2020-03-12 08:34:30

Well here in new zealand we have had 5 cases right now.
We take sanatiser about with us, we wash our hands before meals and try not to touch railings and such or our faces though it can be a bit difficult at times.
We are going through a droubt in new zealand which means well stuff we have is a lot less than it should be.
Supplies continue to continue, but I know since my uncle or one of them works in a healthcare company manufacturing respirators and tubes, that they have 4 months worth of raw materials.
However small things like wiring, tape and other small things like light bulbs are in short supply.
Another person working at a kitchen place says small things like light bulbs and covers for lights are running out.
A person I spoke to at count down says that everyone is stocking up on bottled water, toilet paper and rice and we are getting low on drugs.
My mum is due to have a knee replacement in the next couple months.
One thing's for sure, we may have 6 months and maybe if we push a year but the world can't stay stopped for that long.
My biggest concern apart from the echonomic situation is running out of things on a big scale.
I mean down the line if something breaks, then we may not be able to replace or repair it.
Power, water and the net, if we lose power and water, we won't survive for to long even though my family and I am stockpiling tinned and packaged food and fuel for our camping cookers, matches and candles.
I have stocked deoderant and dentle floss as well as toothpaste and a few things.
We have several packets of 2 minute knoodles to just in case.
The media seem to be ok, news seems ok, and the government seem to be managing things well enough, but we have only had 5 cases.
Eating places and malls are quieter though, and a lot of people have noticed.
We are being told by businesses and the government that if you feel sick, stay home till you are not.
There is a number to ring if you think you have the virus, you must phone your doctor if you feel unwell etc.
The government are ready to lock down the country but say they will only do it if they need to.
We have watched the world begin to end and we are ready and prepaired.
As for this virus, it seems this maybe something we will have to live with.
With this in mind we need a vaxeen for that so we can live with it.
With a lot of stuff no longer going, sports and the like who knows.
Some family were going to india for a holiday and I was going to hawaii next month.
All travel has been closed and I plan to tour part of my country for a week.
We will drive down by car staying in places, and tour that way.
We will see friends and various people along the way.
I do have university work and will have to eventually ask when or if thats a no go.
I have 2 remote jobs lined up and been acccepted for 1.
Still the end will come when the bombs drop.
If we lose power and water we may have a chance at surviving, but the net, it will be the end of the world when the net dropps.
After all, how can we live if google and facebook go down.
The modern world is all digitised, we may as well be borg.
Hmmm maybe if the world is going bad being borg doesn't sound half bad.
They don't after all seem to get viruses, ever.
I think the point of no return is still a few months away, but what needs to happen is a minimal trade needs to restart so at least we have a chance.
I am not panicking just yet.
Its 5 cases, just 5.
Be carefull sure, but not panic.
Now if we have 20 cases a day or several hundred, then yeah, I'll panic then.
This panic is causing more and more damage than the virus.
Look at south korea.
Some religious leader is or was going to get charged with murder for starting the infections there.
No news on investigation so he's obviously been killed along with family, who knows.
There have been some reports from various groups I am out out of china.
Some countries are handling this by making sure its quiet and anyone going against them is terminated.
Yeah frapitalists about hmm thats not good but then what system is better, comunism, the extreme white or muslams, some utopia or system we havn't heard of.
Every system from religious to whatever will have a draw back everything does there is no perfect system.
All I know that while all the money money's are being a bit of a bad bunch I don't think we are killing people officially because we don't like them saying something we don't like or want someone to hear.
Thats not a dig at anyone on here its just about is all.
The fact here and on some other international lists we can at least have this discussion is proof that we are allowed as long as its not against any one country or government or hatefull.
There are many people from scammers to bullies that will take advantage.
The government has told those that want to look for things to only look o who and their websites because of all the videos and social network stuff.
We have pulled away from some of the groups we belong to because a lot of our groups like rumors and speculation.
The thing is, the sooner we find a way to keep this thing in check, ie we live with it and just have it in normal lives or a way to make it run off quickly the sooner we can start living again.
I would prefur if it infected the entire world tomorrow while we at least have resources.
In 6 months to a year we may not have resources.
Any thing more than that and we may as well drop the nuke allready.
If as people seem to be sayin this thing could go for 2 years by the end of 2 years, we may not have much left.
Worse, if some of our defences get compromised due to this, anything could happen.
I mean what would happen if we lost the eu, the un, nato and a host of othhers.
There are enough countries in the east, west and maybe others that could end things if they want to.
Lose enough of those treaties and it won't be how long till the end or when will it happen or where, but what and who will end it.
If we lose enough people and resources or major bits of infrastructure, military bases, etc, then well, boom.
On the other hand if I was in charge of all the nukes, I'd wait till we were almost out of resources then I'd launch, wouldn't be much point after resources dropped and the net went, I havn't been in a fammon but I'm to much of a coward to watch the world starve.
I don't want a slow end, if I am going to go to the next world then I don't want to see the old one drop off slowly I just want to go.
The apocolipse aint here yet, but it will come by the end of the year if not sooner.
Maybe if we each made our own stuff we would have a chance but how much is unknown.
They talk about isolation.
Just turn off the net, and modern communication and every country in the world will be isolated all right.
Now while we have the net, power, water, and food we have a chance.
Turn off the net though and we don't have much to bother about.

