2020-03-25 21:28:22

i wish to see how the game is, i kno its buggy but i wonder what it has to offer

Suffering's what keeps me alive.
If one never suffers, one doesn't live propperly.
So embrace the pain, the suffering life has brought you and will bring you in the future

2020-03-25 23:00:51

Same Fred, I will try to host the server tomorrow, but I also have alot of homework so I am not sure if it will be up this week.

Awesome, you made it to the end!
Hit h to go to the next post.

2020-03-25 23:09:12

nice to hear, from what i kno, some systems of the game has some amounts of buggs, but i did not request for the version just to look at the buggs, i wish to experiment on how the mecanicks work

So embrace the pain, the suffering life has brought you and will bring you in the future

2020-03-26 01:52:58

Hi can I play on my iPad? Also can I use Safari?

2020-03-26 01:56:02

@connor, it's a version of V2 I believe.

2020-03-26 04:07:09

This was a windows application, so no mobile devices. That being said, I honestly never really liked the game while it was around. It felt like the guy was trying to build a space based moo, but in a weird and IMO worse way. It was laggy, there were very few activities, and that was with the newest version at the time.

Prier practice and preparation prevents piss poor performance!

2020-03-26 09:50:06

If this is dm2, there indeed won't be too much to do since this is one of the many versions Danny never got off the ground properly. @31 to each their own I guess, but I wonder if you got the chance to play dmnb in its more or less finished form. Sure, you could count the number of activities on two hands, but hell, it still broke new ground because it was the very first space sandbox we had in audio that wasn't a moo.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2020-03-26 11:56:52

Yeah agreed with 32. Loved that game when it was around. I'd absoultely love to have an actually decent version to play with. This particular version of DM2 was actually one of the many versions he tried to make 2d and it kind of, didn't work?

2020-03-26 12:03:14

but dont anyone have version 3.0 and its server? i thought some servers and versions wer maid availebele

2020-03-26 12:45:40

No, v2 was the only version that ever had custom servers to my knowledge. V1 and V3 were always centralised, unless I'm forgetting something. The one acception I can think of is that old version of the V1 server Danny released at the beginning of last year, but that doesn't really count seeing as how it's A, so buggy as to be bearly usable, and B, only compattible with an old version of the client that is no longer available. I had it for a while last year, but not anymore sadly.

2020-03-26 12:51:01

that just makes this more eksiting, now i really wonder what this game has to offer buggy or not, as i couldent try this game 2 years ago, i dont kno why this got discontinued and all the drama behind this, but why did danny not sell the game?

2020-03-26 12:56:13

not every developer like to sell his game, fredd, it is not how you think

2020-03-26 13:58:32

how do this eeven work? i got that you have to coppy the shipfiles to the http server but the dire 2, should it just be the servers directory?

2020-03-26 14:03:36 (edited by Dakonna 2020-03-26 14:06:09)

The original dmnb mainly got discontinued because 1: Constant server crashes and bugs that they couldn't fix, and 2: Danny didn't like where the game was going because of all the random features he was told to add by the players. Most of why the later releases got off the ground was because of a few very loud and very stupid individuals who would never leave Danny alone before release and would hype the game to hell and back, then be all disappointed when it didn't come out the way they expected, and even that mostly happened because Danny was pressured into rushed releases because of those people. Then a few players tried to get their hands on beta versions they weren't supposed to have, etc. Plus the fact that dm had about three restart attempts that were all completely re-written from scratch didn't help Danny with motivation and the series kept losing players since less and less people were putting up wih the buggy concept demos he was releasing and ended up not paying attention anymore. the fact that he was never too thrilled with administrating his own game didn't help, sadly though the only dm game that had admins besides him was dmnb and that one lasted the longest.

2020-03-26 17:35:32

all right, does this game have galactic market?

2020-03-26 18:33:20

I played the latest, 3d version when it was around, it was called DMPA online if I remember correctly.
I really loved it, even that it was much more basic than the older versions, but still, it was cool to play with your friends, to destroy ships and have everything in an audio game, not in a mud.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2020-03-26 19:28:16

it would be nice to have an availeble server to play on

2020-03-26 20:19:57

there are instruction to host server,
I follow them carefully but don't know what am I doing wrong, sound not play & also we cannot build anything on it.
a genious can explain what need to do for hosting this correctly.
@40, it don't have galactic market, it has shipyard, which we have build also.

2020-03-26 20:36:51

cant wait to build my own ship!

2020-03-26 22:15:48

@42 it would be even better if someone from the dev community would say "screw it, I'm going to build a new space sandbox right now." How about that? We wouldn't have to glue together fragments of Danny's old code in an attempt to make it work again.

2020-03-26 22:43:50

that would be nice, but in the way hour comunity is at this moment, what makes you believe that this will not happen again as it happened with danny?

2020-03-26 22:46:04

@45, very true. I've considered attempting it before, I'm mainly wondering weather or not the interest would be high enough for me to bother. The only big problems I can see right now is that A, I'm not exactly the most creative person in the world when it comes to map building and story writing as you guys should be aware by now, and B, I never really got to properly play any of the dm online games so my knowledge of how they actually played is rather limited, and without a lot of recordings of old versions whatever I can whip up may turn out drastically different than the original.

2020-03-27 10:53:15

@47 it's not like I'd want a dm rewrite, and that shouldn't be your goal in the first place. If you want to gage interest, you could always do a poll in ggd and see what you get.

2020-03-27 13:06:09

farhad i sent you a pm

2020-03-27 13:30:22

Okay, a topic has been made. Feel free to let me know your thoughts there.
Find it here.