2020-03-17 19:12:25

After some delays, radio silence, and promises of more to come - we are happy to announce that our groundbreaking audio-only action-adventure game The Vale: Shadow of the Crown, will be available for the Xbox One in Q2 2020!

But wait, there’s more!!

Today at 11:35 AM PST / 2:35 EST, Falling Squirrel Founder and Creative Director, David Evans, will be a part of the Xbox Gaming 4 Everyone Panel: Intentionally Inclusive Design: Build a Welcoming Future in Games.

Dave will discuss the development of The Vale: Shadow of the Crown’s and talk about how Falling Squirrel is helping to show that  gaming can be made accessible to everyone.

You can watch the panel live on Mixer by clicking on the link found here: https://mixer.com/gamestacklivecc

While I know we've been a little distant, it's because we couldn't spill the beans while we were busy wheelin' and dealin'!
I want to take the time to thank the audiogames.net community - your vocal and fervent support continues to drive us to make a game you will be proud of.

I'll be doing my best from now until release to man these forums, as I can't express enough gratitude for all the attention we've received from you. The least I can do is try to return the favour and pay mind to all of you wonderful folks.

To answer some quick ones that I imagine will be incoming:
1) Yes, this is a rename to the same game
2) PC/Steam/itch.io release is also planned for Q2 now
3) There may/may not be other platform announcements in the future.
4) We are self-isolating and safe, our pets are happy.

As per usual follow us on Twitter @fallingsquirrel or facebook (https://www.facebook.com/FallingSquirrel) or at www.fallingsquirrel.com

2020-03-17 19:26:35

Okay. Okay.
Okay.
This is interesting.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2020-03-17 20:16:24

That's awesome! I wish you success.

2020-03-17 20:27:10

That's great. Looking forward to it.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2020-03-17 20:49:53

Wow you really made my day with this!

73 Wj3u

2020-03-18 00:05:53

This will be a day 1 purchase for me, on my platform of choice as well!

2020-03-18 00:36:46

I kno what game I'm going to get for my new Xbox this august.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-03-18 00:37:58

Also, you tickled my fancy ith the neww name.
Sorry if my posts seem odd. The key to the left of e and the right of q is playing nuts right at this moment.

_____

2020-03-18 08:07:55 (edited by defender 2020-03-18 08:37:02)

this is really impressive! I wasn't expecting something like this at all, but I am very happily surprised.
congratulations also to Dave for his new board position; It's pretty exciting to have another person representing our community to the mainstream market!
I have to admit that a potential release on itch gives me a feeling of apprehension given that we have a strong piracy Element within this community in that platform does not provide any DRM of its own.
if (though I hope this isn't the case) the main stream community does not pick up this game to any significant degree, the loss in sales from an already niche market may seriously impact your return on investment for this project. I do not want to see that happen to your team after all the work you guys put in for us.
I hope that there will be an effort made to give early access or free copies to at least a handful of The kinds of streamers and YouTube personalities that may be interested in a unique project like this. I think that the interesting point of view this game showcases will appeal to a certain subsection of gamers who are tired of the same old storyline tropes and game mechanics that dominate the current market. The hard part is  reaching them…
I also wonder if a soundtrack for the game may be available for purchase at some point; I imagine that several members of this community would be interested in such a thing, As they have been in the past.
Whatever the case may end up being though, I want to thank you guys again for making an audio game that bridges the gap between the blind and sighted communities but at the same time providing enough of a challenge for experienced audio gamers to get enjoyment out of playing it. this game may not get much attention on the wider market (though we cand always hope) but at least for this community, you can rest assured that your hard work has resulted in a very significant step forward in quality and substance that will not be forgotten for many years to come.
Your game will be counted among the greats like Papa Sangre, A blind legend, The Blind swordsman, Audio wizards, and a hero's call.

2020-03-18 08:29:37

Hi.
this is really fantastic news. I'm so excited to read that the game is coming to the Xbox as well. Now I don't remember: Will the game have graphics as well? I'll do what I can to share this news to sighted xbox gamers.
Is the panel discussion being archived?

