2020-03-26 10:18:55

Hi. Thanks for the replies. Dark, while I think zombies run would be a good idea, I am worried about the fact that it is now a subscription service. I would honestly rather just pay once and have complete access similar to what delight games does.

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2020-03-26 13:15:19 (edited by Dark 2020-03-26 13:17:51)

With zombies run, there are different options.
With the free mode you can unlock a mission a week and replay it, though since one mission is 20 minutes or so, this probably won't work too well if you want to do at least a mission a day as I do.

However, then there are various other options, from buying a season pass to unlock all missions of a given season (about 25 in all), to subscribing, which you can do for £5  month or £30 a year, (I'm afraid I'm not sure what that is in South African rand).

Actually, whilst I'm not usually a fan of subscriptions either,in the case of zombies run I'd suggest an exception. Firstly, the subscription gets you everything! all the missions (now over 500 I think), all the side quests, any new stuff they do, and they bring out new stuff almost every month, indeed if it weren't for the subscription they'd be pretty expensive buying different things individually, not to mention that the subscription also gives you access to a few nifty little bonuses like a faster item collection rate, and membership to their website which gets fun stuff like emails to you from people you save on missions. It even gives you access to their other aps, the walk and zombies run 5 k training, which I haven't investigated as yet, though might do if I ever run out of missions big_smile.

second, is the quality of the audio itself. The recording and acting is extremely good, as are the characters and the story over all. Considering that each mission comes with between 5 and 10 minutes of audio and each season is about 25 missions, that's still a pretty good price considering that people like big finish and graphic audio will charge you twenty quid for a stand alone two hour audio drama.

I'll say for me, zombies run works out really well. Previously, I could only stand doing about a 12 minute run, since otherwise I'd just plane get board, and need to do something else. but with zombies run, needing to run to actually finish the mission, I find myself hanging on just to end the story, and heck, some of those missions have been pretty epic.

For example, in Venus rising (one of their none zombie adventures), I actually did! get to do the big dam hero thing and run away from an exploding fuel tank across a collapsing bridge in a space colony that was falling to bits. Now, tell me how any exercise can be as straight up awesome as that big_smile.

But, as you can start off for free, and do the intro, why not just give it a try. I bought the subscription literally two days in once I realised that this was going to be fun, and whilst annoyingly I had to stop at christmas due to me getting ill, then due to my lady going in for radio therapy, I'm now definitely getting back to things and I'd certainly say I've had my money's worth big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-03-26 13:28:37

Hi. Thanks for the reply. I now have the app installed and I love it so far. I did a mission and I really enjoyed it. I think the subscription costs R90 a month and R600 year. Although there was another button that had a cost of R47.90 a month. What is this? Also, are you allowed to keep the already released missions if you cancel your subscription, similar to what audible does? I highly doubt that this is allowed. Is there a way to get the original story that came with the app when it was first released?

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2020-03-26 19:33:59

Glad you like.
One thing I find handy, is that as well as the running, if you set the game to constant pace and the pace to 1k every five minutes, you can also use it to do other exercises to.
So, what I tend to do myself, is do 10 minutes of either the radio, or one of the survivor sidequests to build up supplies whilst I do my weight routine, then switch to step counting and do a full scale mission as I run on my mini trampoline.

Btw, just for interest's sake are you running on the spot? or do you have a treadmill or something else.

As to the subscriptions, I believe there are two monthly subscriptions, one which gives you the new missions, and one which gives you the lot but I'm not sure, since I just went for the full whack able runner's club subscription myself, since i knew I was going to enjoy this.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-03-26 21:09:15 (edited by UltraLeetJ 2020-03-26 21:16:23)

I had no idea that app was accessible.
My situation is that since I self isolated two weeks ago and of course and thankfully gym is now closed I am looking for all sort of creative ways to do things without equipment... I will probably end up buying the elastic bands. You can do so much with them. For now, detergent jugs with their current weight, a towel on the floor to mimic an exercise mat , and a pillow for abs and stuff  will have to be enough.
By the way, cold showers could make your muscles grow and blah blah blah, but I prefer to save cold showers for hot weather, and only hot weather. Not even my trainer does them either, no thanks, not in a million years haha. Whats much more important is the way you are feeding yourself. I am happy though because I learned how to make rice pudding using a rice pot, and all other sort of cooking stuff. I chopped, cooked, boiled, did all sort of things to have a stew for yesterday's and today's lunch, so lol I felt like a hero yesterday, the workout I skipped I made it cooking. Of course, I called mom for all of her cooking wisdom and stuff.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…