2020-03-15 19:44:30

Saint Patrick's day events have begun on Erion! Rumor has it, you may reel in rare items while fishing in the days leading up to Saint Patrick's Day.

Fishing is a new feature and is quite realistic and non-spammy, allowing one to fish off a boat or on land, or to wade in water if one prefers to get their feet wet. Unlock the fishing skill by starting a new mission in Hillock Hills, and check out our new fishing area, Anglers Cove while you are at it! smile

We've also implemented 2 new weekly events for fishing- First Catch, and Speed Fishing!

Tomorrow, March 16th begins the Leprechaun's Luck event. Hunt down leprechauns for gold and questpoints, and collect their pots of gold to give to the greedy Leprechaun at recall who takes them in exchange for random rewards.

On March 17th, gold drops from mobs will be doubled for 15 hours!

Thank you to everyone who has come to check out Erion or offered ideas for game improvements. We hope to see you around for the festivities!

Address: erionmud.com Port 1234

Kindly,
Aelyn

2020-03-15 20:51:41

Hi there is there a sound pack and a mud client that you can recomend me to play this games with?

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2020-03-16 05:20:46

hello
I think you should play it with Vip mud, which is located on
http://gmagames.com
HTH!

2020-03-16 12:44:41 (edited by Dark 2020-03-16 12:45:00)

To anyone interested in unique activities, I'll say Erion's fishing is probably the most unique implementation I've seen. Where in most games you just equip a fishing rod, maybe bait the hook and then just wait, Erion has actual fish behaviour and need to actually move your rod, as well as perform several actions to land a fish.

The only miner issue I found is that the fish themselves aren't too interesting once you get them, or at least the ones I found just gave you an extra movement refresh, whereas it'd be nice to have something else to do with them, EG get questoints, save up for some bonuses, or maybe use them to get an extra nice buff.
that being said though, the activity is a lot of fun in and of itself.

I'll also be interested to see if I can run across a lepricorn or two.
@ashleygrobler04, no, erion does not have a soundpack!

Honestly! the only muds with soundpacks are arlteraeon, Clok, cyber assault, cosmic rage, Miriani and Materiamagica (and materiamagica's has very few sounds).

Muds are text games.
If you don't want to play text games, don't play muds, or at least, stick to the above.

Sorry if this is harsh, but I get so sick of this constant chorus of "soundpack soundpack soundpack" everytime someone mentions the word mud.

Soundpacks are great, don't get me wrong, but soundpacks also take literally months and years to create, and often involve as much programming as the mud itself, so expecting a soundpack for every mud is like expecting every song ever recorded to come with a 72 piece live orchestra and being disappointed when it doesn't!

Muds are text games, and can be fun, amazing and awesome text games, and Erion is a very fun mud to play, and one I'd recommend to everyone, and one furthermore which, isn't any worse because it doesn't have a soundpack, as in fact the vast vast vast majority of muds do not!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-03-16 13:12:29

Also, the unofficial squaresoft mud has an amazing one for mushclient as well. I completely agree with you as well, I hate when people constantly bring up the soundpack question.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2020-03-16 14:22:18

mmmm cooking?

2020-03-16 16:04:43

Hi Dark!
You are absolutely absolutely wright and you will hear nearly no complaint about your point of view. Buuuuuuuuuuut! HAHA! I think we should be so honest and differentiate between a soundpack and a HMM, soundpack.
In most muds i played i have created a little little pack for my own to help me in reacting to combat or to point out some special happenings to which I have to react in a fast way.
Chattings, attackings, special stuff in a room, or notifications about special happenings.
Again, you are absolutely wright. And i thank you for your post cause you copy my thoughts. But there are more than a view situations in which sounds can help you a lot to master a mud.
We realy need a special term to point out those packs.
Maybe Helppack?

2020-03-19 22:20:57

But but, we need sound packs because we're blind and we're special and we need to have an edge over sighted people who can know what's going on through colors and screen readers are too stupid to understand color and oh its just not fair!!!!!

Lol. I'll have to check out Erion again, I tried it once, don't know why I stopped playing.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2020-03-20 07:49:50

Actually as far as colour goes, Erion follows games like aardwolf or materiamagica, or for that matter alteraeon in just replicating colour effects in text.
for example, when a sighted player would see the name of a mob written in a different colour to indicate it's alignment, in erion you just get it told to you, and what's more you can set whether you see this upon looking at mobs entering rooms, using the scan command or what.

Actually, that's a feature I really like, since there's nothing quicker than just  using the scan command and getting a list of all the mobs in either your room or the next one over and all the relevent info in one sentence, whether they're good or evil, whether they're a shop keeper or have missions or whatever.

That's actually a feature I really like, especially in a quick hacknslash game which isn't over populated with agro mobs.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-03-20 09:10:34

what level do you recommend me to do level 1 to 11 global quest? I am still level one though , but there is this target located in hell which insta kill me if I enter that location.

2020-03-20 12:39:55

Lol Jason.
If it's a level 1-11 global quest, then well the highest possible level is eleven. You can fight higher level mobs than your player level quite successfully, but only when you've got the right gear/abilities to do so, which you probably won't at level 1.

Btw, I don't remember a hell area in Erion?

2020-03-20 14:14:41

maybe that one is a new area?
oh lol I thought  it ment the quest is compatible for everyone in a range of level 1 to 11 big_smile

2020-03-20 15:42:56

when I was doing the global quests on St. Patrick's day, they were having me go hunt down leprechauns in areas that were completely inappropriate for me, so that could be part of it.

2020-03-20 16:16:38

yes, my target was leprechaun

2020-03-20 16:44:57

Sorry about that Leprechaun issue with the global quests!! Those leprechaun mobs were supposed to get flagged so they aren't part of any quests, but weren't. It's fixed now.... for next year, lol. Thanks for checking out the mud ya'll smile

2020-03-20 16:52:03

hahaha it's ok, lost a few xp because of that but it's fine big_smile

2020-03-22 01:45:27

Okay, I think my old account, because I didn't play for like, months or more, was deleted, which is probably a good thing because I can't RP as an Illithad. Browsing the site, @ErionMUD, I noticed that a lot of the images don't have descriptions, like the races and such. Can descriptions be added?

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2020-03-22 14:47:20

I agree. Being a D&D veteran, I know what an illithid looks like, but probably a lot of people don't. Also, maybe have some appearance choices when we create our characters, even if just to give us slightly varying apperances would be nice.

2020-03-22 20:40:22

I thought there were descriptions in the help files of the mud itself, but I'd have to double check.