2020-01-24 22:16:14

Yep, that was it. Head, meet desk.
Thanks!

Prier practice and preparation prevents piss poor performance!

2020-01-28 10:46:06

I'm wondering if anyone else has gotten to magamancers and dimmentional generators? I've been noticing accessibility kind of breaking, and I'm really not sure what I'm supposed to be doing.

2020-01-28 17:26:38

Yup, my farthest raids scratched the surface of that stuff.
The DG seems to be accessible enough with a little tweaking. I could do most things including buy levels and upgrades.
In preticular, I think there is a way to show a description for an upgrade by clicking on that. Try that.

2020-04-21 02:31:23 (edited by The Imaginatrix 2020-04-21 02:32:09)

I've beaten my first Spire, and unlocked the Player Spire Tower Defense game, but it has its own accessibility issues. I think those could be resolved though, it's just that I'm probably missing something I could suggest to fix it.

For those wanting to help with Accessibility, and getting more timely general gameplay help for that matter, I highly recommend joining the Trimps Discord. The link is in the "Trimps Info" popup you can open from the Stats Screen.

2020-04-21 17:54:12

I did have a discussion via email with green satellite about that, though I've not got there yet myself, and likely by the time I do it'll probably be fixed, big_smile.

I don't have discord working at the moment, but let me know any thoughts.

Btw, any plans to add more headings to other screens in the game, EG for maps in the map chamber, or to make navigating the challenges screen a bit smoother?

A fix for autojob might be nice too.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-04-21 18:11:20

hi
well the player spire has remained inaccessible for months. I really do hope it gets fixed because right now its unusable.

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2020-05-21 18:10:18

Once you unlock void maps, where do you go to run them?  Sorry if this has been asked before

2020-05-21 19:09:32

When you have a void map, a tab shows up in the maps screen you can click on to run them.

2020-05-21 20:19:40 (edited by Crimso 2020-05-21 20:26:42)

Ah I think I figured it out.  I thought I had them unlocked but all i had unlocked was the bonus map settings.  Thanks for the help!

2020-05-22 02:19:41

Not a problem. YOu should unlock void maps I think either when you get your first one, or once you reach z40 for the first time. Can't remember which.

2020-05-22 06:50:52

hi.

I've noticed that when I play trimps, the accessibility seams to jump all over the place, I press b for button and it jumps me around.

I don't have the best computer in the world, 4 gigs of ram and a 500 gig hard drive.

I've canged some settings now and i think there's a little improvement.

I'm gone for real :)

2020-05-22 06:56:29

Hi, that's Google chrome and NVDA acting up. It's not necessarily trimps, but yeah for some reason trimps makes it worse. I think it has to do with the dynamic nature of the page, because trimps updates its interface elements many times per second, so NVDA gets confused sometimes.

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2020-05-22 07:11:04

Hi.

@ogomez92, I'm using firefox but yeah, I'm sure you're right.

I decided to stop playing, I think it's my computer too. The video I was listening to kept stopping when I played the game so I had to stop.

I'm gone for real :)

2020-05-23 19:51:38

Huh, that's weird.
I have Google Chrome and NVDA and everything works quite well, but I probably use the heading keys for than the buttons to move around. Try that instead.
Only problem is that Chrome gobbles up memory like a hoard of starving turkeys big_smile

2020-05-24 04:24:58

I just really wish the accessibility past zone 230 ish for the dimmentional generator, and the spire minigames would be fixed.

2020-09-26 08:35:00 (edited by blaze 2020-09-26 08:44:22)

Hi,
I've been a trimps player for a little over a year now, just got back into it a few months ago and have managed to over double my HZE since returning to it. Hey it's a fantastic game, what can I say. I decided to contribute to this topic to offer some help with the player spire mechanic. Believe it or not, it is actually usable if you're willing to work around the horrible UI quality. I don't believe the player spire is immediately critical, but later on the bonuses get quite good so it's important to learn your way around the UI at some point. So here goes. The UI consists entirely of clickables, so let's start at the top and arrow our way through. Before we get started, be sure to maximize the window of your browser. For whatever reason
at least with NVDA, things aren't picked up properly if the window isn't big enough. Ok, let's get started.
The first thing that will appear past the table that's always at the bottom of the screen is the spire itself. The player starts off with one floor consisting of five cells, and you're able to unlock more by completing objectives which we'll get to. Each square is recognized by NVDA as a clickable space. As you arrow down, your cursor starts at the top left and moves to the right until the sixth clickable, at which point it jumps down to the second row of squares if there is one, starting at the left most square in that row and moving to the right, and so on. As you unlock floors, they'll appear at the top as five new squares and will thus be the first ones you arrow down past. Here's the confusing part. Much like the world, enemies actually enter your spire from the bottom left, travel to the right, and ascend to the next floor when they reach the right side, something we can't accurately represent with a screen reader since our cursor starts at the top left or the bottom right depending on whether you're scrolling up or down. As you place traps and towers in your spire, you'll have to get good at making this flip in your mind, as the placement of things is very important to maximize damage. Just imagine a grid of 5 squares across by however many floors you have, and visualize the path enemies take as they start from the bottom left corner, travel to the right most column, ascend to the next floor and appear on the left side again.  You may also notice numbers appearing in different places. These are enemies traveling on the grid, and the numbers are each enemy's health. You can try to follow them to get a feel for how they move and are damaged, but honestly it's not all that helpful because of the way screen readers work.
Directly beneath the spire grid is the tutorial text that guides you through building the first 10 or so floors of your spire. Beneath this are some numbers that I haven't figured out the meaning of yet. I just know they're very annoying and have a tendency to trap my cursor, so just hammer the arrow fast or press control end or something to get past it. Next are your stats like runestones, spirestones etc. Then we have a bunch of buttons, all of which are self-explanatory or explained in the Wiki, which you should really be reading if you're not already. And now we have perhaps the most important section, the one with which we select the implements of destruction to place in our spire. Each button is a toggle kind of like a radio button. Press the button, then press a square on the grid to place a trap or tower. No need to press it each time, it will remain selected until you select another type. If you select a square with something already on it, and you have a different type selected than what's on that square, the two will be swapped. This is really handy, and basically makes the sell button pointless. And finally we have the unlabeled close button with a handy separator by it, though of course you can always press escape to close the spire window.
Now for some tips. First off, since obviously the grid doesn't indicate at all what is placed on it, you should create a model somewhere else to remind yourself what is placed where. This can be a spreadsheet, a piece of gridded braille paper, pipe cleaners and tape, whatever you want it to be as long is it's representative to you. Come up with symbols to represent each type of thing you have placed, and make a key so you don't forget them. Me? I chose the good old plain ascii text file, which I will paste below as an example.

f=frost
i=fire
s=strength
l=lightning
k=knowledge
p=poison
c=condenser

i i f i i
s i i f i
f i i i f
I'm still fairly early on so it's missing a lot of the later types but you get the idea. Also, I recommend pausing the spire while making any modifications to avoid any frustrations as enemies move and bump your cursor around, as you're going to have to do a lot of counting and arrowing especially as your spire gets bigger. Remember the sell all button as well, if the spire doesn't seem to match your model you can press it and start over with no consequences. Hope this helps, and I'll consider poking the dev on discord and showing him the amount of work I had to do to make this playable so perhaps it might be fixed.

2020-09-26 09:14:04

ware can i get this game?

Bach is an astronomer, discovering the most marvelous stars. Beethoven challenges the universe. I only try to express the soul and the heart of man."
― Frederic Chopin.

2020-09-26 19:25:11

You play is with an internet browser

Who am I? Simply me!