2020-02-21 10:05:24

We at Wanderword are immensely happy to hear that the people who played our demo is enjoying the game!

The Cursed Painting has been sent to certification and we're aiming for beta testing to start in a couple of days. There are still some tweaks we have to make, mostly with the narrator, as well as put our ideas for the expansions into actual code.
But the full release is getting closer and closer everyday and we all hope you're going to enjoy it even more than the demo!

Best,
The Cursed Painting team

2020-02-25 11:34:54

We are soon going to start Beta testing and are therefore looking for people willing to experience the full version of Cursed Painting!
If you, or someone you now, are interested, please visit the link below.
https://www.wanderword.net/beta

Best,
The Cursed Painting team

2020-03-03 21:22:38

Okay so first off, you have a child narrator voice? Text to speech?? Great game, and great concept. But that voice, oh that voice, aaaaaaa!

2020-03-03 23:58:11

@3

I think you're the only person who isn't a fan of the younger voice. I think they chose it , as it helps with people to hear the narrator better.
@Wanderword, feel free to correct me if I misspoke.

2020-03-04 11:32:53

The Storyteller is, yes, a text to speech voice. The adult voices are as easy to hear as the child voices, however we chose a child as it suited the type of vibe we were aiming for.

/Cornelia
Wanderword

2020-03-13 15:28:13

Everyone, big news!
We have now officially sent out game keys to everyone that signed up for Beta testing in the previous weeks. If the e-mail address you used to sign up is not the one paired to your Amazon account, please contact us  at [email protected] and we will make sure you too get a key.

/Cornelia
Wanderword

2020-03-18 15:29:23

Hello everyone!

Due to problems with Amazon and the beta for Cursed Painting, we've decided to temporarily shut down the beta. Everyone who is a tester will get a new key to a more functioning version once we've figured this all out. We're working as hard and fast as we can!
In the meantime, feel free to email us at [email protected] with any critique you might have about the game so far.
Thank you for your patience.

/Cornelia
Wanderword

2020-03-19 14:18:55

best of luck to you wonderword: I hope you make it a very good game; +I playd the demmo and it looks to be ausom

my new youtube channel. click subscribe if you like my stuff
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzL-l8 … YCkjOm3FIg

2020-03-19 17:00:35 (edited by Wanderword 2020-03-19 17:17:07)

A new version of the beta has been sent out to all testers, with the new trigger word being "open Cursed Painting Beta". Remember to answer "yes" when asked about the subscription; no money will be drawn from your account.
The email is still open for any feedback, as well as here on the forum.

/Cornelia
Wanderword

2020-04-02 14:19:32

Hello everyone!
Cursed Painting has now been officially certified by Amazon. We're still in talks with the Alexa Team about a firm release date, but you can expect the full version to be released next week.
The email [email protected] will still be open to any and all queries about Cursed Painting as well as bug-findings inside the beta version.

/Cornelia
Wanderword

2020-04-09 14:09:31 (edited by Wanderword 2020-04-09 14:09:45)

The Cursed Paintings is now officially live on the Amazon Alexa!
If you have yet to enable the skill, here is the link: https://www.amazon.com/Wanderword-Curse … B0833DJ4TD

If you want to know more about the game you can visit the website below.
http://cursedpainting.com/

/Cornelia
Wanderword

2020-05-11 16:02:58

Everyone!
The first expansion is now live. You will have to have found the painting and defeated the last enemy, to be able to trigger the new mission. Simply go to the town center and the dialog should start. If you're already at town when booting up the game, enter the shop, pub or forest before going back to trigger the interaction.

Spoilers for the main quest in the expansion summary below:
As the townspeople are absorbing the events that happened, they are slowly returning to the life that they are accustomed to. However, as with every big event, some changes are bound to happen. With the old mayor gone, a new relationship surfaces, and with that, a new quest for the hero. The new mayor has gotten reports of activity coming from an abandoned monastery with an unknown history situated on the outskirts of town. With the recent incident and the hero’s gallant triumph in mind, he tasks the hero to swiftly investigate the site to find out what is happening at the location.

/Cornelia
Wanderword