2020-03-24 09:55:33

Hi all

We are working on the Multiplayer version of AudioWizards (let's call it AW-MP), and we need to know what are your preferences regarding the platform. I explain:

The game will be a 1st person shooter type, where you become one distortion yourself, and try to kill as many other distortions as possible withing the assigned battling time. You choose which distortion you want to be (lighting, fire, earth and water) and each one has its own pros and cons, like better or worse speed, energy, attack, etc. The game environment is a maze and there would be two mazes, one small for 4 players at a time, and one bigger for 10 players at a time. AW-MP is open to all players. It includes graphics and immersive 3D sound, with some nice tricks to help you to orientate in the maze and figure out where your enemies are.

We are developing this game with a small and young team, and we need some information from you to know how we should proceed in order to minimize risks and maximize success chances. We need to know if you prefer a PC version or a mobile one. The PC version is easier to implement for us, and we actually are already in alpha phase. Beta could be ready within two months. Mobile will take longer, since it is more difficult to implement, and we still didn't come up with good control system.

Monetization system is the other issue. Yeah, we need to get back the investment, since developing games is not actually free when you need to pay salaries. Here, in a mobile version it would be quite easy to implement a free to play system with adds everytime you re-spawn or start a new game. If you want to avoid adds, you can buy the game at a fix price of let's say 10 €. We are not so experience with adds in PC version games. Any ideas about that.

So please, comment if you have comments, and answer the poll if you can.
Best regards and stay safe
David

Ps. By the way, AudioWizards is now on SALE with 60 % off until sunday 29th. We wanted to make easier to people to access the game in this time of quarantine. All sales will help us to get the AW-Multiplayer done!, so come'n people, buy some copies and share them with your friends! This way they will become master distortions when the MP is ready, ja ja.

mytruesound.com - we hear the difference

2020-03-24 11:03:28

Hi.

I would say PC is the best platform for a real time. online game like an fps.

You basicly answered your own question.
What's hard to implement (design wise, the controls in this example) is usually also what's going to be the biggest problem for the players.

Hope it helps ::D

If you like what I do, Feel free to check me out on GitHub, or follow me on Twitter

2020-03-24 11:08:49 (edited by david_oliva 2020-03-24 11:09:45)

NicklasMCHD wrote:

Hi.
I would say PC is the best platform for a real time. online game like an fps.

Thanks Nicklas. You are right.
But monetization is so important here. Multiplayer games need a huge active players based to be effective, and putting a price of 10 $ to the game will reduce the chances of the games to spread like a lot. Adds in PC games don't work well as in mobile gaming.

Any ideas about this issue? what is the willingness to pay?

2020-03-24 11:46:29

I'm personally voting for PC as well. As for monetisation, if that means charging for the entire game, I'd personally be ok with that. If you're worried about it's price tag detering people who otherwise might have bought it, perhaps price it at something like $5? This will hopefully apeal to more people. Maybe do a flash sail at launch to help even more with that?

2020-03-24 12:47:25

Pc for a FPS, 
How about you have a low price starting points for the purchase and upcoming content.

You can have fun with the content such as character phrases, soundtracks, sound effects,
There is a massive pool of creative musicians and voice-over actors which would love to bump up their portfolio with a credit in a piece of media,  which would be beneficial for both parties.

Would it be possible to have more than 10 players on one map, as I think it would be more fun and exciting to do so.  Which could open up the possibilities of having team battles as a mode as well  as well as single player PVP.

One thing to note is the priority of game modes must be extensive as then you will attract more players,  especially game mode like Battle Royale, capture the flag, team death match, survival mode, Pacific weapon battles, king of the hill ETEC

Looking forward to see how this develops.

2020-03-24 13:04:41

pc

2020-03-24 13:16:44

Hi,
I would definetely say PC, because making accessible controls for an FPS on a mobile platform would be very difficult.
For the Price, I agree with others here: do a sale at Launch, then increase the Price. I would say 5 euros (or whatever currency )would be Okay.

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2020-03-24 14:12:06

hi
pc

2020-03-24 15:42:40

Hello @david_oliva

About the platform, the better choice is PC for a FPS game, specially if it will be fast, and with various players playing at real time.

About the pricing, I think that you can offer a subscription system with a small price per mont, or a price per year.

But, with a small initial free content. Like, with a free account you can play only 2 or 3 matches at day, only in the small maps. But if you want to unlock the entire content, you have to pay the suscription. Like 2 usd per month, with a year pack of 15 usd, or something similar.

And, You can share this paiment system (or the suscription) for upcoming games that you have, that need a constant cost of servers hosting and something similar.

is a interesting paying system, and with that you have a motivation to make at time new and upcoming features in time to make the people keep in touch in the project. smile

tongue

2020-03-24 16:11:24

I had already bought  Mobile version of the game, if their will be multiplayer option then may I need to pay again for it?

Thanks and regards.
Madhusudan
Visit my youtube channel to dive into accessible tech tutorial.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvVJNv … 9wXunGvl9A

2020-03-24 16:23:06

I agree with the whole, the PC is more adequate for an FPS

2020-03-24 18:14:23 (edited by david_oliva 2020-03-24 18:27:52)

Nepali gamer wrote:

I had already bought  Mobile version of the game, if their will be multiplayer option then may I need to pay again for it?

I really don't want to sound rude, but you asked so I answer and all clear from now.
Rocky 1 is a different movie than Rocky 2, or Rocky 3, or Rocky 4 which in my opinion is the best of the saga. Similarly, the pizza you buy one day does not entitle you for a pizza the next day. This being said, yes, the game needs to be purchased separately, because it is a complete new game and concept. It has new graphics, new sounds, new game mechanics, new everything..., and yeah, it is multiplayer which is not easy to implement actually.

