2020-05-18 11:39:50

Hi,
I will fix this bug, I believe I know why its happening.
Also, at 100, I don't know. To be honest, it's not even being flagged on my side of things.

-----
YouTube
GitHub
Discord: @tunmi13#1880

2020-05-18 15:56:08

no, its because of what its coded in i beleave. More and more anti-viruses aren't picking up these false positives, however you will have to make an exclusion in whatever anti-virus you fancy using

2020-05-19 03:12:06

@100: No. This game is coded in BGT, and BGT games tend to be detected as false positives. There is absolutely nothing the developer of this game can do, short of completely rewriting the game in another language, which would be a massive undertaking.

2020-05-19 10:20:45

@tunmi13, I am liking the sound of the 1.2 changes and look forward to seeing the releasee, in particular, those ammo options will change the game up a bit I think, since at the moment the revolve is too destructive.
Also I like the idea of being able to build renewable resources with what we gather in the wild, and maybe later buildings too.
One idea to solve the difficulty problem, might be to either increase animal spawn rate, or have players choose to venture into different areas with different levels of challenge or to get more items.
I don't mean extra exits on the map or the like, I just mean when you begin the game you can decide which area to play in, for example, maybe there could be a swamp map with higher animal spawn rate (plus maybe nastier animals like alligators and snakes), but which has herbs to gather needed for healing items.
Or perhaps there could be a planes map, with more lions and grass but less wood, or maybe a rainforest map with lots of wood, and fewer animals, but you get thirstier quicker.

Either way, looking forard t
I still seem to have 1.1 at the moment, so I take it 1.2 is in the pipe line, but keep it going, this game is still great and has awesome potential.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-05-20 12:29:29

so can I just mention about all these sounds? The walking sounds, the crossbow sound, where did they come from?

2020-05-20 13:17:24

The walking sounds came from my library. The crossbow sounds came from a zipped archive of weapons that a friend of mine gave me.

-----
YouTube
GitHub

2020-05-21 00:41:15

and which friend gave you that archive?

2020-05-21 04:23:37

I do not feel comfortable with where this topic is going Rory. I gave you the answer I had, but it seems like you're really trying to take it to another level. I do not need to mention who gave me the sounds. They probably do not want to be mentioned anyways, so i can't just go tossing their names around. Go take your detective behavior somewhere else, please and thank you.

-----
YouTube
GitHub

2020-05-21 04:29:22

Ok, this concept is really cool and I quite like where you are going as a developer, keep it up. I wonder though am I the only one who has issues fighting the animals? They just seem to take a lot of your health without you being able to defend in any consistent way.
Either way thanks for a fun game.

2020-05-21 08:51:26

@108 i agree, he's almost acting like he, like, made all the sounds for this game and no credit was given. And last time i  checked he didn' really do anything of editing, or make games with sounds to begin with, hmm. and @109 you can see where they are with a, and you can try to move away while ligning up shots, if its x is the same it just walks straight towards you on the y. the only issue is that they do walk in constant straight ligns towards you, so they are predictable, but i like that sens eyou can predict where something is going to go by  that. You can lign up shots and just go, rat tat tat with the revolver or the silent little bow, or go slicey dicey with your sword, you get where i'm going here.

2020-05-21 13:33:13

hello, when the version 1.2 of this game release?

2020-05-21 17:31:41

So you assume just because I did not mention who the individuals that gave me the sounds were, means that I simply stole the sounds?
That is rather irrational of you. This is simply asking for drama. The people that gave me the sounds know that Ii am using them. Some of them were my private testers. And remember,  there is a credits.txt file in the game that explains where I got most of the sounds from. There is no need to get all investigational about where I got the sounds, because I put the credits.txt file in there that explains where I got 99 percent of my sounds from.

-----
YouTube
GitHub

2020-05-21 21:13:00

at107
please tell us the credits of all sounds that you used in your projects?

2020-05-22 01:51:43

This is a great game. Slightly confused about something though. I thought that you were able to put the fire wherever you wanted, but it's made in the craft shop. Is this a plan for a future version? Also looking forward to arrows and bullets running out eventually. Might you b able to add pain sounds for the animals at some point? sometimes I can't tell if I've hit them or not if I'm using the bow. Maybe I'm missing something? Keep up the great work.

2020-05-22 04:01:02

This is the plan for a future verison.

-----
YouTube
GitHub

2020-05-22 13:19:13

ok, well, in the project I'm working on, they are all either designed by our sound designers and audio engineers, or taken from free packs such as defender's collection.
And this is one of the reasons why I don't release projects that often with sounds in them, because of the massive contraversy out of where I got them from. I'm a little susspicious about that crossbow sound though. I think I heard it in a game, but cannot remember what.
Drama was not my intention.

2020-05-22 13:46:47

at116
because x used that sound, it means hes who made it?

2020-05-22 16:44:00

But why bother to ask about it now? You do realize it was in RagePillow as well, right?

-----
YouTube
GitHub

2020-05-22 17:12:22

omgomgomgomgomg guys! stw had footstep sounds... from... swamp... oh no wait, they're from sfx kit, because that's where a lot of audio games get there sounds from. And don't even get me started on the menu music, it has... orchestral... pack... in it... such horrible terrible crimes! purge it! purge it now! No, I don't care that there's a pretty good chance that those sounds were acquired legally and no I don't care that 99% of the audio games produced these days have similar sounds flush the whole thing down the toilet now now now!

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2020-05-22 17:35:50

@drama creater rory-, i'm 10000% sure you say that just to create some drama and make peaple think you big while you're smaller than a kid's dik, anyway, 50% of those sounds are used  in rage pillo and you didint sed something there... hmm...

2020-05-23 00:23:51

you know what @120? I'm sick of it.

2020-05-23 02:07:29

Guys, not the place. Take your bantering somewhere else please. Thanks. smile

-----
YouTube
GitHub

2020-05-23 03:13:03

Moderation:
Meatbag, go ahead and consider this an official warning. Stop with the personal attacks. I'm not kidding.
Look. Rory has done some stuff that is...well, let's just say it hasn't put him in the best light. I think a lot of people can agree with that. But continuing to badger him is counterproductive. Cut it out.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2020-05-23 03:15:05

I think that most of the crafting shop stuff should cost a lot more resources than it does maybe klike, 10 times as much. As it is you can play for like 5 minutes grabbing items and make almost everything there is to make which makes the long term feeling of the shop kind of sad. Some other items ideas:
Skinning knife: costs 8 metal. If you can make animals generate corpses on death you can make it so that you can skin the animals to get hides which will let you make:
Hide Armor: Stitch together several hides to make a piece of hide armor that will absorb some amount of damage from an animal attack. It wouldn't be complete protection from the attack. After the armor takes too much damage it is destroyed so you have to make more.
Skinning knives have a chance to break each time you attempt to skin an animal.
Trap: Since the animals move in a very predictable way, you could craft traps on a square using some rope, which could be made by combining 15-20 grass into a rope, and some wood for a sort of stake, and maybe metal for a blade if you want it to do dmg. At least it could pin the animal in place for a few seconds maybe?
Arrows: Your bow seems to have unlimited ammunition right now so it is obvious that we need to be able to make arrows. If you were to use the arrows on a fire, it could make fire arrows, that do less damage but cause some residual damage over time effect on animals it hits.
Shovel: costs 12 metal. Use this to dig for rocks during downtimes. You can throw rocks at animals to do some damage to them

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2020-05-23 04:01:40

120, that was way out of line and you should be ashamed to say those things. I expected more of you, and I still do.

Tunmi, I cant wait doe the day when I can play this. 13 second sigh

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here