2020-05-06 21:32:13

that and, you get hungry and thirsty very quickly. in about 5 minutes you could die from hunger or thirst which isn't pretty realistic. Also most time when I fire the bow it doesn't hit the animal I'm looking for. I also think that the animals deal far, far too much dammage.

You see a signature that is 800 characters and 8 lines long. You quickly report it to the administrators

2020-05-06 21:40:02

@25 that is correct. Meat shouldn't really be poisonous unless it has spoiled or it wasn't cooked for long enough. Gravely undercooked meat could harbour harmful bacteria, but since you can't control this here, you should assume you're doing things right.
@26 most survival games have a sped up day/night cycle. This means that while hunger, fatigue and thirst do follow mostly realistic patterns depending on how much time passes in the game, since the time is sped up you will find yourself having to eat and drink in quite short intervals.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2020-05-06 22:08:06

you pruved again that you're great, keap it up!

2020-05-06 22:43:59

but, trees wont spawn, I didint saw a single one until now

2020-05-06 23:21:13

Hey there. Am I doing something wrong? Managed to get windows defender to install the game, but when I load with Jaws on, everything is suuuper delayed. For example, while going through the main menu, it takes about 10 seconds after I hit an arrow key for the cursor to click and move, and a new option to be selected.

The Certified Altruistic Lexicon is nigh!

2020-05-06 23:21:39 (edited by darren 2020-05-06 23:22:17)

i'm sorry to say this doesn't work for me. i'm using a 64 bit system and every time i try moving or sum such there's a good 5 seconds of lag.
am using the latest nvda.

2020-05-06 23:48:00

I believe something must of happened with the tree system. I will be increasing the spawning rates.
I will be releasing versions with features as time goes on. I am hoping to slowly get this project moving forward.

-----
YouTube
GitHub
Discord: @tunmi13#1880

2020-05-06 23:57:10

so will we get a fix for this issue soon?

2020-05-07 08:43:29 (edited by angel_diva22 2020-05-07 08:45:51)

Is there a possibility that, for those who may not have use of one hand, or who have low muscle tone, etc, that a setting to use the right control key for firing//shooting your weapon could be added? It is ok if it is a no, but it would be nice for those who want to play, but may have some kind of disability. Just was curious, as so many apps and games out there leave those kind of people out.

2020-05-07 09:42:01

When i run the game says it is a virus? not good. Also, 5 megabyte is that the entire size of the game?

2020-05-07 09:50:27

do you wanna know what this game needs? do ya? do ya? it needs storms! rain! make the chr able to get sik! also, pain sounds would be nice. and a nutherthing, can you change the volume keys from pg up and pg down to the function keys? because my page down key doesn't work. thanks.
keep up the good work!

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2020-05-07 10:41:16

I think that storms and rain depending on what they do would be good. The character getting sick however on top of what's already there would be a bit to much. The amount of health the animals take and the number of times the meat poisons you is already difficult enough. I also think I might of found a bug, I managed to get an extra life or 2 a few times, and it doesn't seem like there working all the time. I would also recommend that as well as getting the tree spawning fixed that you also maybe speed up the healing in the safe zone, or put the food that poisons you at a lower percent of you getting it. A sound for when your arrow hits the animal would also be helpful, and if there is one there, you might want to turn it up a bit. Just a few suggestions that might help, but good game so far.

@36, You might want to be more careful at your post righting, that almost looked like you were taunting him. This isn't STW, and if I were the one coding this game a suggestion in a post like that would honestly make me not want to put the suggestion in.

2020-05-07 11:43:39

i wish i could play it because i like what i'm reading but i just can't at the moment. most frustrating.

2020-05-07 13:23:50

I can't work out why this is being flagged as a virus, really want play this title.

2020-05-07 14:06:12

I really do not know why it is reading the game as a virus like that. I'm not sure if it is because I have a virus when I distributed it, or if its just BGT flagging it as usual. I will try to get to the bottom of this issue.
Also, version 1.1 should be coming soon attempting to fix some of the bugs that some of you have been having. I have also removed poison status on the meat like you guys asked. I hope this will improve things a little.
Also, I heard someone say that the arrow hit sound was too quiet. There is one there, but the issue is that since the bow and the arrow sound sound so alike, you can barely distinguish that the arrow hit sound even played. I'll be increasing the volume on the arrow hit sound to hopefully make it better, however I don't want to increase it so much that the sound clips. I'll see what I can do.
And lastly, I will be adding health to the fires. To keep the fires up, you will need to craft an axe that will allow you to cut down trees instead of taking fruits from them, and then you can use the resources, such as wood and branches you recieve, to keep the fire going. Otherwise you'll have to remake the fire again.
I hope all this can come by version 1.2, but for now, 1.1 will fix, or attempt to fix, some issues.

-----
YouTube
GitHub
Discord: @tunmi13#1880

2020-05-07 15:03:43

Darn. I'd really love to play this but...

