2020-05-20 16:58:00

Hello everyone. I'm looking to sign up for a prepaid service. I'm looking for something in the $20 range or so. I'm not looking for something like $40 for unlimited or whatever. I'm fine with 3 gb of data or so but can work with 2. I found this app called sweet and it said it could get me a plan for $15 a month with unlimited everything including data. I don't mind if it's like 1 mbps or whatever. I mainly use my phone for streaming radio and accessing gps apps while out and about and  store  music locally when need be so that also saves data for me. I'm on wifi a lot so that is why I want to move away from unlimited data. I pay $100 on tmobile right now but that is for my iPhone 11, taxes and the plan. The plan is $60 and the phone is $31 then the rest is taxes. So as you can see, $60 for phone service is getting old quick. Especially when I have only used 500 mb or so every month for the past 6 months or so. So what do you all use? I'll keep you all posted on this adventure. I may end up bouncing around a few carriers if this sweet service does not work out.
Thank you

2020-05-20 19:25:30

I would suggest you try ringing up T-Mobile to see what options they may have to lower your bill. Also, check that your phone is unlocked, and confirm that you are not under any sort of contract locking you to T-Mobile service or to a specific plan so that you don't get any nasty surprises down the road.

The Beast continued its studies with renewed Focus, building great Reference works and contemplating new Realities. The Beast brought forth its followers and acolytes to create a renewed smaller form of itself and, through Mischievous means, sent it out across the world.
from The Book of Mozilla, 6:27

2020-05-20 19:28:23

There is Mint Mobile. Not sure exactly what they offer, but I've seen commercials for them on TV

If you wish to contact me privately, you can do so in the following ways.
Telegram, Rich_Beardsley. Discord, RichBeardsley. Facebook, Rich W. Beardsley
Twitter, RichBeardsley. Email, [email protected]. Both iMessages and emails are welcome.
Battle tag, Rich#12744. You can also add me through my email address.

2020-05-21 16:59:16

If you only use 500 MB, then also consider AT&T's prepaid plans. You can get a $25.00 monthly plan with an add-on package for $5.00 extra that will give you 500 MB a month.

I'm on their $40 a month prepaid plan and I get too much data on it anyway, about 5 GB or so. Plus they don't cut you off, they just throttle you. So yeah $100 is an unnecessary payment; there are far cheaper plans available. Even the 5 GB I don't use but 200 MB a month from it, but I need it for data availability in supported countries like Canada and England.

2020-05-21 19:35:09

I know there is, Cricket, Straight Talk and Verizon Wireless. I hope these help.

2020-05-22 17:33:31

Hello. I'm looking into red pocket mobile and looking at going with an AT&T sim and 3 GB of data and unlimited calling and texting for $20 or so a month. Now just to get this phone paid off. It will be so nice not paying $100 just for a phone. I had prepaid back in 2003 but that was way different. I have been looking at prepaid for a year or so. Hoping to do the switch next month but may have to be July. I'll keep you all posted just encase someone is in a similar spot like I am and is overwhelmed by all these different prepaid carriers to go for.

2020-05-22 19:20:26

A couple others you might check:
US Mobile: build a plan with as much minutes, text and data for potentially under $10 per month, or unlimited for $40.
Mint Mobile: Save money by buying multiple months in a package to get your bill as low as $15/month.
Lastly, If you use Comcast for Internet, you are eligible for Xfinity Mobile, which gives you 1GB of data and unlimited talk/text for $12/month plus local fees.

2020-06-09 13:32:45 (edited by austingrace 2020-06-09 13:43:27)

Hello everyone. I'm still leaning the red pocket direction. I have some other people I know who are also looking to switch to pre-paid. all the info I have found is very mixed when it comes to red pocket. Some people say they are rip offs and others have 0 issues. So I'm just going to experience it for myself and draw my own conclusions. If you ask me, even $40 is really steep for a single person's cell phone bill. For me, $30 is really as much as I'd be willing to pay. I'm not a heavy data user either.  but at the same time, $40 would be a good price for an unlimited plan. Even $50 but not $60 unless the plan has perks that not many other companies can offer. If you all are looking to cut down your bill, I'd recommend looking at your past 6 bills or so and figure out how much data you have used. I used to use a crap ton of data on my phone but that was because I was staying with a friend and they did not have home internet at that moment. I use my phone for blindsquare, some facetime calls here and there and streaming youtube or other internet radio while traveling. I put the youtube music to audio only mode and that really saves data. I also save my favorites from youtube music locally if I know I'm going to be traveling for an extended amount of time. So for me, I'm thinking 3 GB is a good amount. But the cool thing is if I find that 3 GB is too little, I can just bump myself to the next plan and just pay the difference. With red pocket that would be $19 for 3 GB and then $30 for 8 GB.
Also for anyone who is interested, I'll post my speedtest results. I'm going to try the AT&T network out first. Then if that does not suit me, I'll get a Verizon sim. I don't like a lot of practices of both AT&T and Verizon so that is why I stayed with T-Mobile for so long. T-Mobile has really improved since 2013 when I first joined but their biggest problem is their signal still does not penetrate buildings well and there are some buildings even  here in the Orlando area T-Mobile does not work in. So this is why I really hope red pocket works out well.

2020-06-09 14:14:50

Hi.

