2020-05-19 22:18:51

Hi, folks,

The subject says it all, really. For whatever reason, the control+C and control+V keystrokes don't seem to work with Dropbox anymore. I've been adroit ad tumping things between folders and stuff before now, but apparently now it's not working, and I don't know why.

I've recently upgraded to Pro, or rather, the free trial for 30 days, and I have 2TB of space, so that's not a concern. I have my laptop linked - and that's what I'm writing on now - plus my iPhone 6+. The issue I'm reporting is happening with my laptop. I'm not concerned about the phone. It's only cropped up in the last couple of weeks. I had no issue with it before.

Can anybody help?

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2020-05-19 22:58:10

hi, I dont really know a reason but
maybe you did paused/stopped syncing ?

2020-05-19 23:05:55

If I add something on my phone - I've done some recordings there - it syncs perfectly well, so no, I'm not sure.

2020-05-20 00:55:38

Are you using the DB app itself or are you having it open in file explorer?

If you wish to contact me privately, you can do so in the following ways.
Telegram, Rich_Beardsley. Discord, RichBeardsley. Facebook, Rich W. Beardsley
Twitter, RichBeardsley. Email, [email protected]. Both iMessages and emails are welcome.
Battle tag, Rich#12744. You can also add me through my email address.

2020-05-20 01:46:03

When on my laptop, I have a link on my desktop that opens it in file explorer. Although, that changed a bit a few months ago. It doesn't operate the same as it used to. You can't use first-key navigation in quite the same way. So I'm not sure what that is. What I know is, we're not talking about the website.

2020-05-20 01:50:38

A similar thing happened to my partner recently. He fixed it by signing out of his Dropbox account, exiting the program, then relaunching it and signing back in. Hopefully that works for you as well.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2020-05-20 01:52:07

so, if you are not useing it throo a file explorer, go to this path with any file explorer, \c\users\username\dropbox\
paist anything you wish to upload or you can edit the content and it will sink it to your dropbox emeadiotly after

2020-05-20 02:37:49

Hi.

To open all folders and files in explorer, open the windows 10 dropbox app, tab to settings, press enter, tab to prpreferences then press enter, tab to open folders in: then press alt down arrow, arrow to the option you want press enter then tap to the ok button and press enter.

I'm gone for real :)

2020-05-20 05:31:30

Thank you. Your trick didn't work, but I extrapolated.

When I open Dropbox, no amount of tabbing gets me to settings, but there is an "open in file explorer" thing which does work quite nicely. It's an extra step, but after that it's flawless.
I'd love to make it do this by default, mind you. Still can't find settings.

2020-05-21 14:31:59

There is a go to settings button in the app, but it's really inconsistant. I was glad to be able to find it and set it to file explorer.

2020-05-21 18:21:51

Yeah, I also had trouble finding the go to settings button. This is just one of the reasons I prefer OneDrive over DB.

Ask, and you will receive.
Seek, and you will find.
Knock, And the door will be opened for you
Mat. 7:7

2020-05-21 18:23:48

To find settings consistently, use the system tray icon. Find Dropbox on your system tray and press enter on it, that will give you  a context menu. Settings is one option of that menu, and there you should be able to achieve what you want.

2020-05-21 23:10:51

Fuck! Yes!
It worked. Thank you very, very much for this.

2020-05-22 00:17:56

You are welcome anytime. This window that Dropbox created for viewing files can be useful, for example this is the only way I know to see when your dropbox is sincing what exactly is being downloaded. However, due to the company as always not caring all that much about making there new features accessible, it creates a lot of trouble for us, first letter navigation and copy pasting being two most important issues. An alternative to this approach  if viewing what is being downloaded is important to somebody is to have two desktop shortcuts. One default which you might want to rename to Dropbox file viewer or something, and then another which you manually create to the folder itself in file Explorer which you can also name Dropbox file explorer or something you will remember. To do that, you just open your user folder in file explorer, find the Dropbox folder, press the applications key, choose send to, and then in the submenu choose desktop, create shortcut. This will add an additional shortcut to your desktop, by default called Dropbox - shortcut. Of course, to rename it you just press f 2 on it. This way you can keep this setting on if you want to but also have a quick way to access your Dropbox from the file explorer window we all like.