2020-03-12 08:38:10

well not much happened in australia, we're receiving a few schools closed but not many other things in my area. Some stuff is going out of stock because people are afraid of being isolated though.

2020-03-12 08:52:09

I feel calm and confident about this situation, and I'm in the USA. President Trump is going to provide financial relief and job security for employees who miss work, and relief for small businesses that may be affected if they need to close for an extended time period.
My major concern is for the elderly, and the immune compromised.
Otherwise, if people will practice normal good hygene, I think we'll be fine.
But I am amazed that people are buying out the toilet paper section!
I could understand if they thought stores would be closed indefinitely, but we are nowhere near that. I blame the news media, for manipulating their audience into thinking this is worthy of full-scale panic.
If you are a journalist, you know how to use language to persuade your audience one way or another, and they are purposefully putting on a "doom and gloom" show, either because that's what passes for journalism these days, or because this is an election year.

2020-03-12 09:02:53 (edited by Lindworm 2020-03-12 10:49:49)

One of the things governments are worried about is the fact that the healthcare systems can't keep up with the spreading of Covid-19, and it can result in capacity shortages with regards to equipment, respirators and medical personnel. Perhaps the flu kills more people, but this is a huge extra burden on the hospitals. According to the World Health Organization, 1 in every 5 people who catch it need hospital care.

2020-03-12 09:08:20

@51 that sounds bloody dark lol.

Strangely enough, much of our manufactured drugs and other goods are made out of country. Already we are seeing shipments of various things being delayed due to the outbreak. If all borders clothes entirely, we are screwed. But yeah, practice good hygiene and be mindful and dont panic and we will be ok.

2020-03-12 09:28:17

Here in the Philippines, the toilet paper section is still full. The face masks section though? Its empty.

If you found this post helpful, amusing or funny, please thumb it up!
To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

2020-03-12 09:48:05 (edited by angel_diva22 2020-03-12 09:53:06)

Yeah, I am calm as well. Although, my friend Leona is trying not to panic, even though her parents are like, "Panic! Panic! Now!" and I told her, I was like, don't panic, you'll just stress yourself out. My mom is more concerned about Michelle though, as she has Idiopathic heart failure, idiopathic scoliosis, idiopathic asthma, etc. So for those who have a lot of health issues, whether they come from other ailments or syndromes, this is definitely concerning.
For example, all her health issues come from Alström Syndrome, so I definitely am keeping clean and keeping an eye on her.