Do you guys have pay as you go in the states? Basicly you decide to put $10 on your phone, let's say, then once it's used up, you can put $10 on again, or as much as you want.

I'm thinking of doing that for my next phone. A contract's nice but I hardly use my phone to call or text, if I didn't use it at all; I'd get an IPod and be done. So the mmore I think about it, the better the idea sounds.

I'm gone for real :)

2020-06-09 22:18:15

@9: yes we do, except it's called prepaid here. Some places still call it pay as you go (my AT&T plan does this, for example.) Typically paying the pay as you go rate is more expensive than the prepaid version though.

@austingrace AT&T has a $30 a month plan. It's $35 but on autopay it's $30. You get about 2 GB of data. But no international data.

2020-06-09 23:33:03

You guys are all nuts and I'm jealous.
I get unlimited text, 1GB of data, but I pay long distance at normal rates. I get voicemail, call answering, all that jazz. And you know how much I pay as a Canadian? About sixty-five bucks a month. Minimum.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2020-06-10 01:38:09

pay as you go is better for me, I don't use my phone to text or call that much so it would actually work out cheper. I'd still have to pay off the phone, but I'd do that with contract as well so either way that's gonna happen.

@jade, can't you use pay as you go? you might be able to save a tun.

2020-06-10 04:19:51

I probably could, but I use the phone quite a bit, so it ultimately wouldn't end up cheaper, I don't think.
It's just that you folks are talking about getting better than what I get for, like, half the price, and that's apparently still a bit spendy for some.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2020-06-10 14:12:27

@jade, haha, here in the UK if I get a pay as you go cim, I can put £10 on it, hell i think I can even go as low as £5. You do have to top up once you've used all your minutes and data but I really think that's the way I'm going to go with my next phone.

2020-06-11 02:24:51

I love pay as you go services in the UK. They actually don't expire your credit, so I have the same SIM I purchased for ten pounds a few years ago. And I bet (because I've done this before) when I go back to the UK and put that SIM in, it'll still have how ever much I left the country with. smile It's great.

2020-06-11 11:22:04

@Munawar, it is isn't it?

Your credit expires in other countries? That's crazy.

2020-07-10 06:42:04

Hello everyone. I have the phone unlocked. Just waiting for the red pocket sim to get here and activate the service. I contacted T-Mobile over twitter once the phone was paid off and they did the unlock on their end right away. I ended up going for the $19 3 GB plan. It has unlimited calling and texting. I got the 3 GB plan so I can run a few speed tests on the AT&T network and try youtube streaming on the data connection just to see how it runs compared to T-Mobile. If I find next month I only need 1 GB of data I can pay $15, or if I just need 500 MB of data, texts and minutes that is $10. I don't use much texting on my phone anymore because most people I message with are on iMessage. It's rare I have used 300 texts in a month. On that Pixel phone I used over 1000 texts easy. I have spent hours on end researching pre-paid carriers and not much info is out there about switching experiences with red pocket. I'm going to post my experience on the red pocket reddit page.

2020-07-21 10:58:27

Hello everyone. I switched my service to red pocket last night. The port from T-mobile happened in literally 10 minutes or so. I made sure I had both my account number and pin for T-Mobile before I started this process so I could make sure there were no issues. Within half an hour, I had my service changed over. The only issue I'm having is I'm only on a 3G signal instead of LTE but it may be were I currently am. I'm visiting someone in another area so that may be it. There may only be 3G coverage in this area. I contacted red pocket on twitter to make sure it's just a coverage issue and not on my account. I have reset network settings just to be safe. A note about the red pocket sims. They are triple punched. So if the first one feels really big, there is an area were the card is cut so for an iPhone card, you would have to remove 2 cards and that gives you the nano sim.

2020-07-21 12:06:25

Ok so let's make people jalous here.
smile I live in Romania as some of you know and I am with Vodafone, which is kind of everywhere these days, including most european countries, it could be somewhere else, just under a different name.
I have unlimited everything, minutes, texting, data and that is just for 10 euros.
It normaly is 14, but I am an old customer and I had loiality points so they reduced it to 10 and gave me a free phone, the Galaxy a50 some time in november last year.
I could go for 5 euros with Digi.Mobile or RDS as some call it and get the same unlimited stuff, but I stuck with Vodafone for like 7 years, same number, so I don't feel like going now and also the coverage isn't as good.
The speed is the same though, I had a prepaid sim from them and it worked well, I just stuck with this, at least for another few years.
Next time I upgrade, I will just upgrade to the 17 or 19 euros one, don't remember which, because it offers 5g.
And I will also reduce the costs with the points I will have by then.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2020-08-02 21:09:07

Hello everyone. Almost 2 weeks on red pocket and am loving it. I finally got the LTE signal on my phone and it made a huge difference. Whenever I'm in wifi coverage, I turn my data off right away just to be safe. Wifi calling is no issue at all on red pocket. I'm hoping to find out this week if HD voice works as well but it should. Also for anyone who is looking for a prepaid carrier, red pocket is awesome but another one to check out is pure talk. They run on AT&T's network and seem to have comparable prices to red pocket. There are so many prepaid carriers out there and it can be overwhelming at times. If anyone is looking for a good unlmited plan, I hear visible from Verizon is good as well.