2020-05-08 00:56:59

Okay I finally built the binoculars, since I was waiting around for enough metal to spawn, this means I@ve built everything.

One thing about the binoculars though, they are useless! By the time you've panned one single cell around at a time looking for the dam animal, it's probably already reached you and munched you, and you'd probably have been better just standing still, listening and shooting or swinging your weapon like crazy as per usual.

It would be better if the binoculars did something a bit more useful, such as give you positional information of an animal when you hit the A key, indeed since you don't need to aim, binoculars aren't much use anyway.

Perhaps in future a hiding and sniping mechanic could be introduced, whereby you could be still and get greater range on your weapons like some of the guns in swamp, but as it is, the game really is too fast action for such a slow overview tool to be of any real use, especially given how effective several of the weapons are.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-05-08 04:21:57

Hey Number1!

The page cannot be display.

Hearthstone Tag ID: RobotWizard#1265216

2020-05-08 04:40:04

items and trees spawn kinda slow, while animals spawn faster than my computer boots!

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2020-05-08 06:45:43

@53, Trees aren't spawning at all right now do to a bug that the dev already knows about, but the items could do with some spawning speed up.
@Dark, Thanks for the info on how to add exclusions in windows defender. I've just been telling it to restore them, but that only works temporarily.
@tunmi13, We definitely don't need a clippy arrow hit sound, but I would like to be able to hear that that I've hit an animal with my arrow, and with the fact that you have players starting with random amounts of health, hunger, and thirst, and a coming fire that you have to keep going, I'd recommend either having either the fruit or the dead animals that you haven't cooked yet save across games or both if the player's built something like a storage shed, but at least one of them saving preferably a dead animal from the beginning saving like the resources do from the beginning. I look forward to playing the next update, and I'm not saying to make things to easy, I'm just saying you want to have a way that players can quickly get there hunger down if they spawn with it at say 96 percent with the rate that you have hunger and thirst going up.

2020-05-08 08:20:54

Are there another way for me to get the game? Because when I press enter on it, "It's said, "The page cannot be display."

Thanks!!!

Hearthstone Tag ID: RobotWizard#1265216

2020-05-08 08:28:36

If anyone remembers @48, I agree with it. This is why I suggested the possibility of putting a fire with a protection zone wherever you wish, so you can camp near the stream.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2020-05-08 10:26:17 (edited by musicalman 2020-05-08 10:26:52)

Dark wrote:

First, as regards the bow. At the moment, all weapons in the game hit multidirectionally, that is, if you press attack, an animal gets hit no matter which way your facing or where it is.

Hmm interesting, so say the bow has a range of 8 squares, does this mean that when you use it, any animal within 8 squares of you will get hit regardless of direction?

I kinda wonder how the range of the weapons actually work. If the bow's range is 8 squares and an animal is 6 squares ahead and 4 to the right, will you still hit, or will you not hit because the total distance is more than 8?

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2020-05-08 11:36:35

so how do you get meat then because i've killed animals but i can't work out how you get meet though.

2020-05-08 12:31:14

Can you please add shooting with the right control? My left control key is kind of broken because sometimes it just won't work

2020-05-08 13:44:58

I also don't see how to eat meet... i kill the animals, but don't see an option to pick up the meet. i thaught that it gets added to your inv automaticly, but it does not...

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2020-05-08 15:16:08

you need the fire

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2020-05-08 15:49:18

also how do you save in the game?

2020-05-08 15:55:31

hey how can i get to the crafting shop from withing the game itself? i just tried crafting the fire it worked but then went back to start and it put me back in the game but a totally different place.

2020-05-08 16:07:13

I don't think you craft in the middle of the game. Afaik, if you craft the fire, it just shows up in your safe zone somewhere.

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2020-05-08 17:28:30

@musicalman, I could be wrong, but as far as I've determined yes, when you swing your weapon, any animals in that weapon's range get hit no matter where they are.
Indeed, since the animals have a much smaller zone of attack than you do, it's relatively easy to deal with animals even with the club which does the least amount of damage.