2020-03-12 09:59:20

Especially since if she were to get sick with this, my mother says there is a high likelyhood it would kill her. It does, or can at least, come with symptoms of not being able to breathe, or having shortness of breath. So those of us in the world who have breathing issues, from what I understand, have to be even more careful than the rest of us, because of that symptom specifically, from what she was telling me. They even are planning on canceling her classes at Epic, which is a health insurance place. But I am told, that they will offer courses online. Since she has gone to Epic before, she can still take the classes and get her certification for whatever it is, but since they are cancelling the in person courses due to this Coronavirus, those who have never been to Epic cannot be certified. Wow.
I mention all this, not to bore anyone or make this off topic, but just to show how bad it is getting. And I am in Northern California.

2020-03-12 16:40:23

I'm in Seattle. Later today, I'm going to start preparing for quarantine.  I don't know whether we'll have it or not, but I strongly suspect that we will.

If you're blind and living alone, keep in mind that quarantine in your area is likely to shut down most if not all delivery services.  I'm not overly worried, but at the same time if I don't have groceries and quarantine happens, I'm screwed because it's not going to happen with 24 hours notice or something, it'll just be pretty instant.  So if you're blind and near enough coronavirus, maybe think about getting soup on hand just in case.

My Blog
Twitter: @ajhicks1992

2020-03-12 17:06:28

Hi.
Things are moving fast here in Denmark.
Things are being locked down for two weeks, and most people have to work from home whenever it's possible. The whole country is in a whole new situation because of that.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2020-03-12 17:09:46 (edited by Pineapple Pizza 2020-03-12 17:11:50)

Here is a podcast about the virus. Each episode goes in to a different aspect of it. It was from CNN so at first I was somewhat apprehensive, But I and many others from reviews found it to be neutral enough.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/c … 1501029683

I would rather listen to someone who can actually play the harmonica than someone who somehow managed to lose seven of them. Me, 2019.

