2020-03-26 16:41:05

Hi.
I recently quit playing a tempest season because of a very snobby elitist class, and need a new mud to play, especially with how the world is right now.
Qualities I'm looking for is:
A unique and interesting set of races / classes, or perhaps I should say various ways to play the game.
A decently sized playerbase.
RP opertunities - no 500 pages of written lore about your character, but a world that prefers rp to non rp.
Obviously somewhat accessible, or with a staff who's active and working on accessibility.
Other good qualities are just a bonus but will not be the determining factor if I like a mud or not.
BTW, while I was playing a tempest season I was making a sound pack for it but I deleted all my script files for it. I'm just saying if there's a mud I like and play a lot I will probably create a miner sound pack for it.
Cheers ya all, and stay safe out there!

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2020-03-26 22:23:24

unofficial squaresoft maybe?

2020-03-29 11:53:59

I tried it this morning. Haha what a garbage interpretor, and only 5 players online. No thanks.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube

2020-03-29 13:41:09

what about cosmic rage? 6 playable races, helpful staff, etc. less you've already tried that one.

my discord: gamer20#7735
my keybase, note you will need the keybase mac, linux, or windows client to access it: k:\public\theblindgamer50
if you also wish to contact me on telegram, you can do so by going to this link: http://t.me/theblindgamer50
have a nice day!

2020-03-29 13:47:31

hmm? what do you mean by garbage interpretor? are you refering to the commands? it is Lp mud so... yeah I don't like that kind of command eather, but I made an exceptions for a few lp base mud. you have to setup a lot of alias for sure, but try to dive in some more, there are plenty of things to do. I am not a mager fan of the mud but it is one of my top 10. if you stuck and don't know where to level, there is always the unlimited deep dungeon  to tackle which is my favorite feature of this mud.

2020-03-29 14:26:20

I'm going to suggest miriani, purely because you can choose your "play style" and while it doesn't have races as such you are not really limited by what you can do. It also has rp and events are increasing in frequency.
It's also not as some people say completely trash or unfriendly (those people played years ago and have no clue what they're on about)

But sometimes the world is better without sight...
Because You can see the world how it really is...
Dark.

2020-03-29 14:37:56 (edited by moaddye 2020-03-29 14:38:31)

Cosmic rage Has 6 races, ok rp, several planets, the ability to build your own things such as a vehicle, starship, or factory, etcetera. It also has helpful staff, and several commands to ask hosts about something, suggest ideas, or report bugs. It also has a medium playerbase, with many newbie helpers and players willing to help you ic or ooc.

You see a signature that is 800 characters and 8 lines long. You quickly report it to the administrators

2020-03-29 18:30:17

Your answer here is clokmud! Yes! Because it has a soundpack, and the RP is very intense. I personally love it! The players? Well, there is usually up to 20 players, and probably more sometimes. Helpful people, whether they are staff or not, and a lot of fun, varieties of activities to get money and shape your character

I choose to be happy

2020-03-29 19:37:56

try meriany

2020-03-30 08:02:35

you know, I might try cosmicrage again. I couldn't really get the hang of it, but ya know, it was like the first MUD I ever played. Perhaps I should give it anoter go.

2020-03-30 17:27:48 (edited by LordLundin 2020-03-30 17:28:12)

Here are the problems with all these muds mentioned:

Squaresoft
In all the muds I have played throughout the years, from those just started to well-established ones with decades under their belt, I have never come across one with such a horrible interpretor as squaresoft. I used to play it back in the days but came back to try it ones more, and whilst trudging through the tutorial, I realized 2 things: 1. the damned thing seems to not have been updated since I left. 2: the commands are still horrible. Not only do you have to set aliases for all your skills, but commands like gos for gossip does not work. Furthermore, one inconvenience noticed right away is how you unequip everything when you log off. Also why aren't the stats more readable on score? I thought I had blind turned on? No separate command for hp and mp? Just a lot of things that nagged me.

Cosmic Rage
I actually played this one extensively and enjoyed it, though the races doesn't really  change the gameplay. I think if I were to play a mud again this would probably be the one, but I've heard things about how both ground combat and space battle is really messed up.

Miriani
Fuck the space combat in that game. It would go from being the decisive factor in not playing it to just an annoyance to overcome if Miriani wasn't just another space moo. Their anal policies has me very turned off to.

Clokmud, really bro?
It is such an open end do whatever the fuck you like, I don't even. I suppose the lag is still there? Horrible navigation system too I might add.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube

2020-03-30 18:44:27

mostly agree, that's my problem as well with squaresoft and lp base muds, alias is easy to setup though, you might enjoy it if you look pass that issues. to be honest if you looking for a  complex mud, they are mostly build on LP or custom engine, lost soul, for example. look at most diku base mud, same thing over and over, no matter diku custom 100000% this ,diku custom that, same class, same skill, Warrior always gets bash and kick, for example, lol, pritty generic description, too. although empire mud was pritty good.
Cosmic Rage, got myself to level 1800 and pritty much done with it. Miriani, well I am liking it so far, but need to find more time to play.
Here are others that might interest you:
Flexible survival, Asteria, Cleft of Dimensions, hmm what else...
And no, clock isn't that lag anymore.

2020-03-30 19:14:00

I just have to 1 up Clok mud just for the irony of playing a game within a quarantine while in a real life quarantine. I haven't noticed the lag mentioned that once existed in the past. Though I do admit the movement rt walking in the wilderness might annoy some. Though a horse tends to reduce that to nearly nothing once that's purchased.

