2020-03-21 00:04:47 (edited by Dan Gero 2021-10-03 03:01:38)

Latest Update

I decided to start a new gimmick on my channel which I'm going to dub "Ultra-Hard Mode". The long and short of it is, I'm going to be playing games, but I'm also going to make these games as hard as I can for myself. Not impossible mind you, just really difficult. For life reasons I can't promise a constant schedule for these videos, but I thought it'd be something nice and fun for me to do once in a while. This first Ultra-Hard Mode video is going to be A Hero's Call.

Past Update #2

Man oh man, it's been a long time. I've drastically changed this first post. Here's a list of updates for you.

• If you want to view my channel and Discord links, I'm using headings now so you can jump to specific parts. If I can arrange this post better BTW, please do let me know.

• I decided to stick with my personal YouTube channel, because why not? After all, it's served me well over the years, and I like to talk about more than just games. BTW admins, is it alright if I ask you to move this topic to the Off Topic Room, since it's concerning my YouTube channel in general now?

• My fundraiser for learning Japanese has enabled me to participate in the fluent in 3 months challenge. For those who don't know about this challenge, think of it like a training center, except it's about language learning, it's online, and it doesn't require you to wear blindfolds or even step outside your house. (LOL sorry NCBVI, just joking. I love yawl up west, you're good peoples.)
    It's pretty intense, but from my research I've been told that it is a good course. Even people who criticized some aspects of the course did so constructively and didn't tell people not to sign up, and there was only 1 or 2 people who had some criticism. They've got a metric ton of resources, several coaches who are willing to help you out and answer your questions, and a community of fellow language learners who are exactly where you are in their own language learning journeys. While the course is tough and they'll be expecting a lot from me, they're very supportive, and with the additional support of my fellow language learners, I am confident it'll be worth the money spent. I also have experience with training courses thanks to the center I went to a couple years back, so while I know this is going to be tough, I am fully convinced this will be worth it.
    I'll give a link to the website, but keep in mind that at the time of this update (September 6, 2021) registration is closed. If you want to be put on the waiting list though, just read the information on the website and it'll tell you everything you need to know. With that, HERE'S THE LINK TO THE FLUENT IN 3 MONTHS WEBSITE.
    To the point of this list item though, part of the challenge is that you'll be able to have a 15 minute conversation by the end of your 3 months. During the challenge though, they want you to send them videos of how you're doing on day 1, 30, 60, and finally 90. They have you do this so you can show the community your progress. A huge part of this challenge is holding yourself accountable to your goal and making sure you don't slack off. For this reason, I'm uploading these videos to my YouTube channel so y'all will get to see my progress as well. HERE'S THE LINK TO MY PLAYLIST, but please do remember that I'm not detailing the challenge itself. I'm only showing off my progress here. I strongly recommend you read the website if you want to know everything this challenge entails.

In case I haven't made this clear enough, I want to take the time to thank you all for your support during my language learning venture and listening to my YouTube content over the years. There are no words that could accurately describe how grateful I am to have people encouraging and supporting me, and I'll never be able to thank you enough. There's no feeling quite like having a voice and people who like to hear what you have to say, and I'm glad to have had that chance. I know I can be a pain in the ass sometimes, but I'm glad there are people who can see through that and appreciate my content and my ambitions. Seriously, thank you so much.
OK, I'm going to end this update here before I sap everyone to death. big_smile

Past Update #1

Oh boy, it's been a while. First update for the day, I decided to make a dedicated channel for gaming. I can't move my videos to it given the amount of videos that I already have, so they'll remain on my personal YouTube channel for you guys to check out. However, I've updated the link in the first post to show the new channel. Unfortunately, it'll be some time before I can start streaming again because of my computer problems, so I'll have to wait until I get a new computer. Anyways, those are all the updates for now.

Channel History

I used to play games every Friday on my personal YouTube channel. At some point, I wanted to make a channel specifically for gaming. I wanted to name that channel something that was easier to find. Here's a list of the channel names I tried.

• Whoturnedoutthelights".
    This was the original name for my channel. Unfortunately, I found out a bit too late that there were a long list of YouTubers with that catch fraise so my channel was hard to find. I also got my account suspended, and I suspected this was the reason.