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2020-03-18 15:47:53 (edited by Sightless Kombat 2020-03-18 15:53:39)

@1 Fantastic news. Will definitely be picking this up on Xbox One now. Hoping for haptics/force feedback as an accessibility options as well to make that combat system just that bit more immersive than it already is.  Keep up the great work.

Update: I've just played the demo from September last year with a controller and I'm really looking forward to seeing the full finished product.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2020-03-18 16:03:32

I think I've heard about this gamesince 2018 or so... Is it possible to buy the PC version at the moment? I looked at Steam, but the status was "coming soon". I couldn't find any download / purchase link on itch.io.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2020-03-18 16:33:17

i'm curious: will the audio be improved if one were to play this on the Series X, which seems to have hardware accellerated audio, whenever that came out?

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2020-03-18 21:42:22

@1 Awesome!
I will definitely be picking this up on XBox 1!
Will you guys accept any beta testers for the XBox version? If so, I would like to be one of your testers and experience the game on console.
Thanks

If you wish to contact me privately, you can do so in the following ways.
Telegram, Rich_Beardsley. Discord, RichBeardsley. Facebook, Rich W. Beardsley
Twitter, RichBeardsley. Email, [email protected]. Both iMessages and emails are welcome.
Battle tag, Rich#12744. You can also add me through my email address.

2020-03-19 00:48:34

I am excited about this. I will be picking this one up.

2020-03-19 13:57:03

I cant wait for this!
Good luck guys and I wish you all the best!
Thanks and stay safe.
Best regards.

2020-03-19 18:43:50

I will also be getting this when it comes out for the XBOX ONE. does any one know where the demo can be found at?

2020-03-19 20:04:03

Does anyone have an idea of pricing?
I've gotta know how to budget myself lol.

_____

2020-03-24 22:42:03

Hey all!
Thanks for the heartfelt response, we share your excitement!!

To answer some questions:

Defender!

1) For now I think we are accepting inevitable PC piracy (with regards to itch's lack of DRM). With our experience in games, we know that no matter what we do, piracy is inevitable. Unless the big M dictates otherwise, I'd like us to release an official tracker with links to support us. But that is a tentative plan, so please don't take this as an official announcement that we're openly torrenting our game upon release!

A soundtrack is not something we've discussed, but I'll be happy to bring it up! I think it's a great idea and I'm curious to know who else may be interested about this

Thank _you_ for your support, it means a lot!

SLJ
2) The game has some particle effects and menus for sighted audiences. These simply add small graphics, but do not effect the gameplay whatsoever and are purely optional. From the ground-up The Vale was designed for the blind/low-vision community and sighted players to have an equal experience.

Sightless
3) Glad you could check out the force feedback, which we have dutifully included!

Nyanchan
4) Currently still in development. Release for both PC and XboxOne is set for Q2 2020

Mitch
5) I'm unsure about this, but will follow-up with the relevant people to get you an answer. I know we are already re-working our audio engine for XboxOne and I have confirmation that audio is getting even better. Not sure if that specifically answers your question, but hopefully it is in the right direction!

Boo15
6) send an e-mail to me at [email protected] and I'll help you out with a PC demo

Jaidon
7) No exact word on pricing announced, but I assure you it will not break your wallet like a full-price or triple-a game.

Everyone else - thank you so much! your encouragement keeps us going during this strange time we are living in.

Stay safe and at home everyone!

2020-03-25 00:23:43

thanks for the response, any comments about the streamer question?
and I think you may want to start a new topic in the general games room if you want to get an idea of who would buy the soundtrack. Maybe provide a couple short samples of music in the game already for those who cannot use the demo.
I was also just wondering if my bug report made it to you guys. I sent it just a bit after the second demo came out, To Jamie's email address.
The sender should be [email protected]

2020-03-25 08:51:48

is the combat system getting changes as well?

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2020-03-25 09:14:15

Thanks a lot for your responce.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2020-03-25 16:54:27

@19 please check your PMs

If you wish to contact me privately, you can do so in the following ways.
Telegram, Rich_Beardsley. Discord, RichBeardsley. Facebook, Rich W. Beardsley
Twitter, RichBeardsley. Email, [email protected]. Both iMessages and emails are welcome.
Battle tag, Rich#12744. You can also add me through my email address.