2020-03-26 18:27:37

Hi all!
I want to start into Game programming. I know the basics of Python, but I want to perfect my programming. Which tutorials can you suggest? And then, is there a tutorial for audio game programming?
Looking forward for your answer.
Best regards, Jason!

2020-03-26 19:44:11

Hi Jasemat, I suggest you start with Nathan's tutorial, which explains how to create a simple game in Python. The tutorial is divided into 2 parts. In the first it summarizes the basics of Python, while in the second it explains the actual game creation. I found it really well done, besides the fact that it is available in audio and text format.
You can find it at https://www.nathantech.net/products/tut … /index.php
Cheers,
Ambro

2020-03-26 20:24:52

Or, if you want to build on that, you can try the text tutorials done by Amerikranian, in the articles room. Pretty nice stuff over there. You may also type
pip install lucia in your command line, because it doesn't only install lucia, but pretty much all the Python modules yule need to create an audio game. Or,
pip install pygame
I think lucia also installs this, but still type it in to be safe. Its a good idea, in my opinion to have them both so you have a choice of which route you want to take. The Lucia route, or the Pygame route?

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-03-26 20:35:55

I've been thinking, and perhaps I should create another topic for this, but...
Currently, my articles are totally valid. However, they do not include Lucia in their examples.
I've been considering how to make Lucia fit into the tutorial. Perhaps a link before I introduce you to pygame noting that Lucia is available to be used?
Then again, if I write a part four to the guide, I have to have a game in mind to create with Lucia, I can't just link to my github examples and say "Here you go!" That would not be an article.
What I was thinking is making a tutorial guiding you through creating a collection of small games, starting with guess the number, in lucia of course, moving onto Hangman, Simon, and then a word game which I have become rather fond of called Jotto.
Thing is, I'll need some of the community to make it happen. Perhaps someone could work with me in the sound design department? I don't need it to be fancy, but I do believe that if we don't get audio in the game the tutorial wouldn't be as useful.
I would appreciate some input here, as I do want to give people valid and up to date resources.

2020-03-26 22:21:04

ambro86 wrote:

Hi Jasemat, I suggest you start with Nathan's tutorial, which explains how to create a simple game in Python. The tutorial is divided into 2 parts. In the first it summarizes the basics of Python, while in the second it explains the actual game creation. I found it really well done, besides the fact that it is available in audio and text format.
You can find it at https://www.nathantech.net/products/tut … /index.php
Cheers,
Ambro

I Can't go on the site. When I try, following message shows:

404 Not Found

Not Found

The requested URL was not found on this server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.4.18 (Ubuntu) Server at www.nathantech.net Port 443

2020-03-27 00:35:27

A few other resources you might find useful are [OpenAL PyLite v1.2] for advanced audio, like HRTF, 3D positional audio, EFX, recording, etc. Comes with examples. Another would be the [Tolk] screen reader library, it unfortunately looks like the official distro of which is borked. There's also a Tolk test script [here].

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2020-03-27 03:26:46

Hey dude, I say go for it! You're examples already helped out so many people. doing a full how to would be awesome.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-03-27 08:18:41

@Jasemat, unfortunately this is a problem with your connection or your computer, because here the site opens it correctly. I try to give you the same link but open with google translate. See if it works for you.
https://translate.google.it/translate?h … amp;anno=2

@Amerikranian please do it! If I understand correctly do you need help with sounds? In any case, I think it would be really useful for our community to have other game creation tutorials, also using Lucia. You would introduce many to Python. If you tell me exactly what help you need, I will help you within my limits.
Cheers,
Ambro

2020-03-27 08:59:34

ambro86 wrote:

@Jasemat, unfortunately this is a problem with your connection or your computer, because here the site opens it correctly. I try to give you the same link but open with google translate. See if it works for you.
https://translate.google.it/translate?h … amp;anno=2

Thanks, with Google translator it works. Thank you for all your suggestions.
Jason!

2020-03-28 08:34:35

@4, I say go for it!

If you found this post helpful, amusing or funny, please thumb it up!
To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

2020-03-28 08:41:25

Hi everybody where can I download py charm scripts for JAWS I think it is shared in this forum.
Thanks
Ishan

life's battle do not always go to the stronger and faster man,
But sooner or later who win the one who thinks he can!

2020-03-28 13:27:08

at 1, you can also read the thinhk python book which you find at pythonbooks.org. look for the html version since the pdf is not accessible.