2020-05-10 18:09:49 (edited by jack 2020-05-10 18:43:10)

@wlomas This question has been answered before. The problem with extending the test out till final release is exactly that, people would probably be reporting bugs for a dead version left and right. Or reporting that their old maps aren't working with the latest new build. The only hypothetical way this would actually be able to work off technicality alone is if they had an always-on disclaimer when the engine started instructing the users outside the testing team not to send feedback for this build, or their email will be ignored in the order it is received. And how much do you wanna bet people are actually going to honor that. We all know every time an honor system is deployed in the community there's always one that is going to make it crash and burn, unfortunately. Plus, it would not benefit you being able to polish your projects until the final product anyway, because you are absolutely right it likely will be in another language altogether, and you can't just move it over/finalize it in the final build. THat being said, perhaps a sort of read-only mode may be a good idea to curb that, so that if people make something memorable during this test period, they can go back and replay it as a point of reference of sorts when they go to construct their game in the final build, i.e. generally more or less what their map looked like, the text lines so they don't have to be typed in again, etc. long and short of it, using their progress made in the alpha build as a breadboard of sorts for their final product. That kind of implementation would only be possible if the drm system they are using has breakpoint/trip-wire functionality where they can simply move the check_date/check_license function over to trigger when someone goes to create a new game/goes into creation/debug mode. But if what they're doing is simple try-and-die drm, this implementation would run the risk of having something public alpha-specific coded in, when there is so much more to the engine that must needs doing before final release.

Thumbs up

2020-05-10 18:22:19

Hay Lemm, just a quick followup to my building post from earlier.
I noticed that if you place a building on a map you then have to go inside of that building in order to remove it.
While I do understand why this is done, for the final build of Sable, might you consider allowing the building
creater to ask if the building links to another map?
This way, people could easily create buildings whose
insides are larger than the ouside, just like in old-school RPG.
Once the creater has the values for name and height it could ask if the building links to another map.
If so, it'd only need to know the wall type for the building and the map it links to.
Things could then proceed just like in creating a transition.
This sin't a bother
, but in this alpha build, I'll have to place a door on the back of every building just so I can get into the facade in case of the need to remove it.
Once everything's in place I can just delete
the back door and replace it with another tile.
To everyone, be glad we have these three weeks to play around with Sable.
Their are game jams with the Pokémon community that require a game to be completed, debugged, tested and released inside of a week.
Later!

Thumbs up

2020-05-10 18:26:49

Hello, I have another idea. Getting characters inside the game, not on the start but later in the game

ice, fire, water, thunder.

Thumbs up

2020-05-10 18:28:00 (edited by pates 2020-05-10 18:29:19)

Another idea, custom resistances, vulnerabilities names.
Next, custom battle musices for one battle, for example first battle has music b1, second b2 etc, custom battle musices, that's all.

Thumbs up

2020-05-10 18:33:29

More to the point, be glad we even have! time to play around withh Sable in the first place. For the record, this wasn't originally in the cards, and is basically a thankyou for the support that has been shown, and a nice gesture in light of the pandemic situation. Maybe come back to the extended access question once you have that unforgettable blockbuster of a production done, bringing forth a shitload of constructive feedback in the process. Threeblacknoises brings up an interesting point re: game jams. Maybe this could be turned into a contest of sorts where the best games produced in the three week period could get a compromise of sorts re: extended access, the final product, etc. Just a thought, something like that would only happen in Paul was interested in facilitating something like that. Needless to say a vocal minority isn't leaving a good impression what with already asking about extended access during the alpha's first hours of release, and also apparently trying to circumvent the drm to bypass the access restrictions.
Back on the subject of feedback, @Lem: empounding upon the previous bug with screen-reader calibration, I just tested with JAWS and I'm getting near-exact results re: long waits in between the end of the utterence and the brrel getting smashed. And SAPI speech is apparently quite laggy, though I recognize that as a BGT fault with the native sapi speech-handling methods employed, so I doubt that's Sable-specific.