However, we are not yet sure how much will it cost and so on. For instance, if we go on mobile then most probably you could play if for free, but you will have to suffer the adds. Unless you buy the free from adds version. In PC, most probably there would be some sort of payment.

I hope that is fine and understood by everybody in general. We really can't go for free in this case. Sorry, really.

2020-03-24 18:34:15

I realize this isn't on the poll, so sorry if I've become That Guy(TM), but is the Xbox an option? I'm looking into this for games I develop as well. I think you're using Unity? If Unity offers UWP export, which I suspect it does, an Xbox version may just be a matter of exporting to UWP and testing in dev mode on a console.

I have a Windows VM I boot into for occasional meetings, gaming, and development tasks. But I also have an Xbox. I'll commit to paying at most $20 for an accessible version of this on the Xbox. I'm just one person, so take that for what it's worth. Also happy to help with Xbox-related testing as well, if you're looking for a developer who knows how to file good bug reports.

Of course, I can't use Unity as a blind person, so my hunches are based on my engine of choice (Godot) which does offer UWP export. If this is too much for your small team, then don't worry about it. I'd probably pay for a game like this even if it doesn't play well in my VM, just to support more like it.

Thanks for all that you do.

2020-03-24 18:48:30

nolan wrote:

(...) but is the Xbox an option? (...)

Hi Nolan. Thanks a lot for your insights. I really think Xbox is an option to consider, since it seems regarding accessibility is way ahead PS. But porting our game there could be like just big words. Oh shit, but you actually have a point. I actually wonder if Microsoft might have some support for helping developers with those issues. However, as you say, we are very small team with very limited options at the moment, specially when we are working on another game too. But yeah, thanks for your comments...and I might contact you at some point regarding this issue. Feel free to contact us also by email, [email protected]

2020-03-24 19:21:38

Yeah, no worries if you can't handle it. FOr my part, I was actually pretty stunned when Godot exported a copy of my Asteroids-like shooter that just ran on Android. Granted, I still needed a mobile control scheme, and I had to port the TTS code. So I'm not sure whether the Xbox includes ABI-compatible libraries that'd work with whatever Unity expects (I.e. not sure if it supports plain SAPI, whatever interface ships in WinRT, etc.) Anyhow, not saying there won't be any work, but I was surprised at how little there seemed to be, and I'd love to play this on my console if at all possible. smile

Thanks again.

2020-03-24 22:08:16

Hello guys!
Pc is a good choise, but for mobile, with a combination of gestures, for example maybe it`s possible to implement some thing.

2020-03-24 22:48:17

I like @9s idea. but i think will see less players like that.
it would be nice to have a online game for the phone but I also agree that pc would be better, i would pay between 10 and 20 yes yes

follow me on
twitter
now go away, don't talk to me

2020-03-24 23:24:55

PC!
Yes!

Cristian.

2020-03-25 03:43:27

PC definitely, if you're going for an online competetive FPS title. As for pricing, either a small subscription fee monthly or anually, or a reminder to please donate in addition to an initial purchase fee.

Discord: clemchowder633

2020-03-28 16:26:59

Hi. Thanks a lot for your answers. The opinion seems to be quite much towards PC.

Everyone agree?

A second question: if we do PC and we try to avoid Steam because of its poor accessibility, which one then? Itch.io or...?

Regards and stay safe

2020-04-01 23:20:39

I am wondering which price is the best. I think you should sell this game very cheap, because if you sell it expensive, you will have small players. I am wondering how much money get swamp, alteraeon or surviwe the wild. And maybe We will pay by paypall? I am not sure but if you want to buy account on swamp, you send money by paypall.
Hmm. maybe free version for all but with 2, not 4 elements, and reminder about donation. You can also add any features for premium players, for example your character has any voice, but only players who bought this game they will have more voices to choose.
I want to say, the best idea is create a free version of game and if you don't want to play, you can and you have the same chances as players who bought this game, but some inconvenience. I think you should ask other developers how much money they get from their games.
Ps. pc version is the best.

2020-04-04 11:02:43

Hi
Just a small update about the AW-Multiplayer, since I know many are waiting for it.
Yesterday we did our first serious alfa version where four developers played simultaneously the game. And it had bugs and quite few things to fix. But nothing impossible. Sounds were good quality, but still we need to improve the balance between sight and hearing.
Furthermore, the game play was actually fun. You are a distortion yourself and you need to decide before each span which one you are. Some are faster and some are slower but harder, and so they require more hits to be killed. One of the tasks for the beta testing phase is to get feedback to get a consistent balance between the different elements and the skills.
For the beta, we will most probably go with a all against all principle, up to six players in the same arena. But yeah, lets see. More news in 2 weeks. Most probably then we will start to recruit betatesters. Don't apply yet. We need to centralize the procedure.

2020-04-04 11:03:29

And yeah, it will be for PC. No mac yet, no mobile yet.

2020-04-04 11:42:55

hi i think PC and for the moniteytion u can do some thing like the game is free but if u want more power and defens and enerji u can pay 5$ up to 35$ the more u pay the mor power u will get. best rigards

"But did you, in your three-piece psychology and 1950's technobrain,
ever take a look behind the eyes of the hacker?  Did you ever wonder what
made him tick, what forces shaped him, what may have molded him?"

2020-04-04 12:47:49 (edited by david_oliva 2020-04-04 12:48:07)

amir tajik wrote:

hi i think PC and for the moniteytion u can do some thing like the game is free but if u want more power and defens and enerji u can pay 5$ up to 35$ the more u pay the mor power u will get. best rigards

Thanks for the comment. But that would be “pay to win” and our game will not have that. It is an option but not in our games. Skills and practice are the key, not the money