2020-04-05 14:02:07

It isn't just the lungs. There have been cases where it has affected and damaged the brain, and several other organ systems as well.

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

2020-04-05 20:10:46

Well, this officially sucks. My friend's mom passed away from it last night. This is going to be the point in history that defines this generation.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2020-04-06 09:08:06 (edited by Green Gables Fan 2020-04-06 10:11:41)

I'm just now seeing this topic. I highly doubt that the virus will mark the end of human civilisation, at least not yet. But I do think it'll be a fair warning to people for not paying attention to how easily and quickly the human race can be wiped out due to biowarfare, massive technological failure, or something else entirely. This article gives some pretty good ideas of what futurologists and other apocalyptic survivalists are considering. The planet will remain here regardless, but we will simply vanish with a fresh opportunity for new creatures to evolve and start anew.
We've gone through a similar pandemic in 1918, and a lot more people died from it, but still many survived. Then there was the H1M1 pandemic of 2009, but it didn't require us to socially distance as with the SARS-CoV2 that leads to COVID19.
I was actually reading some stuff on the internet about how you could get tested, which would also include a serological test after you've already dealt with the virus to see if you were immune to it. This gave me an idea. What if we could draw some vials of our own blood, expose the white blood cells to the virus, let it develop antibodies, and then inject those antibodies into our own bodies, so that we could theoretically develop immunity to the virus right away? That sort of thing could also help people who are already fighting the virus, or maybe for vaccines in general.
Many scientists are rushing to develop several prototypes while we sit here, playing wack a mole with the viruss. It is hard to imagine that just a month or two ago, it was practically non-existant, and then a few days later, it rapidly became widespread.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2020-04-06 12:01:13 (edited by aryamansingh 2020-04-06 12:03:53)

world is heading towards an inevitable destruction because of coronavirus
and people are also adding some humer elements amidst the fear caused due to coronavirus
namely, two mothers that have given birth to a child have named their children lockdown and covid respectively this has happened in India.
and I find it funny

want peace to be there everywhere around the world also I want an immediate sollution to be given for this war so that the bloodshed could be ended. live peacefully, let others also live peacefully

2020-04-06 18:39:35

The world is not going to end because of Covid-19.

Discord: clemchowder633

2020-04-06 19:02:19

Mothers naming their kids to mark a significant point of history is not an uncommon thing. It is a common technique used to mark those times long before we had the technology to record history. There was a mother who named her daughter tsunami because one was happening as she was giving birth. All of my sister's kids are named after important people working for the state who are now in the public eye but will probably fade to obscurity 50 years from now, but 50 years later people will be able to look at my niece and say, oh, she has the same name as the spokeswoman for our city.

2020-04-07 10:43:56

I didn't know that people can use names to record history

want peace to be there everywhere around the world also I want an immediate sollution to be given for this war so that the bloodshed could be ended. live peacefully, let others also live peacefully

2020-04-07 22:45:20

People can use names to do all sorts of things. And the notion that the Corona virus will end us is absolutely bogus and unfounded.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-04-07 22:46:13

Maybe if I was in a country like the US or Italy I'd be more scared, or have a simular tone to Amirumansingh, but I don't

_____

2020-04-07 23:59:35

Honestly there are places with worse hygienic practices than the states. Ive been to places where private bathrooms make the public ones look like royal lodgings, where people mock you for not just dropping their pooor excuses for napkins, and the bones of a meal, or the sshells of a fried sunflower seed that you just slobbered all over  on the floor, when all you're trying to do is not litter, where it is culturally ok to cough and sneeze without covering up. I am more scared for those areas, but hopefully this is a wakeup call for people all over the world to be more mindful of what they do with their junk.

2020-04-08 00:01:57

I don't know. Ever since I made sure to wash my hands for at least 45 seconds. 25 If I'm in a hurry. People around me were generally slobs, but my parents took extra care to make sure my brother and I had hygenic practices. I just went a little overboard, as I usually do.

_____

2020-04-08 09:22:05

hi guys a big news:
usa has stopped world health organisation's funding for hiding the truth of coronavirus being a contagious disease
now uk and european union are also expected to do the same.
what are your views on this? please share

2020-04-08 13:18:50

Can you explain what you mean by that? I'm confused.

_____

2020-04-08 13:51:02

45 seconds is insane dude

2020-04-08 16:18:02

I didn't get what @462 saying.

2020-04-08 17:02:53

I am saying that the fund which different counties give to world health organisation so that it can use those funds for emergency situations so usa has decided not to contribute in the world health organistation fund because world health organisation untill middle of january was saying that coronavirus does not spread from human to human
now uk and europe have also decided not to give money to world health organisation and to punnish the organisation for hiding the information related to coronavirus
now am I clear?

2020-04-08 17:16:14

So basically what you're saying is, America and Europe are punishing the organisation that's tasked with insuring the health of the entire world, because they said its not transmitted person to  person, even though if memory surves me right they're Americans and Euros working on that team? Is that what you're sayinng? And what you're also telling me is even though it was known that the Corona Virus could spread that America didn't know? I have some research to do

_____

2020-04-08 17:27:38

Cursory research turns up this link:

https://www.statnews.com/2020/04/07/tru … o-funding/

After reading what was written there, and cross-referencing via a few other sources, what it sounds like is that Trump is pissed off that the World Health Organization criticized U.S. policy, so he decided to put a hold on WHO funding, at least for the moment.

I want to clap in glee because this man just torched his re-election chances - unless Americans really are braindead - but there's one huge reason that I'm not doing so. And it's simple. The WHO has been doing its best, while strapped for cash, to organize a response to this pandemic. Yanking money from them is probably going to cost lives. I'm not saying the pandemic will go crazy, and obviously the WHO does not control individuals themselves. But why anyone would take funding away from an organization intended to help during a pandemic, while a pandemic is ongoing, boggles my mind.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2020-04-08 17:52:18

I agree. The virus will supposedly peek in the next two or so weeks, then the curve will begin to flatten. In the US, at any rate. That's if people don't fuck everything up.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2020-04-10 11:37:25

hi a bad news
in India, coronavirus caseshave risen to 6412
I am really worried about the situation getting verse in my country

2020-04-10 17:17:10

hi guys a braking news:
I heard that in israil 9500 cases of coronavirus have been registered

2020-04-10 17:35:14

What's the mortality rate?

_____

2020-04-10 19:00:17

I am not aware of that as yet

2020-04-10 22:53:13

Well, you should be only worried about the mortality rate

_____

2020-04-11 00:54:23

What about people having some kind of sequelae after recovering? Especially the lungs will be affected.

Yamaha YM2608

YOU
SAY! - Sonic the Hedgehog CD (Dec 4, 1992 prototype)