2020-04-22 08:41:36 (edited by DJWolfy 2020-04-22 08:42:07)

it's not a perfect game, but I think it deserves an entry
title
rb farm
description
rb farm is a farming game developed by rb studios, released in 2020. You have to move around the grid, collecting goods from your various animals while keeping said animals under control. You can also have crops, which don't really require caring for but are affected extremely by the seasons, so the amount of money you can earn from then can go up and down very eratically over very small periods of time.
download link
http://rbstudios.ml/rf.zip
website link
http://rbstudios.ml

2020-04-22 08:44:25 (edited by DJWolfy 2020-04-23 04:29:26)

license: free
genre: RTS

2020-04-22 18:07:42 (edited by Dakonna 2020-04-22 18:07:56)

Nope, it's not an incremental game. You don't click on anything to increase a count, you don't prestige, or anything like that. Please edit your post with the appropriate genre.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2020-04-22 18:19:31

Its actually an RTS.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-04-23 20:44:03

RBFarm is * not * an idle game. I'd say more stratagey

2020-05-22 14:49:08

Sorry I must've missed this topic.

The one thing I wonder about RB farm is how complete it is, since last I heard it was still very much in beta status. IE, is it possible to play for a length of time?

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-05-22 17:21:14

@6 yes it pretty much is, though it won't last very long. Once you plant your first trees you'll see lots of cash coming in every few seconds, which compounds the more trees you plant, and once you're at that stage, you've basically won and the rb farm has turned into an rb orchard.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2020-05-22 21:42:36

meh, and its not being taken cair of on  the dev's side, on the new releases room its on page... 1... nope... 2... nope... 3... here it is, so as you se, its a uncompleted beta

2020-05-24 03:17:19

god meatbag and I am getting sick and tired on you constantly going at me about how it isn't taken care of and ug! I just don't know how to word this! It isn't abandoned, it isn't incomplete, it is being worked on, so is the state of my mental health considering I wanted to commit suicide after term one being complete social isolation and exclusion from everything that could  be refered to as normal, just stop going on and on and on and on and on about it, please! I'm getting sick and tired of it!

2020-05-24 04:45:45

@Meatbag, what's your beef with Rory? What did he do to cause you to hop In his topics and go off on him?

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-05-24 14:48:20 (edited by Meatbag 2020-05-24 14:49:05)

I didn't did something wrong here. I just said a reason for why the game does not need a database entry for now

2020-05-25 00:08:20

that isn't saying - oh whatever.

2020-05-25 02:21:12

I do agree that the game should probably only be given a DB entry once it is re-written and once a lot is fixed, I may be jumping on this project soon as well so that will get done faster.

2020-05-26 13:15:10

Okay, I downloaded the game and gave it a try.
I really like where this is going, but at the moment the game feels very much like an early build in a lot of ways.

obviously, the game has no sounds, but even the text is a little incomplete in terms of messages and the way animals wander around the farm at random and can just be interacted with for a stat amount of cash.

I am also unsure whether this is intended as an incremental game or a complete sim, and depending upon the direction chosen, different gameplay additions might need to be made, EG if it's an incremental game, perhaps more buildings to house the animals, and different types of food needed for different animals, whilst if it's a full farm sim, need to gather milk and eggs daily, sheep shear in the spring, maybe look after lambs as they're born etc.

I definitely like where this is going and hope development continues, but I'm afraid at the moment the game doesn't quite seem to have enough content to warrent a db entry, though I am definitely hoping that will change in the future.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-05-29 00:20:14

i have to agree with everything here said so far.