• Extradarkgaming
    I liked this name, because it seemed like a pretty good pun about my blindness. In retrospect, it kind of sucked. I figured that if anyone was to take this name, it would be a YouTuber. Thus, I only searched for this name on YouTube. That was my second mistake, because if I had searched Google as well, I probably would have seen that name was taken. Bye bye channel.

• Invisiblelids
    Given how I am both blind and literally do not have eyelids, I planned on settling with this channel name. This time, I searched Google, YouTube, and Duckduckgo to see if this name was taken. I didn't see Invisible Lids anywhere, so I decided I was going to stick with it. Turns out though, it was taken even though I couldn't find it, and my channel got the boot a third time.

It's also worth pointing out that YouTube lets you create a channel name even if the name is already taken and they let you stay up for several hours before giving you the ban hammer. They won't explain why you got banned, they won't give you the chance to change your channel name, and they won't let you delete the banned channel. Yay Google, am I write? tongue I've decided to just stick with my personal channel now, which is good, because I'm not just a gamer and I like to do other things as well. I also don't have time to manage several channels at once anymore either.

My Channel Info and Other Links

HERE'S THE LINK TO MY CHANNEL if you guys are interested in listening. I use Restream Bot to synchronize YouTube/Twitch/Discord chats, which means that you don't have to join MY DISCORD SERVER if you'd prefer not to deal with Discord or you just want to listen and maybe chat every once in a while. This allows me to stream to Twitch and YouTube at the same time as well which is great. It would make me a happy YouTuber if you join my Discord, but I won't force it on anyone by any means. If you'd like to join my Discord server though, I linked to it above. I know some sighted people have issues reading links, because PunBB/PanBB makes them the same color as the text around them. To help with this, I'll make the link all caps.
If you're a member of my Discord server and I'm playing an online game, I like to invite you to come into the voice channel with me. If you want to join the voice channel, post your username or nick name for that particular game in the Discord chat.
Oh, one more thing. Here's my Twitch
Enjoy!

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2020-03-21 18:38:24

Hey guys. I figured I'd give you updates on what happened after every stream so you can determine if you'd like to listen to that stream. I'll also be using this topic as a means to give general updates on the way I'm structuring things and the like.
The first thing I decided to do was delete the post talking about Discord, and just merge it with the first post. I'm going to post updates in this topic every week, so there's already going to be a lot of posts here. May as well try to minimize that.
When I do an update, I'm going to make a post in this topic, as well as update the first post with the latest updates I make.
This stream was actually lots of fun. I messed up by having the wrong title and privacy settings for the video, so I actually had to go in and fix all of that 20-30 minutes into the stream. It took us a while to really get started, but when we finally did get things working the stream essentially hit the ground running. I think this was the funnest stream I've ever done on my YouTube channel to date. We all had lots of fun, and I hope you guys enjoy listening to it just as much as we enjoyed doing it.

TWITCH

2020-03-22 00:47:53

Hi, to make chat read just open your dashboard in google chrome, and download the Youtube chats tts google chrome extention.

Feel free to follow me on Twitter @thecoolgamer4 and subscribe to my Youtube channel

2020-03-22 01:16:18

I have that extension; the issue with that is that I can't get my web browser to output through my mixer, so I would have to read out the messages my speech says anyway which would be kind of counterproductive. Plus, we like to bring in people who are playing with us live. I'd like to see if maybe I can intigrate YouTube chat and Discord somehow.

TWITCH

2020-03-22 02:10:26

I'll check your channel out..

2020-03-22 02:15:13

Well, I just listened to your streams, all of them.
I liked your showline full playthrough though eventually you and criss should do the afterstory.
I didn't care much for stw but I did like the undead assault stream a lot.
I have not yet used dischord but how accessible is it on the pc and how do you use it.
I have got myself on unigram and zoom so far but not used them extensively.
As this virus continues to continue to advance, I continue to advance my skill level.

2020-03-27 23:54:44 (edited by Dan Gero 2020-03-28 02:03:17)

What's up guys? We're playing Crazy Party this week, and we've got Angie playing with us this time because she got herself a computer. This should be fun! Here's the link to the stream.

TWITCH

2020-03-29 02:38:29 (edited by Dan Gero 2020-03-29 02:42:47)

The stream was decent, considering all the issues that came up. My computer blue screened right after I started the stream, forcing me to bring it back again. Stephy was also having internet issues, which is always lovely. Basically, a lot of things can go wrong while going live, and this stream showcased this fact very well. Because of my blue screen issues, the stream was divided into 2 parts. If anyone can tell me how to merge these together, please do let me know. Until then, here are the first and second parts. I hope nobody gets frustrated with us for this stream; a lot of the issues we were having were completely out of our control. I hope that despite the issues we did have, you guys can enjoy the rest of the stream.