For Squaresoft, I do have to admit the command structure is really weird with the use syntaxes. That just makes aliases mandatory to not go insane. That's not really a good thing. THough, when I logged back in, I did notice they redesigned some zones, and have a new lunar invasion features. Now if I didn't get the sense I flubbed my melee character to require a lot of work to fix.

The answer to your question is forum.audiogames.net/search

2020-03-31 19:54:38

@11, I'd be curious to know what specifically you dislike about miriani's space combat system? I personally rather like it, it's a lot better than the one in CR, TBH anything is better than the one in CR lol. Combat is only one small part of the game as well, their are plenty of other things you can do. As for the policies, they're quite fair in my opinion.
One thing to note, when playing miriani, always use the soundpack. And I mean the oficial soundpack. You'll find it very very hard to play otherwise.

2020-03-31 20:48:40

My big problem with Squaresoft is that when you get to level, say, 25 or so, and you go through the Chrono Trigger story, you find that bike dude. And he tells you to kill over 9000 robots. What? Over 9000? This machine must be malfunctioning! Yeah, more like 90 or so. Lol. But yeah, you go all down that road, killing bots, and you get to the end, and… Oh hey, um, there's like, 10 more to kill but… They're not there. So you look around, no bots. So you ask on chat, and it turns out that you have to just wait for the mobs to respawn in order to kill more of them because what kind of an end to a quest would it be if you could actually end it in one go? But don't worry, there are like, five other worlds to explore hehe, you won't get bored here…

My main problem with all that is that if you are focused on an objective, like killing all 90 of those bots because an arbitrarily large number is a great way to waste a person's time enough for it to feel like a good quest or mission. And don't think about how there is no other story content going on while you kill and kill and wait, just make this counter reach 90! Right meow! Oh, you ran out of enemies? Well hurry up and wait!

Ugh, I can't wait until End of time:

http://eotmud.com

is fully accessible, the overworked map still needs work. I hope it feels more fully fleshed out and professional than a lot of other MUD's I've played so far. Still gotta try Erion though. Maybe that one will be good enough.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2020-03-31 21:01:38

Similar to a MUD but more advanced is Ruler of Kings II Text RPG, however it is mostly based on character building so it is important to immerse yourself in the text rather simply thinking about 'going left', 'go right', etc.

2020-04-01 03:35:29

that end of time honestly sounds cool. is there something that make it better then UOSS? if you can pass those issues in UOSS as I said and turn it to your second nature the game is actualy nice. Deep dungeon, battle arenas, chocobo race, raids, and the furshop thing, also I like the fact that you can beat high level enemy if you know the trick.

2020-04-01 14:42:45

Regarding UossMud:
Its RP is basically nonexistent and its players base is fairly small.
But its interpreter is pretty bog standard. It's not a diku-style interpreter where you can shorten everything, but take it from me when I say that you wouldn't take long getting used to it. All your fight commands should be aliased anyway, since they're multi-word and specific.
I agree re: sometimes you are asked to kill x mobs in an area, and only get 1/4x mobs in the area itself. That does bug me a bit. But to say there's nothing else to do when this is going on is ridiculous. Every area of the game, even FF5, has areas to fight in for virtually all levels. Repops are usually under twenty minutes for lower level areas, and under an hour for higher ones. I have a level 58 character right now, and I've also got a level 100 legend, and I can say that the game is indeed being updated, and there are virtually always other missions to do. Use the wiki. it's not as bad as you make it seem.
That said, the game's got its issues, for sure. It can be hard, and you've got to be quick. there's a sound pack, but it's honestly...not all that good. Dying hurts. A lot. And you will die at some point.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2020-04-01 15:56:09

sorry that a little off topic but what address and ports does mad end of timesorry that a little off topic but what address and ports does mad end of time

2020-04-01 17:17:26

Jayde, I didn't know about the FF5 area, I'll take a look again. Really, when I complain about something, it usually means I want to love it so badly, but there's either things, like that FF5 area, that I don't know about, or that I see so much good in it. Believe me, I spent, like, maybe a week on UOSS, and loved my time there, just so many mobs to kill and that's it, and that's what, it felt like, so many missions were. That said, I'll definitely try it again. I just hope I can remember all the aliases I set up for it, lol.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2020-04-01 18:31:56

you can simpley check your list of alias in the alias menu big_smile

2020-04-01 18:45:13

Baaah, I really need to find the will to think of what to do with my more melee oriented character on uoss. The random number god was not kind to his level ups and his strength feels far lower than it should be. I tried berserker for a good 18 job levels, but the style feels a bit annoying after some changes to the job from where i last played, and there's other options that also look interesting to pair up.

Compared to that, my mage character is trucking along alright. Wisdom is at a healthy point, with the only future pain being figuring out how to take out the sorceror boss to get said class to pair with red mage. Though, after not playing for a bit, I'm needed to relearn the cooldowns and timings of some of my red-mage skills. Oops.

The answer to your question is forum.audiogames.net/search

2020-04-01 19:31:34

Well, I don't know what it looks like now, but the sorcerer, cleric, holyknight and darkknight jobs are now locked behind missions instead of quests, so I'm not entirely sure if everything is the same or not.
My mec has gone wis AoE with Maelstrom, and it's crazy.

2020-04-01 20:32:36

I had a, um, ... priest? ... Ah, some job where you could open pits that swallow your opponent, cause storms to pelt your opponent, stuff like that. It was fun for a while. Still gotta download the pack and play again, but I definitely will before next week, lol. I was like near level 30 or so.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2020-04-01 23:00:32

That sounds like you're describing geomancer, but you were a priest when I saw you on earlier.