2020-04-30 08:17:05

Hi Amerikranian, I'm happy you included my examples. If I succeed I will send other contributions.

2020-05-18 18:26:24

friends i made an exe file of 3dpakcfile example provided in lucia and pasted accessible output2 and sound lib and sounds folder which contains pack. so also it throw this error
Traceback (most recent call last):                                                                                     
  File "bass_example.py", line 11, in <module>                                                                         
    File "site-packages\lucia\packfile.py", line 87, in load                                                             
    FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Users\\bhanu\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\_MEI142762\\sound/sound.pak'                                                                                                                   

pleae help me. i dont understand why

if you like this post, please thum it up!
if you like to see my projects, feel free to check out my github
if you want to contact me, you can do here by skype. or you can follow me on twitter: @bhanuponguru
discord: bhanu#7882

2020-05-18 19:18:43

probably didn't past the sounds.pak file allong with it did you?

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2020-05-19 05:37:18

yes i pasted sounds.pack file too

if you want to contact me, you can do here by skype. or you can follow me on twitter: @bhanuponguru

2020-05-21 14:55:51

friends can any one say me why is it not working still i paste sounds.pak file? please this is my request

2020-05-21 17:44:14

@bhanuponguru, I think people can't help you until you write the code you used to build it. Please copy it and people can try.

2020-05-22 00:31:38

@255 do you have something similar to this?
sounds_pack = lucia.ResourceFile("some_sounds_key_goes_here")
sounds_pack.load("pack_name.extention")
lucia.set_global_resource_file(sounds_pack)
HTH

2020-05-22 08:29:44

yes. ^256 i am just using 3dpackfile example that is given in lucia examples. thankyou

2020-05-22 08:35:54

friends and also i use the following pyinstaller command
pyinstaller base_example.py --onefile --windowed
and i pasted all the accessible_output2 and sound_lib folder and i pasted sound.pak also. i am getting this error still. it looks like exe file is thinking the pack file is extracted to the temp file.
how to prevent this
thanks in advance
all i need to do is how to prevent pyinstaller to prevent that

2020-05-22 08:39:11

and i forgot to tell. i removed --windowed flag. then it opens in cmd promppt and shows no such file or directory C:\Users\bhanu\AppData\Local\Temp\myxxxxxxxxxxxxx\sounds.pak for example.

2020-05-22 09:11:52

hi.
It is indeed because it thinks that the pack file should be in the temp folder, one way to fix this, is to make PyInstaller package the .pak file together with your code. You can find more about there here.
PS: This is expected behavior.

If you like what I do, Feel free to check me out on GitHub, or follow me on Twitter

2020-05-22 09:24:05

and friends can i use --add-binary or --add-data. i mean pack file is binary or data?

2020-05-22 09:42:14

Data files

If you like what I do, Feel free to check me out on GitHub, or follow me on Twitter

2020-05-22 10:59:11

thankyou it works

2020-05-22 13:06:14

friends i have a question for you.
after we compile exe files of lucia game with pyinstaller as i know in order to game work, we should copy sound_lib and accessible_output2 folders. it works for me, but is there any way to add it in exe file it self? so portability of my game increases?  i tried adding using --add-data but didn't work.
please help me.
thanks in advance

2020-05-22 14:13:02

@265 you can write hooks for pyinstaller, or instead, use --onedir mode.

2020-05-22 14:49:21

if i use onedir mode have chances of reviel of my source ode of my game. so is there a way  to do that in onefile?

2020-05-27 18:51:05

hi guys is there anything that explanes how to use lucia? i'm a new python lirnner, I lirned everything to get me started and now I nead to practis, by that I mean scream in pane because I smash my head, anyway, I installed lucia but have no idea how to use it, function names, etc

2020-05-27 19:09:27

https://github.com/Amerikranian/Lucia-examples

2020-05-27 19:37:02

thanks!

2020-05-28 08:30:47

if you download github repository you will get documentation with it

2020-06-07 18:38:13

Two small questions maybe i've asked one of this.
1. Why after typing lucia.quit() and sys.exit(0) when i want to close my app, the process does not terminate?
2. WHen i'm packing y audio files into a one file with lucia.ResourceFile and so on, and using lucia.ui.menu.Menu(args) thesounds are not playing when i'm going through the menu?

2020-06-08 02:06:02

1. It should. We will need to see more code to diagnose your issue.
2. Have you set the global pack file? The function is called set_global_resource_file.

2020-06-08 10:13:09

After choosing an exit option from the menu,
menu = lucia.ui.menu.Menu(args) #blablabla in the constructor
menu.add_item_tts("exit", "quit")
resp = menu.run("Choose an option")
if resp == "quit":
  lucia.quit()
  sys.exit()
process stays running.

And for last question, yep. I set
r = lucia.ResourceFile(pass, header, version) #as required in my opinion, but does not work without header and version too
r.load("blablabla.ext")

lucia.set_global_resource_file(r)
and then
p = lucia.AudioBackend.SoundPool() #as i remember
Playing a sounds probably works, but not in menu.

2020-06-12 14:33:43

hello all. @opp. i figured out that lucia2.0 has been released, and i will start the prossess described in my topic. thanks

I am a hunter named Grunt. I didn't realize that until now.