2020-05-15 16:21:44

If you need to pass it by reference you can't and will need to create a variable, then pass a pointer. If you just want to pass it by value, myFunction(MyClass()) is what you want.

There is a new keyword but it returns a pointer and you have to store that pointer somewhere and use delete on it.

Please, please do us all a favor and find a C++ tutorial and read it though.  This is covered in literally every C++ tutorial/book I have ever seen.  I try to be helpful but I don't really have the bandwidth to answer basic questions in detail right now.  Maybe someone else does, but getting us to re-explain language basics is time-consuming.  But either way, unless you start asking things that can't be answered via Google in a few minutes, I'm done.

My Blog
Twitter: @ajhicks1992

2020-05-15 17:38:18 (edited by amerikranian 2020-05-15 17:39:53)

Look at this website. It literally has everything you need to know.
www.learncpp.com
If I can find the equivalent for C, that would be great.

2020-05-15 18:39:31

@27
You can't find the equivalent for C because you already know at least 90% of C because C is a tiny, tiny language and there's just not that much to say.  Believe it or not.

C feels like more because getting anything done in C at all takes 10 times as much code than if you'd used anything else (literally, not exaggerating).

C++ is much, much bigger.

My Blog

2020-05-15 18:41:17

Thank you for the website Americranian. I will see it.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2020-05-15 18:44:10

Camlorn, believe me, I am searching in Google but I dont know the names of the problems I need to solve.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.

2020-05-15 20:20:53

You need to fully read a book and/or tutorial on C++ so that you know that, not try to shortcut it by getting the bare minimum from audiogames.net in the hope that it will somehow be enough.

My Blog

2020-05-15 21:42:04

I guess you are right

2020-05-15 22:14:15 (edited by amerikranian 2020-05-15 22:16:01)

@camlorn, I see. Still, it has been interesting and fun in places to work without all the things that you would normally expect from a language.  I enjoy it, even though it makes me pull out my hair time to time.

2020-05-16 20:50:03

I am terribly sorry for the ignorance I have shown in my previous posts. I was very scared that I won't manage to finish the project, after rushing through it (I have hard-coded all the locations) I began studying C++ more indepth, because it's better to know C++ than not to know C++, and who will force me to use it? Knowledge never hurts. I find this language very clunky and weird to use, but what's like such for me, can be the best beauty for others so I'll stop now.