I'm not entirely sure what the ranges are, the bow and revolver seem to have the most, followed by the longsword, and the club and short sword have the least, though still larger than the animal's attack range.
Damage wise, the bow and club seems to do least damage, and  the revolver and longsword the most, indeed the  revolver is a little too devastating as I said.

The way that meat works, is first you need to get enough resources to craft the fire. At this point it'll be down at minus ten zero in the bottom left of the map.

Once you go down there and hit alt you'll be in the cooking menu and be asked what you want to cook, dead bear, dead lion or dead wolf.
Each animal you kill will provide one dead animal to cook, and cooking them provides I believe 50 meet which you can eat with the d key, indeed you will get waaaaaay more meet than you actually need.

@NightCraller302, I'd be interested to know myself if there is a more efficient way of getting downloads to work when windows defender objects to them than actually having to disable real time protection, since that's a clunky way around. The alert in chrome however doesn't give me any options, and when I look at windows defender's own notifications, there are just the usual options for a quarantined threat.
I remember windows explorer used to give you a popup and an "are you sure you want to download this" type of message, but it seems chrome doesn't do that.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-05-08 18:36:19

The weapon system is based on how big the animal is. An animal's size will affect how much range on the x axis your weapon can fire at it. For example, sicn the lion is 5 squares wide, say the lion is at 0 x. if you are at 3x, you can still hit it, because you are within the range of its size.
Also, to clarify. When you create the cooking fire, it will spawn at 0, -10, in the safe zone. However, I'm planning for this in the future to be placed whereever you want it to be. This will allow you to camp like places near the spring, or other areas on the map.
I am still trying to fix bugs, so features will not be coming immediately. I still need to fix some sound glitching issues, so these suggestions will probably on hold. Also, keep in mind since this is my project, I might not get to all suggestions that have been brought forth.
Thanks.

-----
YouTube
GitHub
Discord: @tunmi13#1880

2020-05-08 19:49:24

Not sure if this has been reported but here is another bug I'm sorry to say.  It looks like you can put the game in to an unstartable state.  I was playing for the first time just exploring and died of thirst.  Now when I start a new game, I instantly die of thirst.
Otherwise loved what I was able to play so far, especially the crafting as it gives the player something to look forward to and a reason to play more.

2020-05-09 03:22:50

good game, great to see how you become a better developer with the time.
Are you interested into translating this and all of your games into other languages? I don't know how hard is for you adding a translation sistem, but if you are interested I can help you with spanish translation.

2020-05-09 03:40:15

I have a few suggestions for the future.

1. I haven't crafted the binoculars yet, but that's the only item I don't have. Unless I'm missing something, once I craft them, there's no further use for any of the resources I still have. To avoid this situation where you have no motivation to gather resources, possibly have a system where every time an item is used, there's a small chance it will break. The chance of breakage is higher if the item has been around for a while or is heavily used. When something breaks, you lose the item entirely, possibly salvaging some of the resources that were used to craft it. At that point, you no longer have the item, but can craft it again if you have the necessary resources.

2. Someone mentioned a storage shed for keeping food across deaths. I think that's a great idea. But everything has its price. First, of course you need resources to craft it. Also, every once in a while, especially if you're near or in your shed, there's a chance that animals will attack the shed. If they do, they may steal some or all of the food you have stored there, and in severe cases they might destroy the shed entirely. Also, if the shed is near the cooking fire, there's a small chance a stray spark from the fire could hit the shed, setting it on fire, damaging or destroying it. If the shed is destroyed, you lose everything stored there, and again, you might be able to salvage some of the resources. You can craft another one if you have enough resources.

2020-05-09 10:43:35

Hi I'm enjoying this game. i'm waiting for updaits

2020-05-11 00:55:28

Version 1.1 has been released.

-----
YouTube
GitHub

2020-05-14 13:10:16 (edited by manamon_player 2020-05-14 13:20:28)

hi
why I can't make this?
Binoculars , needs 8 metal, 4 wood, and 2 string b

2020-05-14 17:46:01

You should be able to make it. Ensure that you have the required resources.

-----
YouTube
GitHub

2020-05-14 19:37:41

I'm sure I have everything

2020-05-14 21:49:46

Did you press F1 to check? I think sometimes some people forget to press F1 to overview their resources.

-----
YouTube
GitHub