2020-03-25 11:40:48

Hello!There is a multiplayer game written in BGT where, if I delete the audio file, it will search the Internet to download it.This happens and I see it in the folder, but it doesn't play it, and if I copy it manually to the folder, it plays the sounds.I'll send you the code snippet. Can you tell me why this is possible and what the solution is?
if(!file_exists("sounds.dat"))
{
alert("misssing files","there are missing files. Sounds.dat is missing, downloading now. please wait...");
dl_file("http://maxcast.tdani.hu/btb/","sounds.dat");
}

2020-03-25 12:23:53

not again...

2020-03-25 13:01:17

Reported. Some people apparently never learn.

2020-03-25 13:02:39

I can't understand your question from what I saw in the code you made it to check on a file called sounds and if it won't find it it will try to download it. So if you delete that file it will surely go to download it.

2020-03-25 13:21:05

@4 yes, the file is download succesfully in the game folder, but when I begin play a game, so I open the .exe file, the sounds isn't working.

2020-03-25 13:29:44

A little bit of context here, people? Exactly what are you reporting this guy for? Seems like he's just asking a question, nothing more. Why are you guys getting on his case?

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2020-03-25 13:39:18

OK, my bad. I'm half way asleep, maybe a bit more, so it took me reading this guy's post to see who he was. I won't comment here any further for now, partly because I won't be useful in this topic and partly because I'm so dead to the world at the moment that I'm having trouble formulating intelligent or even intelligible responses.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2020-03-25 13:59:51

make sure that the decryption key is matched. the best you can do is to stop execution for a while, and then replace the sounds .dat file.

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2020-03-25 13:59:52

Ok I just looked at the code a second time and I realised that it is a mess. You made it so that if the file exists it will search for it. So if you remove the file it will think it's there and it won't search. But if you put the file there it will it will search for it on the web because you want it to do that

2020-03-25 14:28:11

Moderation:
I've gotten a couple of reports on this thread, and I'm not sure why.
Could someone demonstrate, with some sort of proof, how this is problematic?
I don't see any proprietary code here, but I am not intimately familiar with unauthorized forks and how they're coded. If someone would enlighten me a bit, I'd be happy to process this.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2020-03-25 15:25:13

The link says /btb, witch is what it's downloading, leading us to believe that it's for btb

2020-03-25 15:47:42

Yeah, people are so quick to scream clone, but cannot provide an explanation? I thought at least  you made your reports more detailed than your posts. It is as 11 says though, and I had to read the code to understand that, and even then it is because we knew what BTB stands for. To someone who is not watching drama 24/7 and reading the code if they are not a developer they probably will not be interested to do that, just saying hey I reported, oh no, not again, does not really help. If you cannot explain it in more detail probably don't bother posting and wait for someone to do it. Man, these clones, at this point probably even the original devs don't care about it. It has been so long, and I really wonder how people don't get bored of recycling the same games over and over.

2020-03-25 17:13:45

at1
please don't ask about game btb here or you'll get banned

2020-03-25 17:20:01

@12, givven this guy's history, I honestly didn't think pointing out specific lines of the code would be necessary. I also kind of asumed the mods would be familuar with the acronim BTB, so my bad.

2020-03-25 19:14:38 (edited by Stealthy 2020-03-25 19:16:06)

Yup, just in case anybody does not know, btb is basically Ivan's version of ultra power. It's nothing new though, active for years.

My main interest is tech.
Follow me on twitter if you would like, my username is @stealthy153

2020-03-26 00:41:05 (edited by Kitsune 2020-03-26 00:42:36)

@tdani, can you check your pms?
@13 is right. no clones allowed. instant ban!

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2020-03-26 02:10:43

Bump.

2020-03-26 02:21:31

FYI, BTB is a clone of a now disallowed game on this forum.

2020-03-26 09:34:49

moderation:
First and foremost, would people please stop bumping topics left and right? I'm of a mind to make a rule against it at this point. We see your reports and will get to them as soon as we can. Bordorline pointless thread necromancy, guys. Don't do it.
tdani, consider this an official warning. You've asked about games using unauthorized sourcecode, or that this forum has blanket banned, on multiple occasions. I suggest you take this time to learn which those are (Ultrapower, Beyond the bullet, The Killer and any other project utilizing stolen code) and refrain from asking about them here. It will not be tolerated again. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out.