2020-03-19 20:14:10

Firstly, I'd like to give big thanks to Americranian and Nathan for their wonderful python  tutorials. Nathan, your auditory lessons did help me get on my feet with programming, and the game section did help me with development concepts.
Americranian, Your tutorials really helped solidify the concepts that Nathan tought me, in addition to providing the modules to help me create. I've already started on a project, and all my previous ahem, announcements are now scrapped. I don't know when I'll be finishd with this, but by the time I release it, I intend to make sure you guys don't have to worry about much bugs.
Secondly, to everyone, what was the first Python programme you've ever made?
I'm curious to know what was the first, fully functioning pythone programme you've ever made?

A hint as to what my project is about, its named after a song written by a boy band.
The initials are,
CYSTR? or Chrysler. Chrysler is not its exact name, more like a project nickname.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-03-19 20:28:10

Also, huge thanks to NiclasMCHD and all the intelligent persons behind the Lucia engine.

_____

2020-03-19 21:17:37

persons is rong, you should say people instedd
my first program was a thing ike alert in bgt

2020-03-19 23:49:58

lol jaden, did you rote that post while you're drunk? xd, my first thing made is not in pithon, well, I guess i'll never lirn pithon, anyway, I made a game that your gole in it to make peaple die, no, not kill them by weapons, but, set them in fire! hit them with tables! droun them! i'm adding mor things to it so I can release it, its in bgt

2020-03-20 01:50:19

Before I reply, persons is technically not wrong. It is grammatically correct. Is it a bit unconventional? Of course. But, it is an English word.  Also, and this is a bit personal. I don’t like when others pick on my grammar without me asking for feedback. I am aware that I’m making mistakes. I am aware that my sentence structure is not always going to be flawless. But this isn’t an English classroom for god‘s sake.
I’m glad that somebody found my tutorials useful. You’re welcome.
Technically my first hand written game was a runner wear in addition to jumping and ducking over stuff you had items of different pitch blocking your path. If you ran into one, you died. You had to smash them with your weapon, but your weapon must also match the same pitch as the items. Unfortunately for you, the weapon didn’t make any noise as you change it’s pitch.  It wasn’t that bad, though, seeing as you only had five options to choose from and they stayed constant from game to game.  The code was a mess, but the end product was fun as a short time waster.

2020-03-20 01:50:41

mind giving links to those?

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2020-03-20 06:30:20 (edited by amerikranian 2020-03-20 06:30:50)

Links to what?

2020-03-20 08:23:45

hi,
mine was a bit different.
in C++ a backdoor and a key logger (just for my testing and learning perpus).
in bgt rock paper scissors.
in python I made an application for classifying weather an email is spam or not (maybe I'll make it available as an API).

2020-03-20 09:36:07

at5
this could be feadback, its up to you what to do with it
unconventional words can be rong right now

2020-03-20 16:13:10

@1 and @2, thanks. Nice to know, that the work we do are appreciated

If you like what I do, Feel free to check me out on GitHub, or follow me on Twitter

2020-03-20 17:33:00

@3 alright then. If you put it this way
it's instead, not instedd.
It's wrong, not rong.
@9
it's feedback, not feadback.

I don't like to pick on people's mistakes as I do them my self, but after all unconventional words can be wrong, and this could be feedback and it's up to you what to do with it.

Paul

2020-03-20 18:42:25

at11
as you said, its up to me so!
thanks for telling me this correct spellings
instead, wrong, feedback
I lurned correct spelling of some words! thanks again

2020-03-20 19:33:27

@12,
As I said, its up to the person getting the feedback.
Thanks for the correct spelling. As a person whose native language isn't even English, I should really stop correcting people who have been speaking English since birth. Jaidon, I'm sorry for correcting you, even though your use of the word was correct. I won't ever correct native English speakers, or anyone who has more knowledge in a field than I do.

@Meatbag, why was my post looking like I was drunk? Please illaberate.
@Americranian, NiclasMCHD and paul, thanks for defending me. And I was always told to thank the people who helped me on my journey of life.

_____

2020-03-20 21:35:31 (edited by manamon_player 2020-03-20 21:36:12)

at13, think how you'd like to think
persons is rong, was my comment, if rong you could say its rong, not turning it to battlefield with fully rockets and missiles

2020-03-20 21:40:04

Persons, is in fact, correct. There's a TV show called "Persons Of Interest".
The FBI and other places use the word Persons. Next thing you're gonna tell me is Colour is wrong? Huh?

_____

2020-03-20 21:41:38

And as a matter of fact, this topic was created to tell Nathan, Americranian and Niclas thanks for the great resources they created to help the community. Not to get help with my already decent grammar from somebody who doesn't even speak proper grammar themselves.

_____

2020-03-20 22:23:28

at 15, respect every one's comments if its even rong
I hope you'll learn this one too
if someone tells this is maybe rong, it doesn't means hes the best

2020-03-21 00:26:07

The thing that we all need to keep in mind is that feedback is typically granted after one asks for it. If the OP had written an essay and specifically asked for critiques, then what you posted would be semi-valid. However, he did not.  Your feedback was not only off-topic, but it also wasn’t wanted.

2020-03-21 03:24:07

I mean to be fair it wasn't nice for op to go off on @15. I just try to ignore off topic feedback if I get it, but honestly not a lot of feedback is received over here.

2020-03-21 07:44:25

lmao,
@11, your post actually helped me, now I know the correct spelling of feedbac.

allow me to speak more,
catch me on Twitter
or, Mastodon

2020-03-21 08:37:15

persons is correct, but more formal. also, it's not speak proper grammar either smile. it's speak with proper grammar. Don't worry I'm joking.

2020-03-21 11:04:45

Yeah nathan is really helping me with his tutorials.

If you found this post helpful, amusing or funny, please thumb it up!
To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

2020-03-21 11:54:36

my first game in bgt was deadland, that was a bunch of shit. then in python it was a simple pig game, but that one is still so full of bugs.
so i am not going to release that one, though i still have the source of it. i should actually go and fix that game... but am not in the mmood. and by the way that pig game was made using lucia.

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.