2020-03-10 16:54:18 (edited by Kostiantyn 2020-06-13 12:50:43)

Dear community!

I`d like to offer my new audio game – Echoid for your attention.
Leave your eyes and make use of your ears for playing!
You control the  ball moving between platforms in 3 rows.
A trap randomly appears on your way.
Your task is to avoid it, so listen carefully where the trap is.
It is not as easy as it seems.
To control the ball is as simple as ABC - just use swipe to the left and swipe to the right.
This interesting and endless game requires quick reflexes and concentration!
The longer you play, the more points you score and the more difficult the game becomes.

Link to the full version for iOS:
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/echoid/id1517825885?ls=1

Link to the lite version for Android:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta … idlite.com
There are only 2 sides where the ball moves, while the full version has 3 of them. The complexity is slightly simplified and limited.

Link to the full version for Android:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta … echoid.com
The game has 3 sides for the ball movement, while Echoid Lite has only 2 of them. The full complexity, without simplifications and restrictions, is available to the player.

Link to the lite and full PC versions:
https://evi1ove.itch.io/echoid

2020-03-10 19:18:50

Hi there, that's awesome. Is there a demo to listen to or try for PC before deciding to purchase?

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2020-03-10 19:34:03

Muhammad Hajjar wrote:

Hi there, that's awesome. Is there a demo to listen to or try for PC before deciding to purchase?

Hello, thank you for your interest! I will add Demo tomorrow.

2020-03-10 20:04:19

Hello Friend,, I found your game incredible. I can help with High quality sounds. contact me via email. [email protected]

meet the eternal legend, accessibility group for games and applications in Brazil. main group to bring accessible games to the blind.
official website    
our discord server
youtube channel

2020-03-11 11:58:15 (edited by Kostiantyn 2020-03-11 11:58:31)

Muhammad Hajjar wrote:

Demo for PC version added.
https://evi1ove.itch.io/echoid

2020-03-11 19:25:15

Thanks. Will check it out right now.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2020-03-11 19:36:32

Added this to my wish list. I do hope that the full version gets faster than the demo, but I do like the retro inspired sounds. I'll pick this up when I can. smile

2020-03-12 08:31:23

This is a cool little game! I like the retro sounds too.

One downside is you have to use OCR with NVDA to find your scores. Put simply, the screen reader can't access the information, so you have to use a special feature which allows it to scan graphics and guess the text inside. I don't like relying on that when I don't have to, and it kinda erodes the concept of an accessible game. I'd prefer a simple dialog or a voice prompt, perhaps through your default Sapi voice for the score. I haven't tried with IOS yet so maybe the situation is different there.

The full version does get faster than the demo, but if you have average/quick reflexes, it is no problem to max it out sadly. I feel like the max speed should be greatly increased. Perhaps even unlimited as the point is for it to go too fast for you to keep up.

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2020-03-12 12:54:14 (edited by nyanchan 2020-03-12 12:58:56)

Unfortunately, I have to say that it is a major flaw that the game doesn't read scores, especially if blind players are taken into consideration. I hope it'll be implemented in the near future.
Assuming you're using Unity, the only way to implement this for all the platforms is to record spoken number phrases, combine them in the right order and play them back.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2020-03-12 19:35:00

KenshiraTheTrinity wrote:

Added this to my wish list. I do hope that the full version gets faster than the demo, but I do like the retro inspired sounds. I'll pick this up when I can. smile

Hello, thank you for your interest!
At the beginning the speed is the same in the full version of the game. But there is completely a different formula and the speed will be much higher with time.
And the full version has 3 sides, instead of 2.

2020-03-12 19:36:31

musicalman wrote:

This is a cool little game! I like the retro sounds too.

One downside is you have to use OCR with NVDA to find your scores. Put simply, the screen reader can't access the information, so you have to use a special feature which allows it to scan graphics and guess the text inside. I don't like relying on that when I don't have to, and it kinda erodes the concept of an accessible game. I'd prefer a simple dialog or a voice prompt, perhaps through your default Sapi voice for the score. I haven't tried with IOS yet so maybe the situation is different there.

The full version does get faster than the demo, but if you have average/quick reflexes, it is no problem to max it out sadly. I feel like the max speed should be greatly increased. Perhaps even unlimited as the point is for it to go too fast for you to keep up.

I understand how it is important for you. In the full version for PC I will add voice in the nearest time. In Android version I can`t promise to do it immediately.
IOS version is in the plan now.

2020-03-12 19:37:43

nyanchan wrote:

Unfortunately, I have to say that it is a major flaw that the game doesn't read scores, especially if blind players are taken into consideration. I hope it'll be implemented in the near future.
Assuming you're using Unity, the only way to implement this for all the platforms is to record spoken number phrases, combine them in the right order and play them back.

I understand how it is important for you. But I'm not working with Unity, my engine is a bit limited. But reading scores for PC in the full version I will add in the nearest time. In Android version I can`t promise to do it immediately.

2020-03-13 15:49:03

No, audiowizard use unity and can use the tts voices.

I usualy speak french, so please excuse all my english mistakes. Thanks!

2020-03-13 20:52:56

@nyanchan, @musicalman
PC version is updated. Scoring with TTS based on your operating system settings is added.

@kruf, i understand this. But i used another engine, not Unity.

2020-06-13 12:49:31 (edited by Kostiantyn 2020-06-13 12:49:48)

Dear community!
A big update for Android version has been released. I know how it is important for you when the game voices the score, so I’ve added TTS. Also I reworked difficult. The game has become much more dynamic and difficulty.
Apart from it, I’ve released a version for iOS:
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/echoid/id1517825885?ls=1

2020-06-14 03:01:44

I downloaded the IOS version this morning and love it. Thank you for another great game. I can boast a high score of 190 so far.

2020-06-14 06:03:33

sounds awesome!

2020-06-21 08:50:31

I tried out the demo with reference to making a db entry, but I have a couple of questions about the full game.
The demo does not seem to read scores, and when I tried OCR I was told "content is not visible", though I'm guessing from people's responses in this topic, scores are read in the full game.
Also, does the full game involve any other features beyond avoiding traps with the ball? And how fast do things get, since I confess I actually had to quit the demo after playing for a while since the speed didn't really get high enough to be difficult.

I do like the 8 bit sounds though, although I wish there were a few more.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-06-21 10:11:49

I have the IOS version. The game becomes more difficult the further you progress. There is also an extra lane to deal with. There are no other objectives.

2020-06-21 19:37:08

Dark wrote:

I tried out the demo with reference to making a db entry, but I have a couple of questions about the full game.
The demo does not seem to read scores, and when I tried OCR I was told "content is not visible", though I'm guessing from people's responses in this topic, scores are read in the full game.
Also, does the full game involve any other features beyond avoiding traps with the ball? And how fast do things get, since I confess I actually had to quit the demo after playing for a while since the speed didn't really get high enough to be difficult.

I do like the 8 bit sounds though, although I wish there were a few more.

Game has own TTS, so you don't need OCR.
The full version has 3 lanes, and higher speed then DEMO. There are no other objectives, but i'm thinking about this one.

2020-06-21 19:37:36

New update for iOS version. Leaderbord is ready!