2020-03-24 20:38:42

Apparently this drops in uh... 20 minutes or so. Just wondering what system everyone's getting this on? Would like to play more with others, but unsure if they're getting it on steam or xbox. If neither... I guess I'll play online anyway, but I figured it'd be cool to play.
Lemme know!

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2020-03-25 01:36:58

Hi,
Steam for me.  Looking forward to this like you wouldn't believe.  it's so up to date, unlike the last one.

2020-03-25 02:11:59

It also seems to be a much smoother experience, at least for me.

2020-03-25 05:39:16

Has the sound design changed at all? Or is it more or less the same.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2020-03-25 08:19:27

How accessible is it?

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2020-03-25 13:41:39 (edited by death 2020-03-25 13:42:29)

Sound design is more or less the same. OCR looks cleaner though, in the sense that you can read lifepoints. You also only need to press y instead of hold it to zoom in on a monster. One thing that's changed sound wise are the reward sounds, I kind of like it. Mostly though, same thing as before. One thing that has changed is you can decide where to put your cards now instead of having them automatically placed.

2020-03-25 14:20:44

it's lovely not to have to hold y to zoomm in now.  though it took a bit to get used to.
Looking forward to playing around with links.  their arrows obviously aren't spoken, but I'm sure that won't be a problem after a bit.

2020-03-25 15:30:27

OK, that's actually a game seller for me. I hated having to constantly hold Y. lol.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2020-03-25 17:14:28

this game have a demo version?

2020-03-25 19:54:28

Hi, if you play this, can you also learn how to play yugioh if you don't know it, or does the game expect you to be proficient already?

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2020-03-25 22:33:26

I mean I guess the campaign would get you used to the game? There's only tutorials for the first battles in each campaign teaching you about the different summons, but if you read the rules and play the campaign I don't see why you wouldn't be able to learn the game properly.

2020-03-26 13:13:40

Hi
First, sory for my bad English, I'm french.
I have tested this game with nvda ocr, and it seams realy good. I have some question for understand better the game.
So, in the board, there are 6 or 7 lines. The bottom is us and the up is the other, it's that? What is the différents lines?
Someone can explain all infos in a card? The first number is the ATK and the both is the def it is that? And the other things?
How to know what happen when the cpu (or other player) play? it's quick, how to do?
If someone can give some advices for better understand, I get it!
Thanks

2020-03-26 13:48:41

Hi.
First, there is a fantastic tutorial in the single player and options menus, which goes through literally everything.
in terms of the field, imagine it like this.
at the bottom and top are you and your opponent's hand.  Naturally you can't see their hand contents unless you use a card that let's you do so.
going up from your hand you have the five spell and trap zones, which pendulum monsters are also placed in.  on the left hand side of this is your extra deck, so you can view and special summon Fusion, synchro, XYZ and link monsters.  Note that the card XYZ dragon cannon is not a XYZ monster.
above you have your monster zones.  you have five main ones, and 1 extra one which link monsters are placed when you summon them.
You used to have to summon a link monster and other extra monster zone monsters here, but now you can summon as many extra deck monsters as you like again with the new rules introduced.
to the left of your monster zones are where your field spell is placed, and on the right is your graveyard or G.Y and bannished/removed from play cards.
I recommend looking up the yugioh wiki for a better explanation. 
to access your graveyard, press y on it, go down once and press a to enter to see what is in there.  same with your opponents.
As for keeping up, that's where the card prompts as for whether or not you want to use them are actually helpful for us, as they pause the game and let us see what is placed.
So you'll never have a time when you can't react to something with a card of your own. 
Hope this helps.

oh and one more thing, I'd recommend looking up the yugioh card database to search info for cards if you need it, as well as
thecardhub.net which will tell you where to find cards in the packs in the game.

2020-03-26 16:38:04

Thanks. I will see the complet tuto so.
If someone can give me other advices, don't esitate.

2020-03-26 16:39:07

Idk if anyone wants to share steam friend codes, but mine is 152719863
Feel free to add.

2020-03-26 16:48:56

friend codes?  I didn't even know that was a thing.  yikes
Will add you asap. smile

2020-03-26 16:53:06

Hello! Is this game only available in steam? I've been a fan of Yugi-oh for ages!

2020-03-26 17:09:33

So I have a question. For someone who doesn't have too much time on their hands, would this be something worth looking into? I mean, not the learning the game, but learning how to navigate. Is it just using arrows and NVDA OCR or what? I might be asking a dumb question, but this would be my very first mainstream game, so I have no clue, how these things work. I would really be thankful for a quick explanation on how to navigate the game and use OCR and stuff.
And oh yeah, how much money for the game?

We live on a hunk of rock and metal that circles a humdrum star that is one of 400 billion other stars that make up the Milky Way Galaxy which is one of billions of other galaxies which make up a universe which may be one of a very large number, perhaps an infinite number, of other universes. That is a perspective on human life and our culture that is well worth pondering.
Carl Sagan

2020-03-26 18:17:47

I have beggining the campain and I did a part of the big tutoriel. I'm in the 2nd fight in the 1st campain, and there are realy few things I don't understand.
There are few kind of magic card. How to do for know the kind of the card, because it is with the color?
How to know the number of stars of a monster card?
I am maybe bad, but I don't arrive to win, some advices?

Thanks

2020-03-27 00:15:37

Hi
Sory for the double-post.
It is possible to know what the CPU do? It is possible to see if he has magic card in  his board for exemple?
It is possible to know if there are card in defense in his board, because the "y" key is used only for the card who are in recto, but how to know for the magic cards, because when the cpu play, I listen that he use magic card, but how to know what is it?
In all cases, I think this game is realy good, and more better with more advices.

Thanks

2020-03-27 08:26:56

If your opponent has magic or trap cards on their side of the field they are placed face down.  You are not supposed to know what they are.

As for the card types, it provides the card type in the description.  It will say spell card or trap card or whatever.  As for the monster stars, when you press "Y" to look at the detailed description you will see a number with an X before it, like X5.  That means it has 5 stars.

2020-03-27 08:29:40

Oh, wait, you mean after he played the spell...  You can check his graveyard to see what it was.  As for face down defense monsters, I am not sure myself, I only just got the game myself.  Anyone else know?

2020-03-27 15:03:25

Not really, face down defense cards and face down magic/trap cards make the same sound, unfortunately.

2020-03-27 15:11:28

So, I've got the game. I hope it is fully playable and not just like a random stuff based on your luck. big_smile

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2020-03-27 15:13:35

Yes, there is the same sound, so it is possible to know if the card is a magic / trape or a monster in defense mode?
Someone can give me the keyboard commands? Y is for the info, B for the phases... how to down or up a description of a card?
And when I use Y on a card, there are a menu with two (left and right). I supose it's the recto and verso of the board, but it's the same infos, no?

Thanks