2020-03-26 02:24:55

I want to see videos and I have never used this app before.

2020-03-26 05:15:08

it is, but for a completely blind person, its pointless.

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2020-03-26 08:11:42

ya, that app is for syted only, I think,
my sister is useing that app, and, I don't no if she will teech me a littel bit of it, haha.

2020-03-26 08:44:04

Both in android and IOS? My mom uses it in those quarantine situations.

73 Wj3u

2020-03-26 09:44:34

Idon't no if it is avaylable in app store,

2020-03-26 09:47:40

I've used it for a while but with out talkback of course

2020-03-26 09:50:53

I've used it, if you use talkback, you'll have to swipe up and down with 2 fingers, otherwise you can swipe with one finger. it's sord of accessible.

allow me to speak more,
catch me on Twitter
or, Mastodon

2020-03-26 11:59:02

This is how I do it, a video starts playing after I open the app, turn off voice assistant or talk back and the swipe up, swipe.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2020-03-26 12:50:04

In short, no, not really, the amount of hacky workarounds required to make it work make it really not worth it. Add to that the fact that the company behind it really don't give a shit about us or accessibility in general. No thanks, they're not worth supporting in any capasity.

2020-03-26 13:11:28

They might not exactly care about us, but I wouldn't say that it's pointless for a completely blind person like previously stated. I guess it's kind of like saying that we shouldn't bother with YouTube because it doesn't have a built-in video audio-describe feature. And while I have to agree that you have to really persist with the app, if you're willing to do that, go ahead. Download the app and browse to your heart's content.
Just my take on the matter.

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (Minionslayer#2980). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Twitter at @Minionslayer2.

2020-03-26 14:20:10

you cannot stick to the things which are specially made for blinds, ya know? it's usable and it's not that bad if you want to try it, go ahead.

allow me to speak more,
catch me on Twitter
or, Mastodon

2020-03-26 16:06:46

Thank you for the quick response, I’m okay with it being useable. Can someone please tell me how to navigate the app and do I have to have a account? @5 yes it’s in the AppStore. I have several apps that are useable and I’m doing just fine with them.

2020-03-26 18:38:21

Just download it, open it, turn voice over off and swipe up.

2020-03-26 19:16:33

I have the app and I don’t know how to stop or pause videos. Voice over works with it but I prefer a Braille display for reading the text, since I cannot here it over the videos.

2020-03-26 19:44:38

From what I know, you can't really stop it with voice over.

2020-03-26 20:01:40

@10 / 11, the problem with your examples is this. You tube is designed to be for both video and audio. Sure there is a lot of inaccessible content on you tube, but since audio is highly encouraged there is a lot out there that is very much accessible, in fact I'd say most of the content on you tube that isn't specifically game related can be enjoyed by blind people at least to some extent. To my knowledge, the same can not be said for ticktock. Anyone with more experience with it please do correct me if I'm wrong, but I think for most of the content on there audio is mostly just used for music, or to provide context or information that can't be communicated with pictures alone.
Something else I'd like to point out. Say what you want about the accessibility of content on ticktock, but the rather shocking state of the accessibility of the app itself is just plain unacceptable. The app, at least, could very much be made accessible, the fact that it hasn't been screams of laziness on the part of the developers. I say the same thing about services like snapchat, btw, which to my knowledge still hasn't really been made even a little bit accessible, keep in mind I haven't seriously tried to use snapchat since around 2016 so things may have changed since then. I have a hard time understanding how you guys can just put up with this crap. It's fucking 2020 already, this really shouldn't be as big of an issue as it still is. What big companies like ticktock are in effect saying is hey, we would make our app accessible, accept you guys are a tiny minority so there for we don't honestly give a shit if you use it and bring us money or not. Go see if you can figure out how to work with our very non screen reader friendly interface, while we sit back and cash in from people who actually matter to us. To put it simply, you don't make us money, go fuck yourselves. Ta!
If you guys want to play right into the hands of these money grabbing assholes, be my guest, I've already stated my opinion on the matter, but now you're antagonising me just because I choose not to feed the corporate monsters and advise others to do the same?
BTW, @post 11, you don't know me, nor do you currently have any idea what I do and don't use. For the record, no I in fact do not use only blindness products / services, in fact the only AT devices I own are an old braille note apex I recently acquired from a friend for purposes of exploration, and a victer reader stream, both of which are rarely used these days, although admittedly I'm hoping to get the second gen victer reader stream soon, or possibly the trek, depending on how much I can save and how long I can save for. Good job on assuming though. smile

2020-03-26 21:27:31

@16 how do you feel about Twitch and it’s accessibility features?

2020-03-26 22:59:55

I haven't really used it for anything besides listening to liam's streams back when they were hosted there a couple years ago, so I honestly couldn't tell you. I've heard it has some accessibility issues, but I also know of a couple blind people who use it and have no problems with it. So yeah, make of that what you will. I'll have to give it a spin at some point to see how it is these days.

2020-03-27 08:42:05

well well, ticktock was never made for  blind people. even if they make it accessible you will get nothing out of it because people either do dubbing on some random movie clip, or they dance, etc. now, if some blind person wants to use it and give it a try, what's wrong in it? why cry about making it accessible when it was never made for you?

allow me to speak more,
catch me on Twitter
or, Mastodon

2020-03-27 14:31:34

that platform is completely pointless for me to be honest, there is nothing in there for me, just like  post 19  stated

And as anyone who's gone mountain climbing knows ,The serene snow-covered peaks that look so tranquil from a bdistance, Are the deadliest
sound is my vision
i rarely check my private messages on the forum, so if you want to contact me please use my email, or dm me  at oussama40121 on tw

2020-03-27 14:35:49 (edited by haily_merry 2020-03-27 14:39:04)

Uh, hate to break it to you, but most things weren't made for blind people. That doesn't stop them from being accessible though. Again, I totally see your point about the content on ticktock, but there's really no reason what so ever why they can't at least do the very minimum and make the app itself accessible, add immage / video recognition like facebook and instagram already have, etc. They're not even trying to make an effort to be inclusive. Again, laziness and greed, that's all I can see here.

2020-03-27 20:53:30

I mean, depending on the video a blind person can take some substance away from it. For example the fries song, the meems, the guy who amazes girls with i== his voice, the meem with that kid whose being kidnapped, etc. And you can use it with a screenreader. All you have to do is swipe up with 2 fingers, and you're done. There are a few unlabelled buttons, but you can custom label them if you know what they do. Besides. Tick tock has too much gay centered jokes. Come on. I'm not targetting anybody who's gay or anything, but the jokes on tick tock are just to overboard. And the boys in my class, who claim to be straight, and punch you for saying stuff like, I like sausages, share these gay stuff around and find them funny. Like fuck. There's a song that goes something like
What's crunchy in your mouth? Sorta chewy too? Its gotta be a dick. Like fucking. You claim to be straight and yet you share these bloody ass shits? I'm sure even people in the LGBTQIA community find these shit annoying. Tick tock isn't worth it. All the jokes are basically the same, or if you have a dirty mind tick tock is perfect for you.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-03-28 19:18:55

first part of Jaidons post explaines what I was trying to say.

allow me to speak more,
catch me on Twitter
or, Mastodon

2020-03-29 04:52:55

I'm staying away from that bs. I have no intention of going on that stupid network ever. probably most of the stuff is inaccessible. just another network for those oh so anoying "mems" as sighted teens call them.