2020-03-30 04:54:45

So, I'm having a bit of a sound issue on my laptop. And with the current Corona epidemic, it's not that I can go to a repair shop very easily.

The oddity I'm having started when I moved my laptop onto another table. Suddenly, the sound dimmed quickly, and sound was only playing in the left earbud, and really quietly. Windows was not recognizing anything was plugged into the headphone jack, despite you know, sound somewhat going to it.

After a few failed tries, I manage to fiddle with the Realtech audio manager and sliding one of the sliders returns sound to somewhat normalcy when it was shifted from 50. It was the first of the 3 sliders. Sliding it back to 50 reverts everything back to the one headphone speaking really softly issue.

However, my computer is still not detecting the headphones as actually plugged in. Running the troubleshooter shows that it's marking a headphone/audio device not being plugged in. As well, I'm noticing that it takes the headphones about 3-5 seconds before sound is shifted to the headphones. Lastly, I sometimes get an annoying crackling sound, though I'm starting to think that's NVDA needing to be rebooted.

Right, this'll do for now until everything is back to normal world wise. but I'm curious if anyone might have any suggestions on what may of happened to my headphones. They work on other devices. I'm just hoping I didn't somehow crack/break the headjack or audioboard within. Though if that was the case, these headphones would not have worked at all. I'm more thinking maybe I pressed something on the side of this laptop without noticing it when moving tables.

The answer to your question is forum.audiogames.net/search

2020-03-30 11:29:24

dont you have an other headphones that you can try on your phhone?

2020-03-30 19:05:52

Not at the moment. Would need to go and buy another pair to check later. However, this pair works perfectly fine on my phone. It just began to act weird on the laptop itself.

Again, it's working now, despite the fact it's pretending to say headphoens are not plugged in. Hoin that doesn't manifest as anything more serious. Still confused how the heck I caused it to act weird when I moved the laptop.

2020-03-31 17:37:55

Great, this quarantine is doing me no favors. Here's to hoping this darn thing holds out for another month until I can get both laptops checked out. However, if the problem is what I think it is, I'm going to be slightly annoyed, as this marks the second them the components behind a headjack broke. At least it didn't completely fail from existance like the last time.

I guess alternatives I can try if supermarket sell them are bluetooth or usb headsets. It's not like I'm using my usb port for much. For bluetooth, as neat as wireless headsets are, that annoying battery charge tongue.

...And by supermarkets, I mean Amazon. Anyone suggest any useful USB/Bluetooth headsets?