2020-05-18 23:07:41

Yeah, I can't imagine actually completing a full game without autofire now.  I'm on a real ps1/2 era kick lately.  recently got hold of a copy of soul blade for cheap and ripped it to play properly.  I'm so sorry I missed this game growing up.  Still waiting for a soulcalibur collection...  Unfortunately, OCR doesn't work well with the main menu and it goes away super quick!  so I'm not sure what all the options are yet.

2020-05-19 00:05:24 (edited by KenshiraTheTrinity 2020-05-19 00:39:16)

On the main menu for soul blade, the options in the main menu are as follows:

Arcade. Versus ). Team battle mode. Time attack mode. Survival mode. Practice. Edge master mode. Weapon room (this is unlocked later on). Options.

At any time you can press select plus start to return to the title screen. Helpful if you accidentally go into versus. Let me know if there's anything else. That screen doesnt stay up very long it's TRUE. There is a very detailed guide for the edge master mode on gamefaqs that describes the scenario for each character and all win conditions.

I also wish I'd have known about this sooner, but I was still rockin a nes when this came out and had only gotten a snes with donkey kong and mk2 to play. Running this off of my psp go, but if namco ever rereleased this, I'll pick it up for sure.

2020-05-19 00:35:56

Thank you so much, I wasn't expecting that at all.  smile
one of the movelists on gamefaqs has the critical edge commands as well, which will be useful in edgemaster mode.  Also love that there are three music soundtracks to pick from.  It's beautiful.  Is there any way to turn down the volume?  the option screens aren't amazingly clear, but at least I can raise and lower difficulty.

2020-05-19 00:52:16

Unfortunately no way to adjust music volume. I do find that it is less of an issue if the sound is set to stereo. Maybe test each soundtrack and pick the quietest one. I am partial towards the original myself.

While you're in options, you might check to see that auto save is turned on, cant remember if it's off by default.

2020-05-19 01:04:21

it's definitely not turned on, I think the same is true for tekken 3 as well.  will check later.  I am so terrible at those games right now.  I have both 2 and 3, and 2 especially feels super clunky; though that might be due to me not being used to things. 
Back on psp, Did you ever get the menus for lord of the rings tactics?  if not, I will put them in here tomorrow. smile

2020-05-19 01:15:17

No, if you could do that it would be great!

2020-05-19 09:37:42

@KenshiraTheTrinity oh come on. You have a PSP GO. I want that. I still like my 3000, though. I have some menu guide thingies for mlb08 so Ill put them up here once I find them.

"Hello Jerry."
"Hello Newman."

2020-05-20 11:36:50

anyone know why the auto fire mode doesn't work in metal slug 6? I turn the auto fire mode on but when I play metal slug 6 I still need to constantly press the fire button to shoot. but in other games the auto fire mode works.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2020-05-20 12:09:43

Interesting how people can beat Muramasa as it is non-linear game with huuuge, very huge world and lots of platforming etc.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2020-05-20 14:15:27

If people feel like Odinsphere and Muramasa have been misplaced on the playable vita games list, I can relocate them to the section of games that require patience. I need to update that list anyway as new games worth considering have come out that need to be added.

Last night I played a ton of I am the hero. Was playing in bed though so wasn't able to read the story, but I got pretty far. I will say that one of the most annoying things are the flying creatures that take a ton of air hits to beat. Also there is this auto scrolling section later on that sounds like you're underground that has an instant kill if you aren't careful, but I was able to get past that ok. I recommend recruiting another character to help you along the way. You can switch with the select button.

As for the auto fire not working in metal slug 6, I think it may only apply to 1 through 5, but not sure. Metal slug 6 may have it's own set of options similar to how samurai shodown 6 did in the collection with it being on different hardware.

2020-05-20 14:36:46

I want to get into a bit of DBZ or final fantasy on retro arch.
I've watch the accessibility video and the gameplay, but I can't seem to get menus read out.
Also Burnout legends is kinda playable, I can do the road-rages and the pursuits.