2020-03-12 17:59:51

In colombia is the same as other places... gatherings of up to 1000 people or more are forbidden, masks going out of stock and people taking advantage of the panic, prices and situation, reselling used ones. Some universities are going online, people encouraged to stay and work at home and so on.
I am going to share a post from a facebookf Friend...more specifically, her cousin, who is a radiologist. A bit long but well worth the read. Let’s all do our part to be proactive and remain informed.
Well written essay by another physician. Worth reading regarding COVID-19.
Over the last few days, I have been struggling to navigate candid dialogue about COVID19 with family, friends, and peers who believe that the pandemic is a “hoax” or “blown way out of proportion.” I wrote an essay to share within my circle, in an effort to synthesize data and explain why social distancing is needed (see below). I’ve made it public, so if this might be useful for anyone else, please feel free to share or use in any way in your own conversations.
I am hearing frequent expressions of disbelief about the seriousness of COVID19 (novel coronavirus). On social media and in real life, it seems like lots of people think that the pandemic is a “hoax” or a “political game” or “media-driven fear mongering.”
I am a physician and not an epidemiologist, and these are my own opinions informed by close review of rapidly evolving primary data sources.
I am a pragmatist. I believe data. In general, panic is rarely necessary or productive. Preparedness, on the other hand, is essential. We don’t yet know what the impact of COVID19 will be on our population. As we gather more information over the coming weeks, it’s possible that we will discover that the situation in the U.S. is well controlled. We may find that our healthcare system is more than adequate to handle acute increases in patient volumes.
I understand why people are frustrated with media reports of the pandemic. Stockpiling supplies will probably not be helpful. Misinformed anxiety can be harmful to individuals and communities. But as we collect more information over the next few weeks, it is equally unsafe for people to casually discount the gravity of this situation. At this moment, we have increasing reports from other countries suggesting that COVID19 is causing harm beyond the average flu season; we don’t have data yet to reassure us that these trends will be different in the U.S. Clear-headed assessment of the available primary data consolidated by the WHO, in conjunction with first-hand stories from our colleagues on the ground, should be sufficient to incentivize our communities to be proactive instead of reactive.
I participate in multiple private online forums of physicians who are working to share real-time information about prevention and treatment of COVID19. Over the last 48 hours, we are seeing extremely worrisome first-hand reports from physician colleagues in Italy. They do not have sufficient ventilators for all of the patients who require mechanical respiratory support. They are facing excruciating decisions about which lives to attempt to save. Many critically ill patients are older than 60; however, there also are previously healthy 30 and 40 year olds on ventilators and dying. They are unable to staff hospitals due to substantial numbers of infected healthcare personnel.
The first cases of COVID19 were reported in Italy at the beginning of February, and the sentinel cases that are believed to have triggered widespread contagion occurred around February 21. This means that regions of the country went from a handful of cases to a volume that exceeded the capacity of their healthcare infrastructure in approximately 2.5 to 5 weeks. We need to be mindful of this information, and we need to do our best to learn from the experiences of our colleagues in other countries.
I’ve also seen many people commenting that the pandemic is a political weapon. I think it is important to acknowledge that politics are involved, particularly in the context of delayed testing and censorship of information for public consumption. Last week, a mandate was passed requiring that formal messaging from epidemiology and infectious disease experts at the CDC go through the White House before being released to the public. Leadership is calling the virus a “hoax,” and misinformation is circulating. In this time of public anxiety, it is essential that we strive to elevate and center the voices of scientists, researchers, epidemiologists, and healthcare providers, all of whom are advocating for our country to consider proactive approaches to mitigate the potential impact of the virus.
Unfortunately, at the moment, it is very difficult to assess the situation in the U.S. Genomic sequencing of viral strains in Washington state suggest that COVID19 is already endemic (i.e., spreading within communities). Yet we have very few official cases of novel coronavirus documented in the U.S. – simply because we are not conducting widespread or systematic testing for it.
Weeks ago, the U.S. declined to use the COVID19 testing kits that the WHO offered. These are the same kits that have been used successfully to test hundreds of thousands of people across Europe and Asia. Instead, the U.S. opted create its own kits and then disseminated kits with faulty controls. We have still not recovered from these oversights. It remains extremely difficult for healthcare providers to obtain COVID19 tests for patients in most regions of the U.S. One week ago, the CDC removed data on “total numbers tested” from its website, so we can no longer track how far behind U.S. testing is, compared to other countries. As recently as today, I continue to hear reports that local health departments do not have capacity to provide tests for patients with classic symptoms and high-risk travel histories. Despite promises that COVID19 testing would become readily accessible by yesterday, physicians across all of my networks continue to report inability to access tests.
Why does this matter? Because identification of cases of COVID19 is a strategy for slowing the spread. It is also important to better understand the denominator in the U.S., so that we can make better predictions regarding morbidity and mortality rates for our population. Currently, we are relying on rapidly accumulating data from multiple countries 4-8 weeks ahead of the U.S., which suggest that the morbidity and mortality of COVID19 exceeds that of the worst flu season. Data on COVID19 properties (e.g., incubation rate, unchecked R0, etc) suggest that it is on track to infect 40-70% of world’s population by December, and we don’t yet know how many will die as a result. Current estimates suggest that 1 out of every 50 people infected may die (although these numbers may change as denominators increase). In comparison, the seasonal flu infects a significantly lower percentage of the world’s population, and flu generally kills 1 out of every 2000 people it infects. These numbers will likely continue to evolve; at the moment, however, expert epidemiologists are projecting a “best case scenario” of ~5x worse than flu and a “worst case scenario” of 50x worse.
At this time, infectious disease experts believe that the U.S. has missed the opportunity for containment by multiple weeks. To be fair, it may have never been possible to contain, even with excellent surveillance strategies. But there is still an opportunity to “flatten the curve.” This means that, even if we cannot decrease the number of people who get infected, we can try to slow down the rate of spread of infection. This matters profoundly, because if large numbers of sick patients show up at our local healthcare systems at the same time, it will significantly strain the system in a way that can be difficult for healthcare providers to handle. And this can have a direct impact on patient outcomes: data from China suggest a 0.5% mortality in the setting of strict quarantine and adequate resources, and a 3-5% mortality in the context of depleted resources.
It also is not just about having enough ventilators to support patients with COVID19. It is about having enough resources and staff to take care of patients with heart attacks, strokes, acute appendicitis, and other urgent medical needs. If our local hospital systems become overwhelmed, then we are likely to see patients die from treatable pathophysiology, simply because the volume of patients exceeds the hospital’s capacity.
Conversely – if we decrease the rate of infection across the community, then we have an opportunity to lessen the burden on limited hospital resources and staff. The way to do this is through social distancing. This means that, as much as possible, everyone tries his or her best to avoid large public gatherings where a single infected individual could easily spread the virus to dozens of other people.
Social distancing requires an attitude of altruism. Sure, you might think: “approximately 80% of people who get this virus basically have a mild cold. Everyone is being ridiculous, and I’m not going to disrupt my life over this.” But we have increasing crowd-shared data from other countries that up to 20% of people who present for testing may require hospitalization, 5-10% may require ICU level support, and 2-4% of people may die. Some of these critically ill patients are young and previously healthy. Extrapolating from these data, my own risk of dying as a relatively healthy woman in my late 30s appears to be approximately 1/300 or 1/400, depending on the source (although possibly higher in the setting of direct patient care exposures). I don’t know about you, but I think these odds justify proactive efforts. Even if you are not elderly, you should take it seriously. And even if you mistrust the COVID19 mortality rate – if the volume of patients seeking medical care exceeds the capacity of healthcare system, then you and your family are at risk. If you have a loved one who might need medical attention for any reason in the next 8-12 weeks, you should care deeply about flattening the curve. Skip the big party. Avoid the shopping mall. Reschedule doctor visits unless you are ill and need medical attention. Limit travel unless it is essential.
I wrote this summary in an effort to help synthesize available data. My goal is not to scare people – statistically, most people who read this will be perfectly fine. I hope that we will see a slowing of cases in the coming weeks as the weather warms. Maybe the patterns that we are seeing in Europe and more recently out of Washington state will be outliers. But I also think that our country's response thus far has been largely reactive, as opposed to proactive. Everyone is awaiting centralized instructions with regulations for social distancing – and I anticipate that government-mandated closures of large gatherings will be forthcoming in the next few weeks. But I worry that these directives may arrive several weeks too late to meaningfully flatten the curve and lessen the impact on the healthcare system.
As people gather information over the next few weeks to ascertain how this pandemic unfolds in our communities, I think it is important for each of us to be proactive in as many ways as possible. I believe that we need to start prioritizing social distancing sooner rather than later. Whenever safe and possible, please consider avoiding large celebrations. Please consider postponing social, in-person gatherings or converting to online forums in the coming days and weeks.
Please help your first responders and healthcare workers, who will likely be on the front lines soon. Encourage your friends and family to practice social distancing and to strictly follow quarantines if/when enacted. Please help your community flatten the curve.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2020-03-12 18:07:23