TWITCH

2020-03-29 07:04:16

hay, will check this out

“The fear of loss is a path to the dark side. Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealousy.
The shadow of greed that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.” —

2020-04-04 01:59:35

Hey guys! We're live with Crazy Party!

TWITCH

2020-04-10 21:57:22 (edited by Dan Gero 2020-04-10 21:58:44)

I apologize for not being available to update you guys with how the video went last time. Unfortunately, I had another blue screen moment, right in the middle of a Crazy Party battle. This stream was a bit slow, but there were some funny and interesting parts. Unfortunately, I will not be able to play GTA this week. I had a blue screen while the game was opened, and now Steam doesn't think it's even on my computer at all because it keeps asking me to download it and install it. I'd have to remove GTA from my computer and redownload it, which I won't be able to do in time for the stream tonight. Also, do to some circumstances that have gone down involving my neighbors and my apartment maniger, I've had to change some things up regarding my stream. I've uploaded this video Which should explain everything that's going on in case you guys want to know. Hopefully I can come up with another game to fill the time slot tonight. See you guys then.

TWITCH

2020-04-11 01:52:01

If you want tts for your mixer. You can download vertual audio cable. Then get the google chrome output to the vac output then check the listen option under controlpannel.

My discord: the_real_amethyst
Join my accessible Pokémon discord server

2020-04-30 04:00:05

Oh boy, it's been a while. First update for the day, I decided to make a dedicated channel for gaming. I can't move my videos to it given the amount of videos that I already have, so they'll remain on my personal YouTube channel for you guys to check out. However, I've updated the link in the first post to show the new channel. Unfortunately, it'll be some time before I can start streaming again because of my computer problems, so I'll have to wait until I get a new computer. Anyways, those are all the updates for now.

TWITCH

2021-09-06 22:56:52

Hi everyone! It's been a while since I posted in this topic, but I figured I'd start again because I started doing things with my channel as of late. Here's a list of updates for you, taken strait from the new first post.

• If you want to view my channel and Discord links, I'm using headings now so you can jump to specific parts. If I can arrange the first post better BTW, please do let me know.

• I decided to stick with my personal YouTube channel, because why not? After all, it's served me well over the years, and I like to talk about more than just games. BTW admins, is it alright if I ask you to move this topic to the Off Topic Room, since it's concerning my YouTube channel in general now?

• My fundraiser for learning Japanese has enabled me to participate in the fluent in 3 months challenge. For those who don't know about this challenge, think of it like a training center, except it's about language learning, it's online, and it doesn't require you to wear blindfolds or even step outside your house. (LOL sorry NCBVI, just joking. I love yawl up west, you're good peoples.)
    It's pretty intense, but from my research I've been told that it is a good course. Even people who criticized some aspects of the course did so constructively and didn't tell people not to sign up, and there was only 1 or 2 people who had some criticism. They've got a metric ton of resources, several coaches who are willing to help you out and answer your questions, and a community of fellow language learners who are exactly where you are in their own language learning journeys. While the course is tough and they'll be expecting a lot from me, they're very supportive, and with the additional support of my fellow language learners, I am confident it'll be worth the money spent. I also have experience with training courses thanks to the center I went to a couple years back, so while I know this is going to be tough, I am fully convinced this will be worth it.
    I'll give a link to the website, but keep in mind that at the time of this update (September 6, 2021) registration is closed. If you want to be put on the waiting list though, just read the information on the website and it'll tell you everything you need to know. With that, HERE'S THE LINK TO THE FLUENT IN 3 MONTHS WEBSITE.
    To the point of this list item though, part of the challenge is that you'll be able to have a 15 minute conversation by the end of your 3 months. During the challenge though, they want you to send them videos of how you're doing on day 1, 30, 60, and finally 90. They have you do this so you can show the community your progress. A huge part of this challenge is holding yourself accountable to your goal and making sure you don't slack off. For this reason, I'm uploading these videos to my YouTube channel so y'all will get to see my progress as well. HERE'S THE LINK TO MY PLAYLIST, but please do remember that I'm not detailing the challenge itself. I'm only showing off my progress here. I strongly recommend you read the website if you want to know everything this challenge entails.