Though our eyes may fail, our ears prevail!
User Karma, every little helps

2020-05-20 14:59:20

Dragon ball z shin budokai is completely playable, and even without a way to read the screen, there is a full story guide with all written dialogues on gamefaqs. I can try to get the menu options and put them here later on. I cant recommend dbz shin budokai 2 or tenkaichi tag team though, since both of those games require you to move freely around a map and tracking targets is near impossible.

2020-05-20 19:30:54

Just curious, how do you turn on autofire and unlimited continues in Metal Slug 1 through five. Also is there a way to put the sound in stereo? Because honestly I have know idea where the enemies are. Thanks for reading and sorry for all of the questions.

2020-05-20 19:42:14 (edited by KenshiraTheTrinity 2020-05-20 19:48:56)

Autofire should be in the controls. Unlimited continue should be in the game options. Even on the original neo geo hardware on which these games were released, nothing except the music was in stereo. The neo geo had poor stereo panning capability when compared to capcom's cps1 and cps2 arcade, which could render sound in every stereo position, whereas neo geo could apparently only do center, far left, and far right.

2020-05-21 08:20:36

to turn on auto fire, at the game selection screen press left twice and press X to enter the options screen. then you'll be given a few choices, which are controls, display, audio and profile. press X to go to controls, then press up to highlight the auto fire option. press right to turn it on, then press start to save your settings.
if you are starting the game for the first time and you haven't changed any settings yet, you'll be thrown to the PSP save screen. choose the memmory slot if any, then press X twice to save your profile.
to enable unlimited continues, at the options menu go up twice then go down once and press right to enable unlimited continue. to change the difficulty, press up once and press either left or right arrow. there are 3 difficulty settings, which are easy, normal, and hard. to change the difficulty to easy, prest left. once done, press start to save your profile and select the memmory slot and press X twice to save.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2020-05-21 23:50:41

Sorry for the delay, my internet was out a while.  anyway, the LOTR tactics menus:

main menu:
Tutorial
New Game
Load Game
Delete Save Data
Multiplayer
Credit
When you click new game, you'll be given the choice of fellowship, or host of Mordor.  You start on Fellowship and right for Mordor.  You'll know which one you pick by the sound made.
You are then given a difficulty screen left to right. 
You always start in the hero overview.  for Fellowship, it's aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, Gandalf, Sam and Frodo.  Same as Return of the king for PS2, oddly enough.  Press X to get to the mission screen. 
I'd highly recommend grinding the first mission for gold and experience to make your life easier.  This won't work straight away, but go south on the grid twice, west once with all three characters, then attack the witch king, who can be targetted by pressing L twice usually.  This will after a couple goes be a one turn win. 
When on the character overview, press R to go to that specific chars inventory, twice for skill shop, three for item shop and four for options menu. 
The options are as follows:
MOVIES
RADAR
SUBTITLES
MUSIC VOLUme
Sound volume
Save.
Let me know what else you need.  I'll get the evil character side asap, but I know you start on Sauron, then witch king, then I believe gothmog, lurtz, saruman and finally Grima.  I could be slightly off on that though.

2020-05-22 00:06:40 (edited by KenshiraTheTrinity 2020-05-22 00:29:55)

Ah, thanks for that. Itll prove handy for sure.

Question: do the items in the shop stay constant or are they always changing? I am guessing skill shop items banish after you purchase them, but what about consumables?

2020-06-22 08:07:05

Sorry for bringing back old topic guys. I just wonder if anyone have any luck or know how to effective use nvda ocr on any psp emulators? I'd love to get back into some of them and hope I can enjoy it more.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2020-08-25 14:57:07

hello
does anyone tried any of dragon ball games for the psp?

let's rock!

2020-08-25 19:55:14

Yes, dbz shin budokai and dragon ball evolution are both fully playable and use the same fighting style. Dbz shin budokai another road isn't as playable because the story requires you to fly around chasing targets and the same is true for tenkaichi tag team. None of these games are available on psn.

2020-08-25 20:08:04

hello
@45, ok, thanks
have you tried this games? does it have the voice in menus? in mean the characters comments?

let's rock!

2020-08-25 21:49:44

I have tried them all. They do not have menu voices. Dbz shin budokai has a complete story dialog written up on gamefaqs somewhere, and you can just as well use retroarch or ocr for dragon ball evolution. The other games have more story voiced, but again, not playable.