in india 73 people are infected with kovid19

want peace to be there everywhere around the world also I want an immediate sollution to be given for this war so that the bloodshed could be ended. live peacefully, let others also live peacefully

2020-03-12 18:29:13

I'm not worried about running out of toilet paper. Our house has bidets on the toilets which is way better than toilet paper and it is cleaner. I have family that just came back from France and I'm guessing that they are going to have to self quarantine. That would suck. I heard a lot of people are spending lots of money to try and get home with this 30 day travel ban to and from Europe to the US. Which is ironic that something that is supposed to reduce the number of people coming into the country is temporarily increasing it. Not to mention over crowded planes.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2020-03-12 18:52:26

I saw a video on sunday night which basically explained everything in post 62, which helped to temper my anger over the situation.

2020-03-12 21:14:31

So, I'll admit that the idea of quarrantines or lockdowns is the one thing that scares the piss out of me. I have questions, all the questions about how such a thing would work if it were enacted throughout the whole United States. For one thing, who would be making sure that no one left their homes? Even with a military presence in large cities, you're still not going to have enough personnel to shove a gun in the face of anyone who steps out to have a smoke or just to get a bit of fresh air. Then you have all the rural areas of the country, which your friendly neighborhood doughnut-eating cop won't be able to patrol. Doubly so if literally no one is allowed to be out. In that case, who's going to stop mass looting of stores and businesses? There are also places which can't close down. Obvious ones are nursing homes and hospitals, but what about stuff like, hey, I don't know, the Pentagon?

