order to activate them. use the prefix and then command, most of them have a default prefix which is exclamation mark, if you have more than one bot,  you might want to change the prefix's

allow me to speak more,
catch me on Twitter
or, Mastodon

2020-06-19 14:17:53

@17. yup. When you go to create an invite. Make sure to edit so that it never expires.

discord wrote:

Invite Invalid
This invite may be expired, or you might not have permission to join.

2020-06-19 21:50:58

Hi!
I can't seem to get on with Discord on my phone, not sure why - the interface really frustrates me and the Voiceover cursor jumps a lot. Does anyone know if there's an accessible client/webclient for Mac?

2020-06-19 23:13:53

There's a web client that works on all devices, and I would assume they're making it more accessible on the Mac.
Also wanted to say that the poll results are looking good. You have just under a month to vote, so if you haven't voted yet, please do. Mods, if I should cancel the polls and you would prefer not to sticky this post, please let me know

2020-06-25 17:05:07

Oooh I'll have a look at that - I haven't used the web client yet but it's worth a shot! Thanks smile

2020-07-31 23:53:01

Hello everyone.
The link to my Discord in my signature should be updated to one that will never expire. If it is still expired, please let me know and I'll go in and make another link that won't expire

2020-08-08 22:39:02

Hi guys.
My Discord is set to start whenever my PC boots up, and I have a problem.
When the app tries to start itself, I get some kind of JS error, but when I run it from the desktop shortcut, it opens.
I'm using Canary