2020-03-25 13:00:19

I am having a strange problem with QWS. I load this midi file with a few tracks in it. Since it's from a video game, there's a soundfont that can play it correctly, so I use VirtualMIDISynth from CoolSoft. It sounds like the wrong patches are being used for each track, so I choose the first one and go into properties. If I arrow through the patches and then choose the patch it was set to again, it plays fine. However, if I press home and play it from the beginning it goes back to playing it using the wrong instruments. I have tried disabling midi clock but that does nothing. I know there are some system exclusive messages at the beginning of the file, so that might be the issue. Can anybody help?

2020-03-26 05:21:48 (edited by Dekyo-NEC2608 2020-03-26 08:03:52)

You perhaps can navigate through all the events (using the event editor) in the MIDI and modify them. Mainly program events (and possibly MIDI CCs that are related, such as bank MSB and LSB selection) but that's more if you have a SoundFont with many banks (equivalent to the MIDI CC 0 "bank select MSB").

Yamaha YM2608

YOU
SAY! - Sonic the Hedgehog CD (Dec 4, 1992 prototype)