There's something else to consider, too. If everyone is locked in their homes indefinitely, the suicide rate is going to go way up. What is a well-known, proven risk factor for suicide? That's right, you guessed it--sudden loss of financial security. So if a whole bunch of people are uprooted from their jobs, especially when it's extremely uncertain when or if they'll be able to return to them, I would say that most people are going to take the easy way out. Hell, even if that's not a factor, many people are going to do that anyway, especially if they have preexisting mental health issues, simply because one of the things that can exacerbate such conditions is being forced to do nothing but stare at your own four walls. Now, of course, I'm being slightly hyperbolic with that last statement--netflix and chill is a thing--but one of the things that is often recommended for those suffering from depression, anxiety, and so on is that they change their scenery, even if that means going for a short walk. Obviously, they couldn't do that, perhaps for weeks at a time, so there is a real and true risk that suicide will kill thousands more people than this virus could ever touch.

I thought the Facebook post that was shared here was well-written, and gave me a few things to think about. If that is true that the testing kits from other countries were rejected, that was a shitty thing for our government to do, but not at all below what I'd expect from the current administration. On the other hand, the physician who wrote it said so themselves that the majority of the people who contract the virus only have mild symptoms. That's not to say that the elderly and immunocompromised don't count, or to be flippant, but it harkens back to my earlier point that mass enforced quarrantine will ultimately do far more damage than the virus itself, not only on an individual level, but also on an economic level, as well as plunging the people as a whole into an even lower state of morale with how the government in this country operates.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2020-03-12 22:39:27

The U.S. can't deploy the military to keep us in our homes or anything like that, and to my knowledge never has.

My concern is only that, if you are blind and living alone, things like Instacart and such may go away temporarily.  Even in China, limited ability to move around was available.

I wish everyone on this thread would  stop downplaying the bad, and realize the difference between linear and exponential growth.  People  in authority are truly, justifiably freaking out, because anything less than what we are doing means that by the time you're personally in a position to freak out as much as they are now, it's too late for anyone anywhere to do anything.  Indeed, the reason we aren't taking stringent measures right now is that people *are* balancing the economic harm vs. the bans/quarantines.  Do you personally need to freak out, maybe not, but at least support the efforts to keep this from being as bad as it could be.

The coronavirus is around 1% to 2% death rate. The U.S. is 300 million people.  Anyone saying that we shouldn't freak out about it because we don't freak out about the flu is losing my respect because that's equivalent to saying that you're okay with up to 6 million people dead.  Even if the U.S. could force everyone to stay home and that somehow meant that everyone was home alone (as opposed to with their families), and assuming that's the entire country, you're not looking at anywhere near 6 million suicides.  You're probably not even looking at above 10000 suicides.  Yes, suicides are bad; but in a situation like this one, the game isn't winnable.  We just play the best we can until the medical establishment is able to deal with the massive influx of new sick people, then lift the quarantines and the coronavirus becomes part of our new normal, or in the best possible universe it turns out that we can develop herd immunity and it dies off in a couple years.

My Blog
Twitter: @ajhicks1992

2020-03-12 23:11:00 (edited by turtlepower17 2020-03-13 01:11:27)

Uh, there are some people who wouldn't want to be locked in their homes for weeks on end with their families, particularly if stress escalates violence in said families. But either way, if we do end up developing herd immunity to this thing, if we go with your estimate of 10,000 suicides, that's way too many lives lost which might not otherwise have been.

