2020-05-04 04:18:33

@17, I don't think he was literally saying not to name a channel that. Even if he were, I highly doubt one random forum post would sway the decision of the person who's creating the channel. I took it as more of a friendly bit of advice. Extra dark gaming does not sound like something I'd want to watch in the slightest. It sounds either vaguely racist, or like a really stupid ad for fried chicken. Just my opinion, but really, with all the content people are creating these days, you've gotta stand out from the pack. The first, and one of the most effective, ways to do that is to come up with a name that people will remember. Maybe it's just me and one other person who would cringe at a title like that, but hey, different strokes, I guess.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2020-05-04 04:43:15

Extra dark is racist? Damn I better stop making toast.
It's not a great name by any means but that other guy was acting like it would make you throw up in your mouth. DSP (darkSidePhil) makes me throw up in my mouth, however.

NevEd.NDO#4838
My community discord:
https://discord.gg/2duutDtGFa

2020-05-04 04:45:43

@24. That's weird.

If you found this post helpful, amusing or funny, please thumb it up!
To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

2020-05-04 05:30:48

Here's a link that might interest some of you. Let's start a discussion about this.https://longzijun.wordpress.com/2017/01/31/youtube-channel-suspensions/

2020-05-04 05:45:13 (edited by Jeffb 2020-05-04 05:48:00)

@27 I said it was odd I didn't say it made me throw up. I think wearing socks with sandals is odd but people still do it. I think putting words in other people's mouths is odd too but there you have it. Also I only said that because it's the type of name that's likely to get flagged.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2020-05-04 06:27:09

@30 Well consider this, maybe not everyone cares about getting flagged or to be more precise, conforming to an idea of political correctness.

NevEd.NDO#4838
My community discord:
https://discord.gg/2duutDtGFa

2020-05-04 15:15:59

@31 It's not all that personal, and not even a matter of pc. Chances are it wasn't unique enough to the point where it triggered seo buzzwords. It's not all that out there. A Youtube channel has become something of a company nowadays if you're commercially successful, so you really do have to think outside the box for a channel title if you aren't using just your name. Not to say that the onus is entirely on you for bringing the channel down, it still could have asily been a mistake.

2020-05-23 07:44:45

As it turns out, all 3 of the names I tried to come up with were taken. I didn't know this, because Google didn't tell me. All they did was ban me and told me I violated their TOS. How was I supposed to know that I was taking a name someone else was using? I'd like to point out that I posted about this on Facebook. Someone actually called me out by telling me that I should have Googled the names I chose before picking them, or in their words, I should have "Done my due diligence because it was in the terms of service I agreed to". Before anyone here on the forum does that, allow me to make a couple points:
1: A lot of services, including GMail which is owned by the same company that made YouTube, inform you that a name is taken if you try to make an account. They don't allow you to create the account, then ban you a few hours later. Why is YouTube any different? If their algorithms are so amazing as they claim they are, then why can't they put me on hold so to speak while they search their database, then allow me to have access to or delete my account when they find out whether or not the name is taken. Alternatively, they could just put me in an account name field and tell me to change it without deleting my account. In the meantime, they can disallow me from posting videos or getting subscribers or even the link to my channel while they're searching their database. Anything is better than suspending me, creating a record for me in their people to look out for list, and making me look like the villain in the story. After all, God forbid I try to come up with anything that's funny or creative in my eyes, right?
2: For those of you who would tell me that I should have Googled my future channel name to see if anyone else was using it, can you seriously tell me that you came up with your channel name, then thought, "Oh, I should go look up this channel name on Google."? If you did, good for you, have a cookie. Most people like myself wouldn't think to do this, because once again, most of us expect Google to tell us that a name is taken instead of allowing us to make our accounts and banning us a few hours later.
I'm really not trying to harm anyone. All I'm trying to do is make a channel where I can play games and share my enjoyment/laughter with the community, as well as take their suggestions on the ways that I can improve my content. Is that really too much to ask for?

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2020-05-23 08:16:36

Hi.

I like youtube for the content but hate it because of this whole, oh you must sign up with google to have an account thing.

I don't want a GMail account just to have a youtube one. I already have an email account from live, i think it used to be hotmail, and don't need another one.

Oh and adds every 5 minutes? No thanks. I use an addblocker, sadly it sets the youtuers back a bit with cash but an add every 3 to 5 minutes is just horrible.

I have the youtube app on my IOS device and have to put up with them on there because there's no way of blocking adds.

If people moved over to another platform where I didn't need a GMail account to subscribe, I'd think about going there but for now as much as i'm not a huge fan of youtube, I'm going to have to keep using it.

I'm gone for real :)

2020-05-23 23:09:06

I made a new channel, and I made damn sure I violated no copyright laws with my name this time. I looked up the name on Google, Duckduckgo, and YouTube, just to make absolutely sure I wasn't taking anyone else's name. Nevertheless, my channel got suspended again. Fine Google, you win. Sorry guys, looks like I won't be making YouTube videos anymore because Google has something against me.

TWITCH

2020-05-24 04:00:40

@Dan_Gero. Have you tried tweeting @TeamYoutube?

If you found this post helpful, amusing or funny, please thumb it up!
To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

2020-05-24 04:11:17

I'm not a big fan of youtube myself either. The cast they keep deleting your accounts... fisshy.

sound designer for mental vision, and Eurofly3.
take a look at
My freesound pageWhere I post sounds I record. ps: if you use my sounds, remember to credit me smiley

2020-05-24 05:28:34

I tried tweeting @YouTube. I guess that's not the right Twitter account?

TWITCH