2020-05-17 04:26:44

Are you being forced to stay home due to the COVID-19 crisis? Are you looking for something enjoyable with your sighted family / friends?
Gift Ten industry presents the early access version of a new universally-designed audio game: Audio party pack!
This game features three challenging minigames which can be played with audio and visuals. Cooperate or compete with your sighted peers and have fun.
Notes:
- This is an early access version and it's open for feedbacks.
- The early access version is completely free.
- The game is downloadable on Steam.
- Supported languages are Japanese, English and Chinese.
- Windows and MacOS X are supported.
- This game does not support online play.
Here is the overview of each game quoted from the steam page:
GIRIGIRI HARVEST: Pay close attention to each sound as you compete for the highest score!
Pulling turnips from the field will earn you points, however some of the turnips are actually Screaming Mandrakes. Different Mandrakes have different sounds.
If you hear the same Mandrake scream three times, you will score zero points for the round.
Players should listen closely to each other and keep moving forward until the very last minute to collect more points!
It’s a simple but surprisingly exciting game.
BURUBURU SHELL: Work together to choose the same themed sound!
According to the question, choose a sound that you think is easy to convey, such “sounds like…“, or “feels like…“. If the other player can then guess the same sound, the stage is cleared!
Work together to get all the questions right!
DOKIDOKI SUBMARINE: Avoid obstacles, find enemies, fire torpedoes!
Players are divided into two roles: A “Sonar player” who uses sound to search for enemies and obstacles, and a “Pilot player” who steers the submarine and fires/detonates torpedoes. Work together to clear the stage.
The Sonar player puts a speaker to his or her ear and tells the pilot the location of an enemy or obstacle.
Using information from the Sonar player, the Pilot fires a torpedo and detonates it directly over the enemy!
Read the details and download the game at:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1283 … arty_Pack/

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2020-05-17 06:24:28

iI will download it!

73 Wj3u

2020-05-17 09:00:43

This is a bit limiting if there's no online play, isn't it? Not meaning to put this down or anything, but the age of lan parties and people sitting around the coffee table with their ds's synced up to play mario cart together is long passed.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2020-05-17 09:09:23

@3, not really, some people love tabletop games for example. if you can get members of your household all playing together it's a good social experience which in these times is important.

2020-05-17 11:36:34

I wonder who made the chinese translation?

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2020-05-17 16:52:15

Hey cool. Gonna try this out. And I agree with @4

2020-05-17 18:52:36

I agree with @4 and @3 I still play games that are local multi player.

2020-05-17 21:56:46

I agreed with 3 here. Not everyone that have family sit down and play game with them.

Hearthstone Tag ID: RobotWizard#1265216

2020-05-18 01:39:29

I have to confess, I really do miss being able to play games locally. It's getting to the point where mainstream games dont bother with it anymore, and audiogames being primarily pc based crossed that line long ago, so this is pretty cool! The people who would be most opposed to local play are the ones who dont have anyone to play with, or prefer other like minded individuals who are not on hand to play locally, but let's not forget those on the other side of the spectrum, shall we? I am of the opinion that local multiplayer will always have a place in gaming culture for as long as it remains a social hobby, and in my 30 years of gaming, that social aspect has yet to vanish.

2020-05-18 04:30:41

Bleh, bleh. A few weeks ago 3 was saying we have nothing. We get something good and boom, just put it down. @1, keep it up. Cant wait for the final build

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-05-18 06:23:01

@1. This is interesting.

If you found this post helpful, amusing or funny, please thumb it up!
To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

2020-05-18 09:01:54

@10 instead of going "bleh, bleh" at me, and disregarding the fact that I specifically said I don't want to shit on this game, why don't you point me to that post where I said "we have nothing?"

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2020-05-18 11:23:39

@12, he's always like that. He even accused me of confessing that I am racist, so who knows what he has on you, better watch out!

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2020-05-20 06:23:57 (edited by UltraLeetJ 2020-05-20 06:24:53)

wow! this sounds like an amazing idea! I will try it out as well, and if I can make a small donation, I will too.
Of course I do have fun with family a lot... we have brailled cards  that I bought for playing all sort of stuff, and I also got a hard plastic cricket ball that we can use in the pool or for whatever other kind of play
The only thing missing is a real life audio table tennis adaptation lol
but this...oh this, sounds fantastic. Especially because the minigames described can be for varied ages and knowledge levels. I am a fan of the games that blind and sighted could play together, in whatever way, I tried to get a post started on it long ago and this definitely goes to the collection.
if there can be a way to translate it to spanish, I am also all up for it

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2022-12-20 08:01:27 (edited by UltraLeetJ 2022-12-20 08:04:16)

so I tried the games and they are nice to pass the time. The harvest one is probably the simpler of the three.
The shell game where you have to infer the sound the other player is hearing reminds me of many of the questions games, or the mimic ones out there.
The submarine one was actually kinda hard and I really did not get the hang of it very much.
I like the sound of the text to speech voice in english and the music .
If you had put a time limiter like a countdown timer to the sound shell game it would have made it much more exciting.

This being said its cool that more and more of these games exist.
I like audio disk, because its  also local and it has basic graphics and sound and you can play it with someone sighted on the same computer.
I have not found games like these online though. A friend had introduced me to a noble concept for a game, in which I would give him instructions to prevent buildings from blowing up. It works so well that you could play online or offline and it was loads of fun but cannot recall the name for now though.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2022-12-23 05:35:45

This sounds like an awesome idea.
However, online mode would definitely be appreciated.
I'm always looking for games I can play with my sighted peers, but most of them, if not all, are online.

"Hope is the thing with feathers that perches with in the soul, that sings the tune without the words and never stops at all."
Emily Dickenson

2022-12-23 14:32:31

what the fuck?

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2022-12-25 01:22:55

so i See this right, you say you will try it and almost 3 years later come back and say you have now tried it and it is cool? Just wow.

2022-12-25 19:46:52

Ekraut wrote:

so i See this right, you say you will try it and almost 3 years later come back and say you have now tried it and it is cool? Just wow.

yeah, just wow. someone did not read the whole conclusion as I didn't merely say it was just.. cool and left it at that. This is even way way more wow.
The game still appears as pre launch by the way, which is more wow.
Wanna know what is also more wow? the level of toxicity without even knowing or thinking slightly about some context, like I had to replace my computer many times before I could get steam up and running and had data loss,  as well. That deserves a big wow.
Apparently flaming is more important than giving feedback and discussing games here nowadays so... just wow, indeed.