2020-01-06 04:14:52

Trade system extension, yes.

2020-01-06 16:51:07

i wish though there was a way to check across sectors the prices of things it's annoying that you can't. it is a shame.

2020-01-07 00:32:36

As far as TC goes, do I have to actually buy the game to play it?
The demmo doesn't seem very accessible, though from what I am hearing, the game its self seems quite fun to play if you know how to get everything to work correctly.

2020-01-07 02:55:44

Walker and Darrin,

It is probably easier to buy the game and refund it than to try a demo, if only because I have no idea what the demo lets you do, and it almost certainly won't let you run the accessibility scripts we need to use.

Regarding remote trading, I will continue to investigate ways to make satellites useful for us, though it's worth pointing out that apparently sector and universe traders don't actually need them, so they're less useful than they might otherwise be. I will continue to look into other areas that might benefit from scripting as well, but my goal is to modify the game as little as possible at the moment.

2020-01-07 04:39:15 (edited by sightlessHorseman 2020-01-07 04:57:49)

Hi.

Ok, trade log hotkey is set up and works quite fine as I can see it now.
So, off to some trading and getting my rust bucket upgraded.
What are you actually doing with your discoverer? What I would love to do is either fly around with the thing manually and map sectors and the like while my fraighter trades automatically with me telling it what to trade because I yet haven't the trade software MK iii.
The other thing would be to fly the fraighter on my own and let the discoverer map sectors on it's own.

Is that somehow possible?

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2020-01-07 05:36:36

Hi Moritz,

Yeah, you can set up the Discoverer to do sector mapping on its own. I'm currently flying towards Teladi space, where I hope to get Explorer COmmand software, which will let me do that. THere's a script called Galaxy Explorer, which is what I plan to use for that process.

I've also been communicating with most stations and ships along the way. THere's no real way to find random missions or the like otherwise, and fortunately it's easy to tell whether you've lande on a mission or oppertunity or not, because they always have an extra menu option, and prompt you with mission details beforehand.

2020-01-07 08:34:33

actually the other thing with the navsats they are useful if you want to use the jump drive. the advanced ones assuming you haven't mapped out the sector first they will populate your hud/database with local objects.

2020-01-09 18:09:27

So I finally managed to find time to make my way down to Teladi space and purchase Explorer COmmand Software for my DIscoverer. This, combined with the previously-linked "Galaxy Explorer," script, basically lets me automate the somewhat tedious task of mapping the universe. In addition, the script is set to capture any unowned ships it finds and bring them to the closest neutral or friendly station.

ALso worth noting, the script is designed to handle deploying a satellite network automatically, as well as scanning asteroids as possible sites for mines and the like. All this is configurable via a menu, which I still need to explore more carefully with OCR, though it strikes me that in the worst case I can always use something like Be my EYes for clarification purposes, since we generally only need a few moments of borrowed sight.

I also bought Best Buy and Best Sell locators, which are probably going to come in handy for the next phase of trading. Next up, once I can afford it, a jump drive for my Mercury and probably some more fighter drones, just in case.

As an amusing sidenote, I wandered down into pirate space briefly as well, and managed to avoid pissing them off, which isnot always easy. I accepted a covert ops mission from somebody down there, but didn't realize he would send me to a sector I'd never heard of and couldn't find. Fortunately, failing the mission only lead to him dismissing me from his presence, rather than any worse outcome.

2020-01-10 04:34:35

Hi.

Yeah the jump drive is quite awesome to have, always make sure that you have a stash of energie cells in your hold, I think one sector jump equals to 15 cells beeing used, at least somewhere in that arria.
I don't know how good best buy and best sell locators are, it would be awesome if I just could send the mercury off with for example commands to buy ore under a certain price and sell above another price.
Can you link to the galaxy script again possibly? It sounds like it could help accessibility greatly.

Greetings Moritz.

2020-01-10 05:07:16

Symba,

THere are other scripts which let us do exactly that, and when we own stations and factories there are commands which basically use exactly that logic to keep the station supplied. There are some really complex scripts available for logistics and such, but I haven't messed with them yet.

THe galaxy explorer script can be found here at XDownloadsd, and the forum thread discussing it is here on the Egosoft boards.

2020-01-10 07:16:56

Hi.

Thanks for the link, I'll install this one and see if I can figure out how to use it, have to check how you would get to teladi space though, I think i have to go through the boron sectors if I remember right.

It's a shame that Egosoft won't include the tolk library, this would make things so much easier.

Greetings Moritz.

2020-01-10 17:34:56

Hi Moritz,

Happy to help if you need it. The script is configured in a menu under "additional ship commands," in the command console, but you don't need that to start. Just run the command under "special commands," and it will work. I recommend doing this with a fast ship, like your Discoverer when fully upgraded. You'll ideally want to be in a different ship at the time, because the script takes over and will just do it's thing.

I haven't yet installed a jump drive in my explorer, but it's set to use that to fly away from dangerous sectors by default, I believe.

2020-01-10 23:50:34

Jump drive obtained, at least for my trade ship. I need to figure out what to do next. I want to look into buying a combat-capable ship, perhaps, or automating the Mercury in some form or other. Sadly my explorer has yet to find any abandoned ships to sell, or use, though I hope that will happen soon.

2020-01-11 07:13:21

Hi.

well, if you are playing AP, you won't find any abandoned ships there, they are only optainable when you play X3 TC. But the problem there is that are trade script doesn't work.

Greetings Moritz.

2020-01-11 17:09:02

There are still abandoned ships in AP, they're just in random sectors, apparently.

As for TC, I installed the mod that lets me play the TC plot in AP, which seems to be working well enough.

2020-01-12 10:28:19

Hi.

Yeah I remember, some abandoned Kahag ships, you need some sort of scanner though if I'm not mistaken.

greetings Moritz.

2020-01-14 08:09:01

Hi.

I also think what we would need is some sort of way to remotely check a station for prices.
For example, you can sit in your discoverer in space or at a station and can look at your Mercury, and check the prices of goods at different stations so you can send the fraighter off without needing to fly into a sector, looking at the stations and then checking if you could make a good deal.
i know that this works for sighted people, the trade hotkey sadly doesn't work there.

greetings Moritz

2020-04-23 16:38:00

Hey hey!
Are the links in post 1 still the latest? Do i need something else?

2020-04-25 06:08:00

HEy,

I haven't looked at X in a couple months, so yes, the links in post 1 should still be the latest.

My space game interest lately has been strongly focused on the new version of Aurora, which is a wonderful experience even if it's quite a different genre from space trading.

2020-04-25 08:03:21

HAHAHA, oh shame on you for not informing me about the new version.
Any improvements about accessibility for NVDA-users?

2020-04-25 09:18:43

Sorry why post here but im interest does a new version of aurora is more accesible for us?

2020-04-25 20:26:38

Yes to both questions. smile

I'm going to write up a proper thread today and talk a bit about what's changed. It's pretty much everything. smile

2020-04-26 08:07:41

Realy realy great!
And now, back to the main topic.

Can you somehow check if your ship is moving and how fast and in which direction?

2022-12-14 15:59:54

just want to know if any update because it's have another extended pack, sorry to bringing it back.

2022-12-15 19:03:59

Hello i also interest about playability of this game. I consider to purchase it and try. I need opinion about how it work, is it possible to play after all and does any play current this game?