2020-03-22 14:40:53

so, if I set up in input box it will put in ok and cancel options in it, I dont want a cancel option, I only nead ok, can I do this with bgt?

2020-03-22 14:54:10

Not without creating one by hand, no.
The question wasn’t stupid by the way. At least you provided a clear objective and a definite goal, something more than some other topics on here did.

2020-03-22 14:57:11

well, I sed its stupid because of peaple, everyone make a question about bgt they will say, reed the fucking manyule! thank you for ansering me btw, do you know any include that can do that or I have to create one if its pocible

2020-03-22 15:17:26

You can create one yourself, yes.
I don't have the BGT manual on hand, but looking at what the input_box returns should be enough. Make a loop that continues to pop up an input box when the user presses cancel and breaks whenever they press okay. It doesn't get much simpler than that.
As for an include, I'm afraid there isn't one that meets your wishes. My way would probably be the simplest to accomplish

2020-03-22 15:34:13

ok, now I think i'm tirning to stupid question, last one, how can I make in input box that can right a number to in integer, lets say
int test;
void main()
{
test=input_box("hi", "that wont work");
}
I know that wont work because I cant change a string to in int, but can I do anything to make it so you tipe numbers and it will replase the integer with it?

2020-03-22 15:44:43

That again is a question the BGT manual can answer properly though. See the function string_to_number(), it will be of some help for you.

2020-03-22 15:46:48

You can do string_to_number() which exactly does as it says that is, gives you an integral/decimal type of the string value. Moreover, for your first question, you could create an input_box with forms, although that might not be exactly what you want. I think you could also achieve doing some dialog boxes with Windows API, although I haven't looked into it. I could be wrong though

2020-03-22 15:54:11

thanks guys

2020-03-22 16:27:50

in bgt includes directory which were exist previously, I've placed an input box function. it might seem useful.
also bgt can't call many of the windows api functions specially those that use structures, and creating dialog boxes or windows require structs which bgt doesn't support.
you can create something in another programming language like c and call it from within bgt.

2020-03-22 16:51:02

I have that if you mean the bgt include master, I have that

2020-03-22 17:35:47

without even reading the post,
vaig.
Topic.
Titles.

2020-03-22 17:45:50 (edited by amerikranian 2020-03-22 17:46:07)

@11, what's the point of your post? You can't complain about being vague if you don't bother reading what he asks for. While the title is muddy, the actual post outlines clearly what the OP wants

2020-03-22 18:04:48

lol lol lol

2020-03-22 19:08:02

You can also do this, if you want, though the other way is probably better.
//Ask the user for their dreams, but not allow the input box to be blank.

void main()
{
string test=input_box("Test","Please enter your dreams.");
if(test=="")
{
alert("Hi","You cannot have empty dreams. There is hope for you! Try again!");
main(); //We just go to the main function and it will ask them again what they want for their dreams.
}
alert("Okay","Enjoy your dreams of "+stuff+"!");
exit();
}

2020-03-22 21:00:25

@10 yes. i have written a file called something like get_input.bgt or input_box.bgt (don't remember it's name exactly).
@14 this is somehow bad (consider that a function calls itself in a loop, then a stackoverflow error can occur).

2020-03-23 04:26:57

@12, true. My point however is this. I should not have to click on a topic to find that out. How hard is it to at least vaigly elude to what your post says in your topic titles? You're asking people to help you, at least put a little bit of effort into creating your topics.

2020-03-23 05:06:48

Then it’s just as simple as scrolling past the offending topic. After all, since it is so vague it is not worth your time, right? You don’t have to post and contribute nothing but complaints.
What you can also do is answer the question and suggest for them to be more clear in the future.  From my personal experience, that usually works better than flat out complaining.

2020-03-23 10:10:54

have to agree with @11 here. was vague and I clicked to find out what it was about too. 2 minutes of my life I won't get back. also, @1 if bgt is so easy and cool that you won't change languages, why are you having to ask questions on simple things?

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.