2011-02-05 15:16:30

I was looking at the reciva IRadio app and was wondering how accessibil it is. I also heard these internet based radios that you can use to listen to streaming radio. I also heard of some of these using a data base called reciva. How accessibil are these? Have any of yall tried using one of these and is it werth while?

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2011-02-05 16:11:19

I've thought about trying one but frankly there's just way too many stations for me to mess about with it. So long as something had BBC radios 1, 4 and 7 I'm happy. All the ones I've seen though have hundreds listed and I don't want to muck about finding the one I want amid the rubbish.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2011-02-05 20:49:16

CX2, in that case, you may want to try out Tapin Radio. It's a perfectly accessible internet radio player where you can search for a particular station easily in many ways, including sorting by region, by genre and even by bitrate, if I am not mistaken.
This should also help cw as you do not have to fiddle with any other external databases and stuff, it contains direct links to thousands of stations right out of the box and is as comfortable to use as any ordinary media player.
HTH,
Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2011-02-05 21:44:36

Hi Cw,
Here is a link for tapin radio:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/hzlb98
Thanks.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2011-02-05 21:53:17

I install reciva IRadio on my touch about a hour or two ago and setup an account on reciva. the main thing about the reciva thing that I like is that I can have all my favorite stations show up on any radio that I buy that supports reciva or that's how it is supposed to work. Of corse there is the search feature, wich is easier to do on my PC. The only problem I have with a built in data base is the updating part. Reciva looks like it has a pretty up to date data base. Of corse, any database that is pretty up to date will most likely have thousands of stations. I would have not have even attempted to use reciva if I couldn't  search for the stuff I like. I haven't used tapin yet, but it sounds like it does roughly the same kind of thing that most of the radio apps I tried on the IPod touch. Does tapin record streams too?

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2011-02-06 02:17:49

It certainly does.
Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2011-02-06 17:00:25

Personally, I like wunder radio. The database is powered by Radio Time, so it's easy to sort, and always up to date; Radio Time is a database of internet and regular radio stations, run by people who are paid to keep it up to date, and then they resell the database to application developers. So this way, you know you've always got the most up to date links and station information. The other thing that I like about wunder radio that I've never found in any other app, is it lets me browse by show, not just station. So if I want to listen to Coast To Coast AM, I don't have to worry about what stations carry it and have a free slot in there stream; I just search for the show, and it gives me a list of every station playing that show, right now. Then I just pick one and listen!  The only feature it doesn't have is recording, but I don't ever want to do that, so it doesn't matter so much for me.

2011-04-13 22:59:27

tunein radio has a search feature to search for different shows that you like and it has a recording feature. it has access to the radio time database. So having the reciva and tunein radio apps on my IPod touch  makes my IPod touch a really good portable internet radio. having tapin radio on my desktop kind of serves that need.

DropBox Referral