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-05-07 15:03:52 (edited by musicalman 2020-05-07 15:13:06)

I really like this game but am having difficulty hitting things with the bow and arrows. I seem to have determined that things need to be a certain distance from you to hit them. If they're too far you won't hit, if they're too close you also won't hit, and it seems finicky at present. Hoping to play the new version where the spawning stuff is resolved, since I'm having trouble getting trees to show up as well.

I'm a bit concerned with keeping after the fire though. I really like the idea, but I'm having a hard time getting comfortable with killing animals while getting around the map and collecting items, so I feel like I wouldn't be able to keep track of the fire. I'm spending the majority of my time avoiding combat. If I could kill animals with more confidence, I'd want to grind more, but right now the randomness factor and weapon success rates are a bit frustrating for me, but I probably just need some practice/tips and I'll be set.

BTW I did manage to craft the club and... I can't tell if it's actually useful. It doesn't seem to be doing much for me.

Good luck with the game, I really like this endless stuff, and the survival in a forest aspect adds a unique flare to that.

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2020-05-07 15:04:47

Also, its top down, not 2d

_____

2020-05-07 15:40:17

It actually is 2d. 1d would mean you could only move forward and backward, 2d means you add left and right to the equasion.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2020-05-07 15:56:25

Yeah, will have to agree on this one, it's a 2d game.you can face or in this case walk left, right, forward and backwards.

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2020-05-07 18:35:39

First, as regards the bow. At the moment, all weapons in the game hit multidirectionally, that is, if you press attack, an animal gets hit no matter which way your facing or where it is.
Unfortunately, the bow's rate of fire is very slow, so your best bet with the bow, and indeed with most weapons is hit and run. usually, I wait to hear the animal, start swinging with a weapon and then take a few steps ninety degrees away from where the animal is coming from, EG I go left if it's coming down.
Actually, if you stand still, swing and dodge you can kill animals quite successfully, using most weapons, the times I found I most often got hit was when runing after items, since running in a straight line automatically puts you in an animal's range, indeed when going for an item, if you hear an animal, I recommend stoppig and dealing with it first, the item won't be going anywhere.

of course, I don't know what Tunmi has planned in terms of other weapon types, but it'll be interesting to find out.

Okay, the virus flag preventing downloads thing is a BGT issue, it doesn't occur with all BGT programs, (crazy party downloads fine for me), but it does occur with some, why I am not sure, indeed I did once ask philip Bennifall to at least contact Microsoft and point out the BGT scripting language was not associated with viruses, but he doesn't seem to which is irritating.
Fortunately it is possible to get around.

First, if you haven't already done so, create an exceptions folder in windows defender.
to do this: 1: Open window's defender's antivirus.
You can find this in control panel, or more easily by right clicking on the "actions needed" button on the taskbar and selecting "security dashboard."

2: once in widows defender hit down arrow and find "antivirus protection", then tab around until you find "manage settings", within settings tab to "add exclusions."

3: tab to the "add exclusion" button and hit enter. You'll then be asked if you want to add a file or folder.

4: Go to "add folder", then just find the folder in the standard open dialogue as in any windows program. I recommend creating a specific folder on your hd for gams, (I have one called audiogames", you might also want to add the downloads folder to stop Windows defender deleting stuff upon download.

That will give you a safe place to run BGT programs.

Now,  to those occasions when windows Defender balks at a download, like this one.
Theoretically, there should be a way to enable the download after the alert pops up, or tell windows defender to go ahead with the download anyway, unfortunately, if there is I haven't found it yet, even looking at the scan history and downloads area in chrome.
Fortunately there is a simple way around.

go to "antivirus protection", and then "manage settings" as described in step 2 of the above instructions. You'll find a box saying "real time protection", toggle that to disabled, and vuala! no more objections to downloads.
I'd recommend turning it back on once you've downloaded the game.

The other bit of good news, is that as long as you allow the ap through the firewall, getting updates directly in the game should be okay as well.

Why this happens I don't know, and I really wish there was a better way around, but at least this should hopefully make it possible for people to play the game.

I'm personally very much looking forward to the updates.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-05-07 19:13:43

Hmm. Maybe in future, you can turn it into an RPG. You already have the story, yule just have to work on the mechanics.
Keep it up dude, I'm not able to play it, but I know you are a great dev
Cheers

_____

2020-05-07 21:15:52

One thing I think ought to be craftable is some sort of water bottle/can/jug/etc. Imho it's annoying to have to go all the way to 100,100 when I'm thirsty.

2020-05-07 22:50:34

Got the game working just removed folder, re-extracted now all working. enjoying so far.

2020-05-07 23:58:46

I tried going to the download link and got this message. This site can’t provide a secure connection
tunmi13.dev sent an invalid response.
Try running Windows Network Diagnostics.
ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.