2020-03-22 08:45:29

Site up dates do do do do do do,
Site up dates do do do do do do do.
Site up dates do do do do do do ,
Site updates!

Oh no! Did I really just make a baby shark reference? ---- I've been corrupted!

noooooooo!

Updates by dark:

Cleaned up descriptions for Survive the wild and pontes escape.
Added Steam as a platform for blind quest, added additional resources heading plus a link to the applevis podcast about the game.
Cleaned up description for blindfold boppit.

Smash the gangs: entry, description and links.

Changed license of fruitpot to unknown, added note that the game is no longer available due to Apple’s stupidity, plus generally updated description.

Cleaned up descriptions for Gma cards and Gma lander.
Updates by Pitermach:
Undead assault: entry, description and links.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-03-22 12:19:21 (edited by manamon_player 2020-03-22 12:19:44)

sorry but as I know, undead assault isn't donation

2020-03-22 12:25:16

Mmmm, you'd have to check with Pitermach, who has far more experience in undead assault than I do, but I thought the developers were! accepting donations.
Note that the donation license type doesn't mean the game has an in game currency or purchasable items or whatever, it just means people can donate to the game's developer if they wish.
This is why games like erion and worldsmith are counted as donation.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-03-24 03:47:06

Hi
@dark I was looking at the database, and I saw that the Super Tile Smash is added, but only the iOS version is mentioned
This game is also available for Android and is fully accessible as far as I know.
Here
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta … &hl=es
Greetings and thanks.

sorry my english, is not my native language.

2020-03-24 09:03:56 (edited by Dark 2020-03-24 09:04:27)

@FabiG94 thanks for letting me know.
I've updated the super tile smash  page, as well as the one for word finder which is also available for android according to woodside aps' website.

2020-03-24 14:14:30

Yea, the word finder also is on Android.
Thanks you.
Greetings.

2020-03-24 14:35:08 (edited by pitermach 2020-03-24 14:40:20)

Regarding Undead Assault's license, while you don't get anything for Donating Manuel has a pretty promenent donate link on the page, where he makes it clear that any additional donations will help greatly with keeping the game up as long as possible as well as allow faster development. If I understand correctly the agreement he has formed with Tiflohost doesn't completely alleviate server costs, it just makes them much smaller.

Edit: regarding Android super tile smash, the link you gave seems to be for a Spanish version. Will this come up in English if ran on an English phone or is there a separate app available in English?

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2020-03-24 19:35:42

Hi
@pitermach I have not idea.
I suppose you can search the game through google.
As far as I understood, this game is only in English.
Greetings and thanks.

2020-03-24 20:28:18

@Pitermach, I haven't been including Ios ap store links on db pages because the ap store needs to be country specific, and whilst you'll get relocated to the right ap store if you click a link to the wrong one, you'll still need to search, I'm not sure if this is the case with android or not.

2020-03-25 00:10:06 (edited by pitermach 2020-03-25 00:12:37)

There's a trick to app store links to make them non-country specific, you just have to remove the part of the URL that points it to a specific country.

So for example, a US app store link starts with apps.apple.com/us/app/bla. To make it not point to a specific country you just strip the "/us" part of the address, so it looks like apps.apple.com/app/bla instead. With Android, it's a similar story, where the last part of the URL sets what language the site displays in (the part starting with &hl=something). If you remove that from the link then it'll load in whatever language you use on your Google account.

So I did that for the game Fabi linked to, but it still shows a description in Spanish (though Google does offer to translate it for me).

I actually managed to get my hands on an older Android phone and hacked it to run a more recent version of the OS which I'll be using to test things, so I'll try to install it there and see what it does and also see about going through some of the Android exclusive games people posted recently and see about giving them entries.

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2020-03-25 14:00:48

Ah, I didn't know that, that is handy, though whether we should change over all the existing Ios games I'm not sure.
Btw, if you can start adding androikd games that would be great, since I am aware there are several games for Android that really deserve pages, heck some like random adventure roguelike and it's sequel and crimson cult I would fancy trying myself.