2020-04-10 09:26:10

Still looking forward to this. big_smile

Hurt me with the truth, but never comfort me with lies

2020-04-10 09:50:26

Hello again everyone. After upgrading to python 3.8.2 and crashing my pyinstaller, and successfully restoring it to 3.7.4, I have added an error checker to the game. With any luck and your support, this addition will help me figure out what is going on for some of you. I really want to thank jonnyboy1991 for telling me how to do this in the comments above. If your game crashes with this version, Please email me with the contents of the errors.txt file, located in the directory where you installed the game.
https://ceruleanbluesoftware.com/downloads.php

Even a blind lion still has his teeth and claws.

2020-04-10 09:53:19

hi there, it says file not found, still uploading, perhaps?

2020-04-10 11:12:49

still having the same error, I got the error log though, I'll attach it to the email that I'm about to send you.

2020-04-10 12:21:46

Hi,
This is a great game. However, I have a suggestion: add an infinite mode. That would improve game time. However, this would of course require that you have the ability to expand your business, for example to sell other drinks as well, to sell snacks etc.

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2020-04-10 12:42:13 (edited by Cerulean 2020-04-10 13:31:44)

Good news!
Possible fix for some of you!
Please navigate to
C:\Users\<YOUR USER NAME>\AppData\Local\Temp
and locate the folder named gen_py
copy this folder to your desktop, In case this fix does not work for you.
Then delete the gen_py folder from your temp folder.
Try playing little boss's lemonade stand again.
If the game works, I will be quite happy.
If not, restore gen_py from your desktop to the temp folder. and please email me with your errors log and I will do my best.
Happy gaming! and thank you JasonBlaze, for sending in the error report and helping me test this fix.

2020-04-10 13:38:34

I am really enjoying the game!
by the way is this a finished game?, or are you planning to expand it soon?

2020-04-10 14:07:17

Hi Jason, I have no problems at all adding new features or even expanding this game. Provided such expansions add a challenge to the player and quality to the game. One of the most dangerous traps a coder can get themselves into is, being unwilling to go back and change a system they already built. Especially if the code is complex. I do not wish to be like that. Especially when great folks like those who posted above have taken the time to provide such courteous and positive feedback. I even think the Little boss might reappear as this seems like something I can make into a series. For now, I just want to see how this release turns out and focus a little more on a turn-based rpg I have in the works and scrounging for quality music and sfx. How do developers like me find the cash for sound libraries? ha ha. Developing computer games has been my dream, ever since I first used anApple IIGS!

2020-04-10 14:13:06

hello, what are instructions for making a good lemenades? how many lemons and how much sugar should I combine to make a good lemonade in this game?
thanks

2020-04-10 14:24:05

At 31, yep that method works to, I just put the %temp% because that links you to the same place. I honestly just deleted all of my stuff in there anyways just because all that stuff is gunna be coming  back anyways. It's just a short cut if ya know what I mean.

Jonathan Candler, A.K.A, Jonnyboy

2020-04-10 15:57:25

Now the game works for me. A very good game indeed. Good job! big_smile

Hurt me with the truth, but never comfort me with lies

2020-04-10 16:35:50

Hmm. I'd tell you, but that would ruine the game, wouldn't it?
cerulean, the game is awesome. I particularly like how you have to manage your cash carefuly, while getting the required amount of lemon, sugar, cups and posters. Heh! I also like how the weather efects if you sell the lemonade successfully or not.

You see a signature that is 800 characters and 8 lines long. You quickly report it to the administrators

2020-04-10 18:29:37

34, I'll give you a hint. When combined, the sum of the number of lemons and sugar respectively add up to :
The SQ root of  512 divide by 4, divide by 2. The number of lemons and sugar and lemons are both odd numbers, so I pretty much gave you the answer. Another hin is yule need more lemons than sugar.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-04-11 09:02:36

@cerulean, then in that case I have a few suggestion onboard, small things first though, mainly about adding more aesthetics volues into the game. should I write them here? or you prefer email? I have high hope for this one hahaha.

2020-04-11 12:22:46

@39 Here is fine!

2020-04-11 14:04:04

Hi,
I was just wondering, if we set a certain amount of money as our goal for a month. So does that amount of money has to be in our hand or is it the total money earned that we get to see in the bank?

I am not someone who is ashamed of my past. I'm actually really proud. I know I made a lot of mistakes, but they, in turn, were my life lessons. Drew Barrymore
Follow me on Twitter, Discord and Instagram

2020-04-11 15:33:44

If I remember, the money you have on hand is the money you have in the bank. I could be wrong though.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-04-11 15:35:36

suggestion
there should be a custom goal option
like you set the amount of days and your goal, that can be a good feature to have

2020-04-11 17:07:37

cool game!
suggestion:
if be add option keys, it is very good.
mean if we want to know how many lemons, sugar bags, we press the keys on anywhere instead of check our invitory.

2020-04-11 19:42:52 (edited by Jeffb 2020-04-11 20:20:16)

Awesome game! I have some ideas. It be cool if you could set up a deal 2 for 1 price for example. It be nice to get better feedback from custamers. Some times they say to sweet, or sour but foul just tells me it's bad. Or perhaps the ability to try your lemonade before selling? Just a thought.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2020-04-11 21:10:36

hello, can some one make an audio revew for this game?
thanks

2020-04-11 22:13:35

here are a few suggestion.
1. diffrent ambience for the location.
2. a sound when you make a new barrel of lemonate, it will be nice if you can put in a fresh, icey umm kind of sounds, how do I put it, lol I think you are understand.
3. marketing target base  on the events, maybe if it's like, an event for children you have to adjust your recepy a little, kids love sweet stuff, yeah? also you cannot sell the lemonate with high price. same goes to adult target, maybe they prefer diffrent taste?
4. this one might be too far, but, will be nice if you could somehow upgrade your stand, I don't have idea though what upgrade we could have.
5. last one for now, maybe you could have a farm where you can plan lemons, you can harvest them in like 3 or 4 days maybe.

2020-04-11 22:51:18

A lemon farm would be cool., all though i feel like we would need more longterm game options for that. It would be awsome to have my lemonaid turn into a snackstand, and then evenchually that turns into a million dollar enterprize. lol

Who am I? Simply me!

2020-04-12 23:06:03

Loving the suggestions. First 2 to be implemented in the next release wil be keyboard text entry mode and first letter navigation in the shop menus. Then, I wish to add some more details to the npc customers. Remember, What one customer finds foul, another might find perfect. Taste is relative, but it is not random, there is a method to the madness! Oh, btw, Happy Easter Everyone!!

2020-04-14 02:10:14

Hello again everyone, Cerulean Blue here with some exciting news!
The Little Boss is back in a new version of little boss's lemonade stand.
This version includes some neat new features, suggested by you, the readers of this forum topic!
So, Cerulean, What's new in the update you ask? well, read on dear gamer, read on!
1 a text entry mode, which will allow you to type input instead of scroll through the alphabet or number line.
2 a custom goal option has been added.
3 You can now checkout from the main part of the shopping menu.
4 on easy mode, customers will give you more detail on the taste of your lemonade.
5 some bugs were found and squashed, making your gameplay more enjoyable.
6 some ugly output was cleaned up to make listening easier on the ears.
7 The help file was also updated.
One important note, save files before version 0.6.0 will not work with this version.
Head on over to https://ceruleanbluesoftware.com/downloads.php and pick yourself up a new copy and get your lemonade on!
I hope you all enjoy this updated version. As always, your feedback is appreciated.
-Cerulean
P.s. I am still working on first letter navigation!!