2020-02-17 00:41:48

Hello.
A couple questions.
1. Why does OBS randomly crash when doing a live stream? I've done two streams within the past two weeks, and whenever I go to check chats or something, I end up alt tabbing into a dialogue that says OBS also crashed.
Also, how do I get it to show more than a black screen?
I want to have text that just says, "This is an audio game. Please use headphones". Something along those lines so that the people with a decent amount of vision aren't looking at a black screen the entire time.
Any info is appreciated. Thanks

If you wish to contact me privately, you can do so in the following ways.
Telegram, Rich_Beardsley. Discord, RichBeardsley. Facebook, Rich W. Beardsley
Twitter, RichBeardsley. Email, [email protected]. Both iMessages and emails are welcome.
Battle tag, Rich#12744. You can also add me through my email address.

2020-02-17 02:01:11

you can add a image source and type the text on there. For the crashing try to only have the game and obs opend. I think it is becouse of ram.

My discord: the_real_amethyst
Join my accessible Pokémon discord server

2020-02-17 11:49:23

actually, obs contains a lot of stuff for stremers, I really want some one to figure out all the stuff and make a tutorial for blind users.
it would be apriciated.

allow me to speak more,
catch me on Twitter
or, Mastodon

2020-02-17 11:57:19

I am thinking of duing the same

2020-02-17 15:42:21

I would also really appreciate it if someone could do both an OBS tutorial, and a tutorial on that stupid control room that YouTube has now

Twitter, RichBeardsley. Email, [email protected]. Both iMessages and emails are welcome.

2020-02-18 01:33:09

I can try duing a tutorial of OBS

2020-02-18 17:11:23

@1
If you want text, you just need to add a text source to your scene, put the text in a local file (so you can change it should you need to) and then go from there.

As for crashing, what are your pc/computer's specs?

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2020-03-12 00:44:36

Hi.

Hmm, I can't even figure out how to ad a source, all manuals I consulted said to click in an empty field, is there another way of recording a game with video?

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2020-03-12 01:45:45 (edited by angel_diva22 2020-03-12 01:46:45)

A tutorial would be nice, IMHO. However, people have said to me time and time again there isn't much hope for us to set OBS up without usable print vision. Which, if that is true, that is very sad and annoying indeed.

And 2, again, if that is true, the day we *can* set it up without site will be a day of celebration and victory! Hahaha big_smile

2020-03-12 01:50:44

Hello there,

simba wrote:

Hi.

Hmm, I can't even figure out how to ad a source, all manuals I consulted said to click in an empty field, is there another way of recording a game with video?

Yeah, a lot of manuals don't detail anything very well for those of us who don't have usable print vision. However, as for your question, whether there is another way, I have seen talk ages back about people trying to use Reaper, but that would be another topic, since I know this is an OBS topic, big_smile

2020-03-23 14:03:30

Hi all.
I am curently working on a video tutorial on OBS. It will come out on friday.
I will show how to set it up from start to finish.

2020-03-23 16:05:30

sweet!

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2020-03-23 16:59:03

Thanks
Would you be able to go over that stupid control room layout at some point as well? I would appreciate it because I have not yet been able to use that thing effectively. It takes me multiple tries to get the Go Live button to show up, and I never remember how I did it.
That was probably the worst thing that Google did to YouTube

2020-03-24 09:49:22

You can just press start streaming in OBS

2020-03-25 09:39:44

@14, can you link it here when your done?

If you found this post helpful, amusing or funny, please thumb it up!
To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

2020-03-27 22:05:07

Hi.
I made te video, but the file was corupt.
I will try making a new one tomoro.
The video will come out. It ust tkes a little more time.

2020-04-07 16:28:54

Ok.
Here is the tutorial.
https://youtu.be/LWh_WWEFGbU
Hope you find it usefull.All links are in the discription

2020-04-07 17:11:37

@The Manamon Player. thanks. Just one suggestion, can you show how you transition between seems. for example I want to put an intro thing before my stream starts, then I want to transition to the game. How do I do that?

To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

2020-04-07 17:15:02

I think you just select the scen you want to show. Then when your intro is over select the game sceen.

2020-04-07 22:21:49 (edited by angel_diva22 2020-04-07 22:24:29)

You can do transitions, you have to configure them, from what I saw first. If I figure that out, I'll see what I can do as far as a tutorial or podcast of some sort big_smile.

2020-04-08 02:34:57

First, @Manamon Player I personally think you do need to slow your speech down when takeing people through this, but over all I did find it usefull. Now a question of my own. What hotkeys would people suggest setting up over all? Personally would like to be in the game in question before pressing record. Of course, I want it to be something that is not likely to conflict with the commands of the game. Of course, pausing would be usefull too.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2020-04-08 04:24:14

I got it working, thanks to a few people on Twitter. I don't know why people say you need sighted help. Maybe for scenes and transitions, but for basically getting recording of games with audio and video, it works pretty well, better than I expected it to.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2020-04-08 04:32:17

I can't seem to get anything working. Maybe it's because I didn't end up updating my Nvidia Quadro driver, but it just won't let me record at all.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2020-04-08 05:31:53 (edited by angel_diva22 2020-04-08 05:32:39)

A little note to Intel users,
There is no dedicated encoder for Intel processor users, so you'll have to use the h.264, or whatever it is called. big_smile

2020-04-08 07:04:19

So how do I play music in my intro scene.