Thumbs up

2020-05-10 18:34:48

Pates wrote:

Hello, I have another idea. Getting characters inside the game, not on the start but later in the game

Have you tried event triggers? I believe that's one of the things you can have happen after completing a quest given by an npc.

Thumbs up

2020-05-10 18:38:53

I must try this.
Paul, please change one thing. Change kontext menu key from right alt, please! This is bad for Polish users.

Thumbs up

2020-05-10 18:45:13

Hi I got jaws set up as my speech when the speech finishes testing hit escape and the sound will play and it will say that jaws has been set up as your speech.

Thumbs up

2020-05-10 18:48:21 (edited by jack 2020-05-10 18:56:24)

@gregsteel TRue enough, though the existence of the phrase detection bug means that sounds and speech are likely to be misaligned. While what you described is technically possible, you aren't usually supposed to hit escape after it's done speaking.
As such I am not currently seeing any significant speech and sound misalignment, but will be keeping a close eye on this.

Thumbs up

2020-05-10 19:00:27

Hi guys.
So this is just a little sonething I am working on. If you want to see what I am duing you can click ong the link below. And Right feedback. I would love to heer what you guys think of this.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=11YYTy … PYWwioQa9y

My discord: the_real_amethyst
Join my accessible Pokémon discord server

2020-05-10 19:00:38

hmm, wehn i click play game and choose a project, the engine says unable to load file
this is the  only problem that i had so far aside from the bugs i sent but

2020-05-10 19:03:12

@52 you could remove a building which has a door that goes to another map by pressing w key to disable walls and entering the building that way. Much easier than creating a placeholder door.
Hope that helps.

Thumbs up +1

2020-05-10 19:09:09

Yeah I just figured that out...
Later!

Thumbs up

2020-05-10 19:31:52

Zones as in something that is spoken in A specific area of a map, like dirt road on one section, forest in another section, and so on.

I would rather listen to someone who can actually play the harmonica than someone who somehow managed to lose seven of them. Me, 2019.

Thumbs up

2020-05-10 19:40:45

@64 you can do this by holding shift while you press enter on a tile type in the terrain menu, this brings up an edit field where you can write your custom name like forest or dirt road then press enter. Now the tiles you place will hav this name until you change tile type.
Hope this helps,

Thumbs up +1

2020-05-10 19:51:38

Hello. I'm trying to start a new project, but it says failed to create new directories. Can you please help out?

Thumbs up

2020-05-10 19:52:26

Try to run it as admin

2020-05-10 20:00:31

Hi.
I have a question is it possible to share your own game with another people.
Gamulation I want to play your pokemon game if you will do it on this engine if it is possible to share this game.
@lemm Are you going to change a programming language for this engine in the future.
I know that bgt isnt a good language for programming, this is no longer developed by Philip Bennefal,

Thumbs up

2020-05-10 20:04:14

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, I haven't read the whole thread. I absolutely love Sable and think it's a great way to create games. The one problem I'm coming across is in relation to party size. I edit the options so I just have a party of 1, who is a mage. But when I go to debug mode to test my game I still have a party of 4. Is there another option I'm missing?

Thumbs up

2020-05-10 20:07:40

Idea, Player can select name, but creator sets the player class.

Thumbs up

2020-05-10 20:32:41 (edited by omer 2020-05-10 20:33:01)

68 its not possible
at least with the alpha version as far as i kow

2020-05-10 20:35:32

Hay gamulation, in your project, how did you make the stairs from red's room work without the music changing; I can't seem to figure it out.
Also, Paul, might it be possible in the future to rename maps; not the reference numbers, just what's displaied to the player?
Later!

Thumbs up

2020-05-10 20:41:40

You just create the flore exactly the same as the first flore.

2020-05-10 20:49:47

How do you get to the other two modes?

I would rather listen to someone who can actually play the harmonica than someone who somehow managed to lose seven of them. Me, 2019.

Thumbs up

2020-05-10 20:54:12

Please, add pokemon features like evolutions, pokeballs etc.

Thumbs up