In case I haven't made this clear enough, I want to take the time to thank you all for your support during my language learning venture and listening to my YouTube content over the years. There are no words that could accurately describe how grateful I am to have people encouraging and supporting me, and I'll never be able to thank you enough. There's no feeling quite like having a voice and people who like to hear what you have to say, and I'm glad to have had that chance. I know I can be a pain in the ass sometimes, but I'm glad there are people who can see through that and appreciate my content and my ambitions. Seriously, thank you so much.
OK, I'm going to end this update here before I sap everyone to death. big_smile

TWITCH

2021-09-07 09:18:05

Quick question: Will there be new scambaiting videos too?

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2021-09-07 14:07:42

I'm sorry to say, but that's probably not likely. I stopped scambaiting a long time ago.

TWITCH

2021-10-03 02:57:19 (edited by Dan Gero 2021-10-03 03:02:12)

Alright, update time!
I decided to start a new gimmick on my channel which I'm going to dub "Ultra-Hard Mode". The long and short of it is, I'm going to be playing games, but I'm also going to make these games as hard as I can for myself. Not impossible mind you, just really difficult. For life reasons I can't promise a constant schedule for these videos, but I thought it'd be something nice and fun for me to do once in a while.
For this first Ultra-Hard Mode challenge, I want to play A Hero's Call. I have a plan on how I can make this difficult, but if you all can help me with adding additional challenges to this playthrough, I'd sure appreciate it. As it stands, I'm not sure I'm making this hard enough for myself. Please, whatever you do though, don't make this literally impossible for me to beat. The goal is to have a hard time, not an impossible time.
So obviously, I'll be playing on the highest game difficulty. It would be quite boring if that was the only challenge though, so as an added bonus, I'm going to be a horrible person to absolutely everyone. Aside from the mental challenge of abusing the people I grew a bit of an emotional attachment to in this game (please don't judge LOL), this actually has a lot of consequences that serve to complicate the game a good deal. BTW, what I'm about to say might give slight spoilers. They aren't necessarily story related and I tried to make them as few as possible, but they're still there. Here we go...
So for one thing, there's a really good store you'll never be able to use. For another, you won't be able to fast travel places very well. As if those things weren't bad enough though, if you're a jerk to certain party members it'll reduce their stats, thereby making them less affective in battle. There are a lot of really good things you'll miss out on if you treat people badly, so that'll definitely make things harder for me.
So, there we have it. I feel like this might not be as hard as I'm expecting though, so if anyone has anymore ideas, please do let me know.

TWITCH

2021-10-03 05:34:44

interesting idea, I don't know much about a hero's call but maybe you should appoint points in stats that aren't as useful to your character at the starting, there by making yourself weaker.
also I totally get the being mean to people you like thing, it's kind of hard for me too.

2021-10-09 17:04:47 (edited by Dan Gero 2021-10-09 17:10:30)

Hi all! Just want to let you know that my stream is a little under an hour away, (12:00 PM EST). If you want a quick way to get to my video and you're not subscribed yet, I have a domain you can use to quickly redirect to my channel now. Simply type brogar2000.xyz into the address bar. I think https://youtube.com/c/GarrettBrown2000 will also work. Hope to see you there! big_smile

TWITCH

2021-10-16 15:21:32

Hey everyone! Just wanted to write here to say that I'm going live at 12:00 PM EST again today. I actually plan on doing these streams every Saturday at the same time, so constant content flow here. I have a couple questions though.
Should I keep posting here when I do a live stream, or would it be aggravating for people to see this at the top of the list every week? I like to advertise my YouTube wherever I can, because I don't get a lot of viewers and I'd like to have more so I can get an audience going. Not an incredibly big one mind you, but big enough where I'm not essentially talking to myself the entire stream. This is why I bring friends along any chance I can get, so the streams aren't boring. If I had an audience though, I wouldn't have to depend on people to join me so much.
I also wanted to know what people would think of me starting bilingual streams on my channel? Since I'm learning Japanese, I figured this would be a good way to practice on the weekends when I'm taking breaks from studying. I try to explain everything that's going on, so nobody would be left in the dark if I did this.. I'm curious about your thoughts on this.
Anyways, see you in the live stream! smile

TWITCH