2020-03-31 19:34:30

Hey.
I downloaded a windows 7 virtual machine from that forum, but i don't know how to use it.
I searched for it and found a program called virtual box. Before installing that program, i want to ask a few questions.
Is the virtual machine similar to a windows server?
It's ports are open, and can people use the same virtual machine?
Thanks.

2020-03-31 21:03:20 (edited by Brynify 2020-03-31 21:03:37)

Hi Makenan,

In order to use the virtual machine posted in that topic, you must use either VMWare Workstation Player or VMWare Workstation itself on windows, or VMWare fusion on mac. The virtual machine is usable without needing to connect to it, it runs on your hardware and sends audio directly to your own soundcard. Once you boot the VM, you can press control G to send your keyboard input to the machine, and control alt to release it. Yes, that's literally the control and alt keys together, with no other keys added.

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!
Follow on twitter! @ItsBrynify
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: brynify.me

2020-03-31 21:05:38

So are the ports of the virtual machine open?

2020-03-31 21:10:39

Hi Makenan,

No, the ports of the virtual machine are not open by default. The network mode it uses by is NAT, network address translation, which means that you'd have to pass ports through manually or switch to a different network mode. I have no experience with this so would be unable to help with it.

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!
Follow on twitter! @ItsBrynify
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: brynify.me

2020-03-31 21:47:22

Mason's back!

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-03-31 21:56:22

Hi.
When i press play virtual machine on VMWare player, i got that error
Error while powering on: This host supports Intel VT-x, but Intel VT-x is disabled.

Intel VT-x might be disabled if it has been disabled in the BIOS/firmware settings or the host has not been power-cycled since changing this setting.

(1) Verify that the BIOS/firmware settings enable Intel VT-x and disable 'trusted execution.'

(2) Power-cycle the host if either of these BIOS/firmware settings have been changed.

(3) Power-cycle the host if you have not done so since installing VMware Player.

(4) Update the host's BIOS/firmware to the latest version.

This host does not support "Intel EPT" hardware assisted MMU virtualization.

Module 'CPUIDEarly' power on failed.

Failed to start the virtual machine.

2020-03-31 22:00:57

6, it means that your proccessers doe not support the VM.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-03-31 22:11:04

hay mason. sup?

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2020-03-31 22:25:43

Ok, post 6, just restart your pc and see if it works.
If not, get help from a sighted person and prepare to do something in the bios, I don't know exactly how you should do that because I didn't have that problem, but you will have to enable virtualization.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!