2020-05-19 19:55:01

TeamTalk can certainly be mainstream. I suspect the reason it isn't is due to the decentralized nature of servers and the slight difficulties that can arise when new users try to connect.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2020-05-19 20:30:17

Off topic, there are shortcut keys for some discord features. Control shift: m to mute, d to deafen, v to jump to message field. A few others

2020-05-19 20:30:49

@25, You kind of don't unless you have the money to pay for the license

If you wish to contact me privately, you can do so in the following ways.
Telegram, Rich_Beardsley. Discord, RichBeardsley. Facebook, Rich W. Beardsley
Twitter, RichBeardsley. Email, [email protected]. Both iMessages and emails are welcome.
Battle tag, Rich#12744. You can also add me through my email address.

2020-05-19 22:13:32

What if I want to play music I already own? How does that work? I'm sorry guys. Google is being very unhelpful.

Add me on Skype, search for The Evil Chocolate Cookie

2020-05-19 22:16:30

You can either stream it by pressing Control S in the TT window, or you can use Virtual Audio Cable to root your computers sounds through TeamTalk and everyone will hear your comp's sound

If you wish to contact me privately, you can do so in the following ways.
Telegram, Rich_Beardsley. Discord, RichBeardsley. Facebook, Rich W. Beardsley
Twitter, RichBeardsley. Email, [email protected]. Both iMessages and emails are welcome.
Battle tag, Rich#12744. You can also add me through my email address.

2020-05-20 00:05:11

someone on here suggested going account based. How would I work that one out with the host, or is fixing that kind of thing my job?

2020-05-20 02:01:21

If you're going to stream using the control s feature, at least warn people to turn their media vs. voice volume way the hell down. I'd much rather route audio myself so that I can have greater control over that, and hopefully not deafen someone in the process.

And what is the deal with people saying Team Talk isn't a mainstream program? Just because it's fallen out of fashion a bit doesn't mean that it wasn't originally made for sighted folks. yes, Discord is fine, the audio quality is quite good, but it will eat more bandwidth if that's a concern for you, and besides, I don't think you can adjust the volume of individual users in a voice channel.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2020-05-20 02:27:48 (edited by Chris 2020-05-22 12:16:00)

I completely agree with Turtlepower. TeamTalk is not a blindness specific product. Anyone can use it, and video is fully supported on all the desktop clients. I'm not sure why mobile doesn't support it.

If you have an admin account on the server, you can create other user accounts. Press control shift l to open the list and press add to start creating a user account. Press the add button again once all the fields are filled out to save your changes.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2020-05-20 04:49:42

turtlepower17, yes you can. right click on the user, then click the volume slider thing.

If you found this post helpful, amusing or funny, please thumb it up!
To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

2020-05-20 11:04:05

Wow, I didn't know Discord was a bandwidth eater. Yes, that's a big problem.

2020-05-20 14:35:04

@TheEvilChocolateCookie. Nope its not. As far as I know.

If you found this post helpful, amusing or funny, please thumb it up!
To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

2020-05-20 20:55:42

This server is going to be fun. I'm reluctantly submitting it for you guys to join. I say reluctantly because I have spamophobia, lol new word. If spam becomes an issue, I can and will go account based.

2020-05-20 23:15:30

Doesn't it use more bandwidth than Team Talk? Either way, thanks for the tip about adjusting the volume of users, that's good to know.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2020-05-21 13:12:12

Good thing I stream through windows. The Mac versions of both of them are messy.

2020-05-21 20:04:14

Ok, how on earth do I set up user accounts?

2020-05-22 11:34:48

just press ctrl shift l
and click on add button
and enter the details and press add button again.
done!

2020-05-22 13:10:06

Perfect.