I don't know what the solution is, if there is one, either. I certainly don't claim to have all the answers. What I do know is that I'm starting to understand why people are freaking out, again, not on an individual level, but as far as organizations and government entities go. A couple hours ago, very soon after I finished writing my last post on this topic, in fact, the organization that is hooking me up with O&M services called to tell me that my upcoming appointment was cancelled, because they're cancelling all meetings with clients until the beginning of April. I guess it took something having a small effect on me to realize that this is serious. I'm all for taking reasonable precautions, reasonable being the key word there. I do not, and will not, support any kind of mass lockdowns, though, not only because of the concerns I mentioned previously, but also because it's just not right, or probably even attainable to do such a thing. The worries I mentioned previously would make a great dystopian novel or TV show, but I couldn't tolerate it being my reality. No headstrong young superhero would come to save the day and put the world right again.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2020-03-13 02:48:05 (edited by angel_diva22 2020-03-13 02:51:54)

I, myself, am not saying there is no room or need for any concern whatsoever, I am definitely concerned. Especially since Michelle helps me with some things due to not having much use of my right side and I'm around her 24-7.
Plus, my mom is concerned, because my brother works, and he could easily bring it back from someone at his job and it could most likely kill Michelle. Thank goodness he hasn't yet, but still...

So yeah. Am I panicking to where I could scream bloody murder? No, but I am concerned. Definitely. My mom did say the US government/other health departments did put out something saying they couldn't completely nutralize it, but they would do their utmost best to slow it down.

Just to add to this as a further edit, I am not saying that it could kill Michelle, just to say I am concerned about only her, because that is not the case! I am definitely praying for everyone, and am definitely keeping an eye on whatever reliable info I can find on this matter.

2020-03-13 04:54:28

same as @64. Not worried if toilet paper runs out.
In the Philippines, the president has imposed a month quarantene in my area. That means you can go out of your homes, but you can't go out of my area. Air, sea, and land travel to and from my area has been suspended for a month. We have a total of 52 cases with more everyday.

If you found this post helpful, amusing or funny, please thumb it up!
To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

2020-03-13 05:15:59

India so far has only seventy or so cases, and out of them, only one person has died.

Come to think of it, I am actually for once pleasantly surprised by the actions of the government here, since well, you know, India does not have very great reputation when it comes to government among the people here.

Also, almost all the cases have resulted from the people who came back from abroad.

Of course then there is the other side: Yesterday, I saw the news that some people decided that it would be a bright idea to sell the used masks in the black market. there were literally hundred thousand masks stored within the wearhouse, and soon as those people got the news that they have been found out, they just put the masks in the plastic bags, thrown them irresponsibly, and ran away.

Medical personnel have to come in the morning, since all of this took place in night, and then sterilize the hole thing and clear it up.

While it maybe in the bad taste, I actually am having a field day holding the fact that I am introvert over my friends and my mom's head, since they always bugged me to go out more.

2020-03-13 06:55:06

I'm concerned about it, but I'm definitely not going to put my entire life on hold because of it. If I get it, I get it. Staying in my house isn't going to prevent me from getting it since breathing is the way you get it, and I'll have to leave the house every once and a while anyway.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2020-03-13 07:51:22

I hope this pandemic passes quickly

want peace to be there everywhere around the world also I want an immediate sollution to be given for this war so that the bloodshed could be ended. live peacefully, let others also live peacefully

2020-03-13 10:23:18

I hear that 14000000000000 dollers have been drowned china's gdp is very hard hit
but frankly speaking, world gdp as a whole has been affected badly from korona virus.
I wish that our scientists would be able to find the cure for the virus one day and we would be able to put a stop to the spread of this horified virus known as kovid 19
also I doubt whether the official deathtoal given by china is true.
because I believe that many more chinese have died due to this virus.
much more than what the chinese government is telling to the world
those who agree do give a thumbs up to my post

2020-03-13 10:44:23 (edited by LordLundin 2020-03-13 10:47:29)

The actions taken to prevent the spread of K19 is going to have more longterm consequences than the actual disease, I fear. The economy is already declining rappidly. Regretable but understandable, what we don't know is terrifying, and it has spread exceptionally fast.
Edit:
@aryamansingh please use the edit function to append to your posts rather than post three times individually.
Edit 2:
@angel_diva22 I have no idea who these people are ... I assume they're friends of yours, but it's pointless to put their names without any context ... it is also quite disrespectful.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.