2020-05-20 20:14:19

hi, I tryed to use it with firefox since peaple say its more accessable with it but I get the same thing, so I tipe the domain, press check, then press get now link at the one I want but then it will say Not available
I know its because I chosed it but what to do next, nothing new is showing at the paige
I tryed to sign up there but there is no link or butten to sign up

2020-05-21 00:04:28

so... if it dont work is there in other plase where I can get free .tk domains?

2020-05-21 00:50:03

go use something else

2020-05-21 02:03:53

wow, what a great anser! thanks, uh, wait, you didint anserd... ok... sad

2020-05-21 03:00:39

you have to have an account. but, it still doesn't work. it gives an error when trying to get the domain. also, @3, that's quite useful, advice ya got there. ... ... ... ... not...

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2020-05-21 03:03:57

there is litirily no way to sign up! so how to have in acount?

2020-05-21 03:38:26

don't you see a button or link? its create an account or something like that. and you will have to get the domain from the store. its still giving problems. I gave up with that forever ago.

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2020-05-21 04:12:41

I had a domain with them, and I'd like to tell you this. Their free domain isn't great, their website is shitty, it is not blind friendly. You will have to struggle a lot to get a domain. Also, sometimes the free domain registration doesn't work at all. You know what? I tried to register a free domain about two weeks ago, and I can't get it. And I contacted their support, and the response I got from them was, They have detected spam from my IP, and they have prevented me from getting a free domain. SO, my last word for it, don't try this website. If you can find an alternative, I'd suggest go for it.

2020-05-21 04:29:56 (edited by Kitsune 2020-05-21 04:30:24)

ya know, there is a website called www...tk it is just like freenom.

2020-05-21 07:47:12

dot.tk have problems here, sometimes redirects you to freenom, is there anything else that gives free domane?

2020-05-21 13:53:44

none that I know of, no.

2020-05-21 14:04:48

just go to namecheap and buy a domain. Freenom has weird and shaidy business practices.

If you found this post helpful, amusing or funny, please thumb it up!
To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

2020-05-21 16:09:58

@12, it's not as easy as it sounds, not everyone has a source of income. not everyone has paypal. not everyone has a creditcard. that's why people look for freebies.

2020-05-21 16:28:12

@13, you deserve that thums up from me

2020-05-21 18:43:49

Domains are $10/year to maybe $50/year if you buy an expensive one.  Credit cards and/or paypal and/or whatever else are free if you're 18 and most kids can get one if their parents sign off.  Even on SSI or something, $10/year to $50/year shouldn't be an issue and you can, of course, go to the cheaper side of that equation.

Anything that gives you a free domain, there's going to be a reason that it's free.  If I recall the gotcha with .tk domains is you have to have some minimum level of traffic to be guaranteed to keep it or something to that effect.

If you just want to host a website wordpress.com has a free plan and GitHub pages is also free and will give you myusername.github.io.  Unfortunately GitHub pages can't be used commercially--if they see you trying to sell stuff through it you'll get banned.  But it's certainly suitable for a blog with a static site generator, you might be able to host downlaods with git lfs, and you can point a custom domain at it.

My Blog
Twitter: @ajhicks1992

2020-05-21 22:27:47

@1, I wouldn't advise using freenom, but if you must, here's something you can try. This worked for me.
Instead of typing the domain name you need, type your full site address in to the search field. So, for example, don't type: slamdachip
then choose the .ga, .tk. .ml, .gq, etc extension from the list. Type:
slamdachip.gq
This should autoselect it, getting rid of the whole not available issue, and you should just be able to hit checkout from there. More info can be found here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/webhosting/com … available/

-
That Guy. Serving those people since that time. To contact, use that info.

2020-05-22 00:37:50

@15: Agreed totally, except that in this case, the people wanting freebies are probably in foreign countries where even if they have a billion dollars, they have no access to PayPal, no access to credit cards accepted by the services they're trying to use, etc.
@1: What others have said. Domains cost money to register, and everyone knows that. You can't get something for nothing. If you're getting a domain for free, there's a catch somewhere. If they have a terms of service, privacy policy, acceptable use policy, or similar documents available, read them very, very, very, very, very carefully. If there's anything you don't understand, don't use them. If they don't have these documents, there's no telling why, so just walk away.

2020-05-22 00:44:57

I got a domain, the .tk policy is not too strict, thx @16

2020-05-22 01:01:29

Adel, if I'm lucky and things pay off, my school incom should cover my expenses.

Camlorn, keep in mind 10 us dollars is the equivalent of 78$ TT. And here they dont give assistance to kids, which is rubbish btw.
Guys, remember not everywhere is America and not everyone has the opportunities you may have.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-05-22 01:06:04

@17
if someone is in a country that is so strict with financial services that they can't get any form of electronic banking whatsoever, there's a very good chance that they also can't legally register domains whatsoever.  If someone is in a country where they can get electronic banking but it's not something compatible with domain registrars outside the country, there are probably domain registrars inside the country that take it.

If someone is on a blacklist because of their country then chances are that they'll get told no when you get to the "and now give us your address" part, and if not then whatever registrar is being used is not long for this world.

I've seen the "but I don't have access to electronic banking" justification used on here more than it should be to justify people asking for free things.  BY far the most common reason for that is that people here tend to be under 18, not these mostly hypothetical situations where you happen to be in some country where you can't do banking at all period.  Besides with very few exceptions you can still do cryptocurrency even from said countries, and crypto is now at the point where you can actually find i.e. VPS providers taking it.  Probably some registrars somewhere too, I'mjust not aware of one offhand for lack of having looked.

If someone on here tells me they don't have a credit card to use, what I'm hearing is "I'm under 18 and my parents won't give me permission but I'm going to do it anyway".  I'm sure we have a couple of people who are legitimately in a situation where they're in a sanctioned country, but let's be honest, the primary reason for banking troubles on this site is under 18 and trying to do this without your parents.

My Blog
Twitter: @ajhicks1992

2020-05-22 04:43:54

agreed with camlorn. I suggest asking your parents for help in buying a domain.

If you found this post helpful, amusing or funny, please thumb it up!
To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

2020-05-22 06:49:54 (edited by Patrick 2020-05-22 06:50:20)

Go get a subdomain from https://duckdns.org.
Very, very simple website to use, I had my domain set up in like 30 seconds. Also, for some reason, it can instantly propagate DNS.