2020-05-21 13:47:42

Hi. I hope you are all staying safe during this trying time. I have created a discord server, and I want to set it up so that someone has to be verified before they get member status on the server. How do I do that? Thanks in advance.

Ask, and you will receive.
Seek, and you will find.
Knock, And the door will be opened for you
Mat. 7:7

2020-05-21 14:08:47 (edited by gerech 2020-05-21 14:09:44)

how do they verify them selvs?

If you found this post helpful, amusing or funny, please thumb it up!
To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

2020-05-21 14:26:19

I'm sorry. I see now my first post wasn't clear. What I mean is, is there a way that a person has to first be verified by a moderator or admin before they get member status?

Seek, and you will find.

2020-05-22 04:47:05

Sure that's possible. Create a role in user settings named members or something like that. Make sure you look at the perms. Now deny the @everyone permition to write messages. Now when someone comes in the server they cant send any messages.

To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

2020-05-22 08:38:18

So i just have a question: where is this server then stored? and how does this all work? don't you need to forward ports? Not that i want to make a server at the moment, just asking...

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2020-05-22 08:58:00

its not an actual server. You dont need a vps or a dedicated server to create a discord server.

2020-05-22 09:37:40

@thetechguy: thanks. Will try that.

Seek, and you will find.

2020-05-22 11:04:31

Ah. so every thing is stored on discord's server then?

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2020-05-22 15:57:53

I have a question too. How can I reorder roles?

Add me on Skype, search for The Evil Chocolate Cookie

2020-05-22 20:22:32

@TheEvilChocolateCookie: That is a very good question. I managed to create the necessary roles that I needed, but I am also having trouble reordering them. So any help on that would be appreciated.

Seek, and you will find.